TSB Editor - TSBTool - Season Generator

BAD_AL

trouble with sim stats bad_al. Ive been working on making another plain original rom, but with updated depth charts and sim stats.. so people have less time to resituate their teams.

seems a lot of teams came out with a 0 for offense and 2 for defense. lik 10 or more team i think....

i might do it again to make sure it was TSB tool , but i didnt change anything on my own unless i was sleep walking again.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, something's messed up.

Something seems to be overwriting the values.

I just tried the following:

==============================

TEAM = bills SimData=0x55

TEAM = colts SimData=0x55

TEAM = dolphins SimData=0x55

TEAM = patriots SimData=0x55

TEAM = jets SimData=0x55

TEAM = bengals SimData=0x55

TEAM = browns SimData=0x55

TEAM = oilers SimData=0x55

TEAM = steelers SimData=0x55

TEAM = broncos SimData=0x55

TEAM = chiefs SimData=0x55

TEAM = raiders SimData=0x55

TEAM = chargers SimData=0x55

TEAM = seahawks SimData=0x55

TEAM = redskins SimData=0x55

TEAM = giants SimData=0x55

TEAM = eagles SimData=0x55

TEAM = cardinals SimData=0x55

TEAM = cowboys SimData=0x55

TEAM = bears SimData=0x55

TEAM = lions SimData=0x55

TEAM = packers SimData=0x55

TEAM = vikings SimData=0x55

TEAM = buccaneers SimData=0x55

TEAM = 49ers SimData=0x55

TEAM = rams SimData=0x55

TEAM = saints SimData=0x55

TEAM = falcons SimData=0x55

==============================

it set all the team's sim data to 0x55 in the output rom.

But when I also set player data and schedule data, the team sim data doesn't change. -wierd

I'll get this fixed in the next version.

Until then you should be able to set the team sim data if you only apply that data to the ROM (like above).

If you have all your team sim data saved to a file (called 'data_file'), you can run the following command from the command line to quickly extract only that data:

findstr TEAM data_file > TeamSimData.txt

Then open up TeamSimData and apply it to your rom.

-- Update

Ok, I played with it a little more and it looks like the LOLB sim data is overwriting the team sim data. If you omit the sim data for the LOLB the team sim data sticks. Also if you mess with the LOLB sim data, the team sim data changes. Kinda funny.

Thanks for fiding this defect malfreds.

ummm if you could.. lol i feel weird making a request! but umm i use an excel document. and i can load a rom up with TSB tool and copy the info, pasite it on one page of the excell and it flows into 28 pages for individual team information and rankings. from there i can personally edit it one team or all at once with excel, then i just copy the "copy" page... so cool and i edit out the tabs commas, zeros, and such wth the replace feature in "notepad" then i paste it back in tsb tool! takes me 5 minutes or less to complete the process when i have the excell doc all edited.

BUT i cant find a way to make the Team Sim stats get entered in that way. if its really easy, it would be nice to have a seperate cell for Team O and team D ... just a thought. thanks for the tool. i wouldnt be making anymore roms if you didnt bring this along. sorry everyone else that im still making roms :P

I'm not really sure what you mean.

If you want to get around the team sim defect right now, you can just add all those lines

"TEAM=bills SimData=0x59"

at the end of your spread sheet (you seem like an Excel wizzard, so you probably know how to mirror the data).

So Something like:

TEAM=bills SimData=0x59

QB1, ...

QB2, ...

TEAM=colts SimData=0xaa

QB1, ...

QB2, ...

TEAM=bills SimData=0x59

TEAM=colts SimData=0xaa

As long as you run the team sim data through last, it will stick.

Of course, this will be fixed in the next version.

i just learned how to sort a few weeks ago... lol but excell is very usefull even if you dont know everything.

i want to be able to take the info from 2 cells. one offensive team sim data and the other defensive. which are derived through formulas. and have another cell on a different page take that data and put it in so that i wont have to edit them all by hand.

is mirror just like copying all the cells by making the mirror cells = the location of the original cells?

By 'mirror' I just mean that cells one place are updated with data from another. i don't think it's an Excel term.

So the formula for that cell would be something like:

=A1

Where A1 contained "Team= bils SimData=0x44"

So in your spreadsheet on the Output Rom tab at the bottom, formulas like:

=A2

=A34

=A66

Would do the trick.

in the output box ill just make 2 cells with the offense and defense values and an empty cell in between and another empty cell before these two cells. with a 0 in the empty cells. then when i replace the ,0 it will move it right were i want it.

so... if i get a new change that makes the bills team get an f for offense(15 i just learned that :P) and a 9 for defense. Now i want the "44" below to be changed to "f9" right? , i think so :D

Team= bils SimData=0x44

so i will have one cell for each team with just the team name and a 0=x after it like so:

Team= bils SimData=0x

then i will have two cells after that for the team data with "/////////////" being an extra cell with a "0" in it.

Team= bils SimData=0x/////////////// F ///////////////// 9

and when i copy this to notepad as

Team= bils SimData=0x,0,f,0,9

and i will be replaceing ",0," (before changing ",0" lol)in my text to nothing so it will then be changed to:

Team= bils SimData=0xf9

man i wish i knew more about excell i know there are better ways. well i just figured this out so i will now impliment it in my document.

There is a better way to do it.

You can use the 'CONCATENATE' operation.

if cell a1 = f, and cell b1 = 5

CONCATENATE(a1,b1)

would produce 'f5'.

If you would like to see a list and descriptions of all the standard excel functions, you can go to Insert->Function. In the category box select 'all'. Then you can highlight a function in the list and it will show a description of what it does (I have excel 2003, but there should be something similar in the other versions also).

Jlstout123: There is a note on my excel sheet. x27526 to x27541 in hex where each team is a number. 00 = Little more rushing, 01 = Heavy Rushing, 02 = little more passing, and 03 = Heavy Passing.

Jlstout123: If you remember, CLE's QB has great passing stats on the original no matter how you change his passing numbers and The Raiders and KC get like 100 more rushes than everyone else. That is the reason.

malferds: omg

malferds: so theres no way to change it

malferds: in a rom?

Jlstout123: Changing the numbers where I said

malferds: in hex?

malferds: i cant even find a hex bite....

malferds: so ill have to tell bad al and hopefully he puts in in his TSB tool

Jlstout123: lol, nobody has written a program that has it. Else I'm the only one the knows about it

malferds: huh

Jlstout123: Just meant it is possible that I'm the only one who knows where these numbers

if someone else verifies this or whatever maybe you could place it after the team offense and defense sim numbers after a ,

=0x4f, 01

I could do that.

I'd probably have it specified like this:

TEAM=bills, SimData=0xab3

But this:

TEAM=bills, SimData=0xab

Would still set the team sim offense and defense as usual.

So, in the original we have the following values:

team = bills, off pref = 0

team = colts, off pref = 2

team = dolphins, off pref = 2

team = patriots, off pref = 2

team = jets, off pref = 0

team = bengals, off pref = 0

team = browns, off pref = 3

team = oilers, off pref = 3

team = steelers, off pref = 0

team = broncos, off pref = 0

team = chiefs, off pref = 1

team = raiders, off pref = 1

team = chargers, off pref = 0

team = seahawks, off pref = 0

team = redskins, off pref = 0

team = giants, off pref = 1

team = eagles, off pref = 0

team = cardinals, off pref = 0

team = cowboys, off pref = 0

team = bears, off pref = 0

team = lions, off pref = 2

team = packers, off pref = 3

team = vikings, off pref = 0

team = buccaneers, off pref = 0

team = 49ers, off pref = 2

team = rams, off pref = 2

team = saints, off pref = 0

team = falcons, off pref = 2

These seem to jive with my expectations on how those teams should operate.

I'll put this into the next version of TSBTool.

Hey malfreds.

I'm posting a beta version of TSBTool 1.2 for you to play with (since you have been such a good tester).

The beta version contains the following:

==================================

Defects Fixed:

1. Strong Safety Faces are all wrong.

2. falcons Punter name gets messed up (data shift error at end of name segment).

3. NT - SS Sim data locations incorrect.

4. Team Sim data getting over written by LB sim data.

Features added:

1. TsbSeasonGen add-in to a menu for TSBTool (if it's in the same folder).

2. Team Sim OffensivePreference

==================================

Play around with the Team offense sim thing and let me know your results.

Beta version updated with the 'SET' command. Find it on page 4 of this thread. -- Removed..

I just started messing with your program today. Pretty neat Al.

I noticed the program has the same defect that Emuware has for changing KR/PR. The KR/PR data is stored in two locations: x239D3 to x239EE (Data Reset at the Starter Screen) and x328D3 to x328EE (Season Reset at the Schedule Screen). Currently, it just changes the KR/PR when you reset the season.

If you are looking for any information to add to the program, let me know and I can probably tell you where and how it changes.

Jlstout123: There is a note on my excel sheet. x27526 to x27541 in hex where each team is a number. 00 = Little more rushing, 01 = Heavy Rushing, 02 = little more passing, and 03 = Heavy Passing.

Jlstout123: If you remember, CLE's QB has great passing stats on the original no matter how you change his passing numbers and The Raiders and KC get like 100 more rushes than everyone else. That is the reason.

malferds: omg

malferds: so theres no way to change it

malferds: in a rom?

Jlstout123: Changing the numbers where I said

malferds: in hex?

malferds: i cant even find a hex bite....

malferds: so ill have to tell bad al and hopefully he puts in in his TSB tool

Jlstout123: lol, nobody has written a program that has it. Else I'm the only one the knows about it

malferds: huh

Jlstout123: Just meant it is possible that I'm the only one who knows where these numbers

if someone else verifies this or whatever maybe you could place it after the team offense and defense sim numbers after a ,

=0x4f, 01

The run/pass ratio

This is HUGE

jstout,

Thanks for the bug report on the KR / PR and the info about the offensive preference.

If you find any other defects, please let me know. Also if you have any feature suggestions (with info on implementation) just let me know.

Right now I'm working on an improved scheduler where you could specify how many games are scheduled in a week (it's pretty buggy right now).

I've also made several improvements to TSBSeasonGen and I will release them both when I'm confident TSBTool's new scheduler works well.

Jstout,

I tested the run/pass ratio and it does indeed effect just that.

That info was never shared with the tecmo community if someone else knew.

Do you know if there is a byte that effects probability of injury?

I'm guessing you have a lot of hacking info you've never posted about, would be great if you're willing, and get a chance.

In Excell

is there anyway i can do the opposite of what is the opposite of CONCATENATE?

i need to put a formula in cell A1 that would take only the team name out of another cell linked to the input. (the whole team data line: TEAM = bills SimData=0xab0)

or if i can use an auto replace within a cell that would help me a lot also.

malfreds,

Try the MID function:

lets say cell A1 = 0x45

MID(A1,2,1) would give '4'.

You should have a look at Excel's 'TEXT' functions (Insert->Function: category = TEXT).

All,

In light of the discovery on the offensive Sim tendency, I'm going to include a new feature in TSBTool called 'SET'.

Where 'SET( startLocation, values)' would simply set a variable number of bytes in the Rom starting at 'startLocation'.

Like:

SET( 0x556677, 0xff)

SET( 0x334455, 0xaabbccdd)

The first Set Line above would set the byte at 0x556677 to 0xff, and the second line would set the 4 bytes starting at location 0x334455 to aa bb cc dd.

The values argument can be as long as you want (as long as it will fit in the ROM).

This will allow the scriptig of any hex edit, hopefully making it a little easier for manual edits (bypass the manual hex editor step).

I'm attaching this Beta version here, and removing the other beta I posted earlier.

==> Attachment removed. TSBTool 1.2 is posted on page 1 of the thread.

jstout did show me the exact formula i needed. and i extracted the team names. i got it all set up now

except for the team name changing capabilities.

lets say i load an 05 rom with panthers in it.

i want my excel document to be read by Tool to automatically do all taht for me. i think i know how to do it but im going to have to read it over again to make sure.

right now i just made up a test page. and im going make a million true and false formulas to see if the ingoing numbers and everything comes out the exact same once Tool tm. updates it.

ok i finally finished updating my excel document to play off the new TSB Tool beta. and everything comes out fine.

i did a decently thorough "test" and i know for an absolute fact that everything from position name over to Rec/quickness is 100% correct.

since all my sim attributes are generated from attributes, i couldnt use my before and after comparison... but i will look it over

and i am only shooting for 100,000 formulas. too bad there wasnt a formula to count formulas.. sweet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

ok, every signle attribute or number that is placed into TSB TOOL 1.2 beta came out exactly as entered, unless someting is messed up with the TSB tool veiw data option... im likin it!