TSB Editor - TSBTool - Season Generator

BAD_AL

If I knew that's what you were trying to do, I'd have pointed you toward 'FC'.

FC is a windows command line program that will compare 2 text files and tell you if the files are different, and where they differ.

Also, I do know of another program that will compare 2 text files side by side and will highlight the differences. it's freeware but I haven't used it very much http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff .

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have feature requests for TSBTool or TSBSeasonGen?

I plan on releasing the next version within a couple weeks.

If someone has a suggestion for a new feature, I'll try to get it in before the next release.

Keep in mind that requests can be for the user interface or for additional functionality.

From Email:======================================

my question to you with the tool u have present. Is we use a rating calculator to produce our tecmo ratings. Basically we take how the actual player did that season, input his stats and it outputs a tecmo rating we use. Heres an address where you can check the calculator

http://www.tecmoworld.com/ctl/calc.htm

Is there anyway we can combine this with the program u use to create roms easily? My 2nd question is if the first one can not be answered. I see you have been helping malferds a lot with his excel questions. Im still an amatuer with excel and i know this is possible as ive done some of it in the past. Basically its in regards to waht i mentioned above. Say we put stats in column a say pass yards in column b id like to get the tecmo rating. What function would column A have? I figure abunch of if then statements?

thanks for your help

==============================================

I'll think about the best way to enable a user to define how the players get their attributes. Some of that functionality is already in the next version of TSBSeasonGen (but not all).

Any other requests?

One thing that I noticed about creating a season is that when you sim it the sacks and ints are way high. A couple times the top guy had 20 ints and the top sack leader had like 30 some. I checked there sim stats and they were low. Just thought I'd tell ya. Cant wait for the new version in a few weeks.

Please don't use that calculator.

my question to you with the tool u have present. Is we use a rating calculator to produce our tecmo ratings. Basically we take how the actual player did that season, input his stats and it outputs a tecmo rating we use. Heres an address where you can check the calculator

Is there anyway we can combine this with the program u use to create roms easily? My 2nd question is if the first one can not be answered. I see you have been helping malferds a lot with his excel questions. Im still an amatuer with excel and i know this is possible as ive done some of it in the past. Basically its in regards to waht i mentioned above. Say we put stats in column a say pass yards in column b id like to get the tecmo rating. What function would column A have? I figure abunch of if then statements?

thanks for your help

I'll think about the best way to enable a user to define how the players get their attributes. Some of that functionality is already in the next version of TSBSeasonGen (but not all).

Any other requests?

Please don't use that calculator.

thanks for your help

Any other requests?

it was a question directly towards the league. I didnt want him to change anything he uploads for public use.

I've been thinking about how to best accomidate your request.

To do it well, would be a lot of work (I'd have to implement a very smart parser).

I think the following are your best bets.

Options:

1. You could configure the next TSBSeasonGen to do much/some of that work for you, and then do the rest by hand (this might be the easiest thing to do).

2. If malfreds could post a spreadsheet that did this (where the user could configure the formulas easily) I think this would be ideal. He has already done most of the work in other spreadsheets. [malfreds, I'm not sure if you know how to create your own functions, but it might save you a lot of time. check out http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assis ... 61033.aspx]

3. If someone in your league is a web programmer, perhaps they could create a web page that could do it.

I wish I could help you more, but some of those calculations are based on data that I just don't have easy access to.

oh oh oh, i just thought of something!

If you could make a place were we could type in what we want the starting screen to say that would be very cool.

and some custom rom options to personalize a rom could be:

font choice

certain font colors for select texts

writing on 30 yard lines to say league names, or other stuff

i dont know anything about hacking graphics but it sounds not only possible but pretty easy...

just throwing my ideas at the gray screen here

If you could make a place were we could type in what we want the starting screen to say that would be very cool.

and some custom rom options to personalize a rom could be:

font choice

certain font colors for select texts

writing on 30 yard lines to say league names, or other stuff

i dont know anything about hacking graphics but it sounds not only possible but pretty easy...

Ok,

Now questions for you:

1. How do you change the font?

2. "certain font colors for select texts" what do you mean by this, and how do you do it?

3. I'm not planning on any graphic hacks in this release (I know nothing about graphic hacking, and I wanted to release v 1.2 soon. Possible in the future if someone shows/tells me how ).

I plan on releasing Saturday, so If I don't get an answer by then, it won't go in.

Actually,

I'll leave the alternate league data as a task for someone else. I'm not even sure the data that is out there is good enough to auto-generate a ROM.

If you do find some decent stats for the alternate leagues, please post the url here.

Also, if anyone knows a good site for getting historic college football stats, please post the url.

TDO, ive researched all i could find on knobbe.org. im sure theres something out there, its just not easy to find. and even if i did find it i couldnt do anything but repeat that exact post that i cant find.

ive tried out hex editors and i cant find a read me that i can understand, all ive read was bruddogs "is this confusing yet?" readme.

its a much better route to just ask a rom making champion were and how, rather than me waisting my whole day researching posts and reading them all off knobee.org.

Actually, all of that stuff would be done with a tile editor.

Look for Tile Layer Pro though there might be better ones out there.

WIth this tool you should easily be able to find all the tiles that make up the letters and the field. Just be aware that any changes you make to tiles affect everywhere they're used in the games.

I downloaded TSBSeasonGen, opened it, and must say it's very impressive. However, when I go to save it, it tells me:

The provided filter string is invalid. The filter string should contain a description of the filter, followed by the vertical bar and the filter pattern...

And so on... I really don't know much about this program or many other editing programs, so even if it's simple, anything you could say to get this working for me would be very helpful.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Good catch.

I made TSBSeasonGen's GUI for debugging purposes only ( I probably should have taken it out. I'm going to remove the 'save data' option in the lame gui).

Don't use it.

I added a TSBSeasonGen Menu item to TSBTool (it only shows up if they are in the same directory).

Open up TSBTool, look for the TSBSeasonGen menu item, now specify the year or config file to use with TSBSeasonGen.

TSBSeasonen will be 'exec'ed in another process, and it's output will be placed into TSBTool's text box.

If you really want to use TSBSessonGen's GUI, you can still copy it's contents and paste it into TSBTool.

Actually,

I'll leave the alternate league data as a task for someone else. I'm not even sure the data that is out there is good enough to auto-generate a ROM.

If you do find some decent stats for the alternate leagues, please post the url here.

Also, if anyone knows a good site for getting historic college football stats, please post the url.

Ask and ye shall receive.

British American Football League 2005 Season

BAFL Division 1

BAFL Division 2

I just noticed a defect in the Data in TSB_Data\PositionRankings\*.txt

It turns out that the sim data doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the player's abilities.

If you are concerned about sim data be sure to change the sim attributes in DLRanking.txt, DBRankind.txt, and LBRanking.txt to what you feel they should be.

Critical Fix to TSBTool.

new version = 1.2.0.1.

Please update TSBTool.

Sblueman messed up a ROM he was working on because some of the player names had a ' (single quote) character in their names. The single quote was not handled gracefully by TSBTool 1.2.

Version 1.2.0.1 should fix all input related defects that could cause damage to the output rom.

Well,

It seems that I introduced 2 new defects with TSBTool 1.2.0.1.

1. Bills team sim data not set.

2. Jersey numbers greater than 63 get set to 0.

New TSBTool version 1.2.0.2 fixes these annoying defects.

Geez...

I really should follow a process when I submit new builds.

• 3 weeks later...