New York Tourney '07 Discussion Thread

can we get rid of the retarded rule that says i cannot try to block field goals? so if i play good defense, and stop a guy in the fourth quarter w/ 9 sec left at the 40, i can't try to block his kick? i have to let him kick it free? and dont tell me 'use another player', cause there is plenty of time even with the '4th guy down' to kick it.

its a dumb rule. sorry. if you cannot kick it on the first or second pass of the marker its your own fault. its part of the game to kick quickly.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we get rid of the retarded rule that says i cannot try to block field goals? so if i play good defense, and stop a guy in the fourth quarter w/ 9 sec left at the 40, i can't try to block his kick? i have to let him kick it free? and dont tell me 'use another player', cause there is plenty of time even with the '4th guy down' to kick it.

its a dumb rule. sorry. if you cannot kick it on the first or second pass of the marker its your own fault. its part of the game to kick quickly.

4th man down definitly doesn't let a full marker pass worth of time, and with a good LB in excellent a fieldgoal might be impossible. Its not that it eliminates all chances of blocking the kick, but that it eliminates all chances of it being impossible to aim AT ALL.

4th man down definitly doesn't let a full marker pass worth of time, and with a good LB in excellent a fieldgoal might be impossible. Its not that it eliminates all chances of blocking the kick, but that it eliminates all chances of it being impossible to aim AT ALL.

well, given that if the line of scrimmage is anything outside the 35 in a real game then a FG is very difficult (52-yard FG), then it should be almost impossible to make 60 and 70 yard kicks in the game, anyway. you don't need a lot of time to aim on the shorter kicks.

The potential blocking of kicks is a part of Tecmo I really enjoy. It prevents 60 yard field goals from being a boring automatic 3 points. Without the ability to use the 4th man down, overtime becomes completely worthless because a field goal is just too easy for the team that gets the ball. The block % after the animation is also relatively low; this isn't gamebreaking.

I will chalk this insane rule up to PTSD resulting from a critical blocked FG in someone's youth. I for one do not collapse into the fetal position at the thought of a 56 MS LB rushing my kicks.

Final confirmed list:

bobmajob33 (AUS)

AugieNo2 (PA)

TecSpectre (PA)

SteveTasker (PA)

daboy8821 (PA)

Louis Oliver (PA) (+1?)

2steppinlonnieyoung (PA)

biw314 (CT) (+2, Mikey & Jim)

Ranatoro (CT)

Edgefan2000 (NJ)

artoose monk (NJ) (+ 1)

longdongchucklong (NJ)

ihoagied (NJ)

Bo FB Offtackle Left (NY)

Bad Moon Rison (NY) (+1)

Samurai Psycho (NY)

Some guy from Hollis (NY)

Rok (NY)

Okoye For 6 (NY) (+1)

Signing up in advance is now closed. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU STILL CAN'T ATTEND. What it means is that you are not guaranteed a spot. The people above have reserved their spots. Since the list above comprises of only 24 people, you may show up to the tourney that day and still might be able to play. However, if the tourney is full (30 people), you cannot participate.

Please arrive around 1 PM for setup. Samurai and I will be there around 12:30. Kickoff starts at 1:30 PM. If you don't signup and setup by that time, you'll be turned away, so plan on being early. If you are travelling, get to NYC as early as possible. You can always explore the city if you are early.

You will receive more details shortly.

BMR

FYI, Here's what you'll be playing for:

-Cash pot- (semifinalists receive pot refund, runner up receives complete refund, winner gets a whole lotta cash)

041001_50dollar_hmed_7a.hmedium.jpg

-Commemorative NY Tourney plaque (7x9) with QB Bills card autographed by some imposter named "Jim Kelly"

prize.jpg

-Free day pass to NYCLAN

NYCLAN_logo.jpg

-Tecmo Bragging Rights

airpagel.jpg

I paid for the card and to have the plaque made. All together, it was about $60 (the card doesn't cost that much actually since it's from 90-91). We hope that we are covered in expenses for it just from admission price, but if not at most we'd shave off 10-20 from the winner's pot. I imagine the pot will be pretty big to begin with, and it's probably very likely that the pot will be over $100.