New York Tourney '07 Discussion Thread

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Givins is already in the RB slot on Houston. As soon as you switch to the two-back set he is there. You'd have to actively put him on the bench or outlaw two-back formations to comply.

Rice is faster than Craig, but Craig is much stronger and if you move Rice to RB you lose Rice at WR. There is probably nothing more dangerous in the game than Rice at WR. I would love it if my opponent moved him to RB.

Sanders is in the same situation as Givins.

Rison is the same as Rice. If you move him to RB you lose your most dangerous weapon and have a RB that can't break a tackle.

Maybe these things hold up online for some reason (hard to break tackles?) but I don't see them affecting the game on the console.

Someone like Givins, for example, you would simply either move to a WR position, swap out for someone on your bench, or you could leave him at that position, provided he doesn't run the ball from it. You wouldn't need to worry about the formation, only changing Givins' position if you change to T formation, for example.

Someone like Givins, for example, you would simply either move to a WR position, swap out for someone on your bench, or you could leave him at that position, provided he doesn't run the ball from it. You wouldn't need to worry about the formation, only changing Givins' position if you change to T formation, for example.

you could still pass to givins from the t-form, correct?

well the fact that moving rice to rb...think hes 69 ms. Basically unless their HP is 88 or 94 like okoye or anderson from the G men type, the hp doesnt matter at all. Bottom line stat to look at for a RBs effectiveness is MS

Think Barry Sanders, pretty hard to stop aint he. Rice would be the same way, as playing defense id much rather take my chances of covering Rice(possibly he doesnt get thrown the ball) then defending him run after run. Rbs are way more dangerous than WRS on tecmo and then if u add superstar RBs to run the ball, you have a whole mess of trouble. The problem with the before mention givins, sanders and rison

2/3 were in the run n shoot formations

the other was in a 3 wide wr set "the posse"

so i think u need 2 ammend the no WR running the ball clause to say all RBs with #s say 20-49 can run the ball. I believe technically speaking that givins and sanders are listed at RB when u look at the player data screen, we all know they were WRs though.

Givins is already in the RB slot on Houston. As soon as you switch to the two-back set he is there. You'd have to actively put him on the bench or outlaw two-back formations to comply.

Rice is faster than Craig, but Craig is much stronger and if you move Rice to RB you lose Rice at WR. There is probably nothing more dangerous in the game than Rice at WR. I would love it if my opponent moved him to RB.

Sanders is in the same situation as Givins.

Rison is the same as Rice. If you move him to RB you lose your most dangerous weapon and have a RB that can't break a tackle.

Maybe these things hold up online for some reason (hard to break tackles?) but I don't see them affecting the game on the console.

oboy..Craig is much stronger? Rice is 69ms..that's 1 notch below Bo and equal to Barry..I'd run a 69ms RB outta my backfield WAY before i left him at WR

Givens is at the RB slot, but isnt a RB, and is illegal to use him there..Houston with a 56ms RB would be THAT much more unstoppable..No question it should be outlawed

Ditto for Ricky Sanders..Redskins are basically a toned down version of the Oilers

And yeah, HP doesn't mean shit unless its 75+ more or less..If i had a team with just Rison at WR, ill beat you 9 out of 10..Rice at RB? Fahgettttttttttttttttttttttttt about it..idk man, it's late..WR's at RB is illegal and way too lopsided if put in the wrong hands

I've started working on the tournament scheduling.

Question about pools:

If we need pools (which it seems we definitely will), what if we receive an odd number of people, e.g.- 19 people. I would divide people into 3 pools of 6 each, but one person would be left over. I would probably assign that person to a pool, but that would mean 7 in one pool, which would mean each player in that pool would play an extra game.

Should I:

A) Make the other two pools play an extra game against a random opponent

:lol: Have the odd numbered pool play one game less per player

C) Calculate record regardless of total number of games played

Moving a team's best receptions WR to RB is usually not a good move in my experience. The 49ers offense goes from the best in the game to one marginally better than the Bills' (I feel like I've had this discussion before... http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28495&highlight=#28495).

The teams that really benefit from running with a WR/TE are the Dolphins, Oilers and Eagles. It also helps Washington a bit.

And again, when we're playing with teirs, I don't understand why we're talking about running with WRs disrupting balance. The Eagles and Oilers are already outclassed by the 49ers; it's forcing them to play with one hand tied down that's unbalancing. The Dolphins are inferior to the Bengals and Chiefs as well so I don't see what's gained by nerfing them either.

All of this is not to say that you *must* allow WRs running the ball. There's something to be said for the realism aspect and it ain't my tournament. But I don't think we should really sit here pretending that "no WR at RB" is anything other than an arbitrary rule that doesn't improve gameplay.

Yeah, I would say KC and Miami are pretty similar, but stopping Marino with DT sucks. Edge tore me apart. I think my plan was to just outscore him with the Cheifs' offense, but that didn't work too well. Plus, when using the tiers like this, the better teams are not used often.

Interesting point... but think of it this way. How many San Fran Houston matchups will we see if I just put those two teams on the same tier? I do think the Giants are up to their level, at least the Oilers. I was actually thinking of bumping a team or two down to IND/NE level. Think of how many matchups we'll see with those teams because there is no one on that tier or below them?

I saw your comment earlier and I'm not sure what to do about it. Personally, I feel the best four teams in the game are: SF, HOU, GIA, BUF (in that order). That would make me swap BUF and PHI the way the current tiers are set up to look like this:

One : sf hou gia buf

Two: phi rai chi

Three: cin kc mia

Four: den sd rams tb det was min

Five: dal phx pit jets atl

Six: no gb cle sea

Seven: ind ne

I am pretty much set with the way the tiers are as I don't think we'll ever find a perfect tiering system. The one that concerns me the most is TIER 7. Should there be another team on this tier? Can we bump these teams up? I am just thinking in terms of fun factor, if people pick these teams, it will basically just be a IND/N.E matchup. How many of those can you bear to watch?

I am also considering bumping SF and HOU into their own tier (however, that would leave BUF and GIA on their own tier as well). I don't want tiers to get too spread out though. It complicates things and we will end up seeing a lot of very similar matchups.

Even within tiers matchups are not really even. There really aren't that many even matchups on the original rom. I'd personally take ne over indy easily and SF over any team.

The process for the choosing the matchups needs to be fleshed out a bit more especially if there is prize money up for grabs.

I definitely think you should have everyone grouped into pools beforehand and then adjust if there are too many "no-shows" in aprticular group.

Just my 2 cents even though I'm not coming

One : sf hou gia buf

Two: phi rai chi

Three: cin kc mia

Four: den sd rams tb det was min

Five: dal phx pit jets atl

Six: no gb cle sea

Seven: ind ne

you might consider bumping NE and IND to tier six and bumping CLE to tier five.

I like that idea also.

btw, i might be bringing a few more along with me, but ill let you know closer to the tourney