New York Tourney '07 Discussion Thread

Would the group be interested in checking out a strip club later that night?

Just another fun experience while visiting New York. :roll:

I was thinking of going to one afterwards anyway, so count me in. I usually go to Cityscape in Queens Plaza - it's fairly cheap and some of the girls are willing to do, uhh, extra things if you know what I mean. I hear they don't do that so much in Manhattan.

But if you want to keep it local to the place, have you ever been to the VIP Club? I've been thinking about checking it out. It's only 2 subway stops uptown from where we'll be.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's not a requirement of the tournament, so don't worry. We might actually try to get an earlier start time as the tourney numbers continue to grow. LouisOliver and 2steppinlonnieyoung have informed me they will make the tournament. Samurai is the one who talks to the manager of this place, so we'll keep you informed if we can negotiate more time.

i live in the city and love tecmo. count me in if there is still room. i know that biw314 cat and wouldn't trust his deck. wait, i mean my deck. it froze last time we had a tourney, so i won't bring it. but i do have a cart and a couple controllers.

should be fun, thanks to everyone for setting it up.

I will be attending with artoose monk, and I wanted to suggest some rules for the tourney. I think that picking different teams during the first round is a great idea, but in the second round (tournament) each person should play with only one team. The picking order of the team should go by performance in the first round (W-L, tier team used, point differential in case of ties), and should go down through the seeds.

Being seeded first in a large playoff field isn't enough of a reward? The tournament rules as they exist now aren't perfect (no 4th man down on FG?), but they're good enough.

The only real problem I forsee is that we won't have enough time for the "ideal" number of games. I'd like to see a relatively high number of games in the qualifying round (at least 6) and then best 2/3 in the playoffs, but that just won't happen unless everyone who says they're coming turns out to be lying.

Maybe we can continue the late rounds of the playoffs at bad moon rison's home!

At the current numbers, I think the qualifying round will be around 6 games or so. Remember, not everyone will qualify. I would like to do the elimination round best 2 out of 3, but that can always be shortened depending on time restrictions.

For the elimination round, I think we are going to do it like the first round. You may only use a team once. To me, it seems that there is strategy involved in that and it forces you to be well-rounded. Don't worry, I don't plan on winning this. :roll:

Byoder, I didn't have you down, but you are more than welcome to come. Do you have the ability to bring a system or controllers?

I think you should be anyone you wanted, as long as lurching doesn't occur...you can't be anyone on Seattle but Jacob Green, and he is a DL....For the 4th man down on a FG, i think it should be allowed....only a few players on tecmo can block from there, and not using them would be like telling people that they cannot run with bo if they are the raiders....

I think you should be anyone you wanted, as long as lurching doesn't occur...you can't be anyone on Seattle but Jacob Green, and he is a DL....For the 4th man down on a FG, i think it should be allowed....only a few players on tecmo can block from there, and not using them would be like telling people that they cannot run with bo if they are the raiders....

I agree, especially since it will be on consoles. The timing of kicks is much easier than on emulators.

my bias, for what its worth, is to allow 4th man down on kicks - even lt and derrick thomas only block even a few extra points when in exclnt, and its just an added risk on long fgs.

i completely agree w/ no lurching. if someone wants to be howie or bruce that's cool so long as no dive right away.

since we're probably less than 'one man one vote' take all this with a grain of salt. but this is going to be fun. what is the total head count at this point? there's a chance we (me, biw314) may bring an extra dude. not 100% at this point - is that still an option?

thx

You can bring who you want. If everyone shows, it might be crowded, but I say the more, the merrier. We're gonna declare a signup/setup time once we negotiate how much time we have. The bigger this gets, the more time I think we should have.

As for DL, I could go either way. I think if you rush the passer with a DL, you have to go outside the tackle. But I think FGs, no 4th man down has gotta be a rule, at least on FGs. I probably wouldn't kick a FG if every time I had to kick it, I would have to press the button immediately for fear of it being blocked right away.