Tecmo Super Bowl TPC Tapmeter
View File This is the original 1991 TSB with the added tap meter functionality which shows your tap rating.
Rating is displayed directly below the controlled player's name.
Submitter DFM Submitted 05/04/2020 Category Tecmo Super Bowl - NES
Background: The original game flickers(makes them disappear and reappear) sprites (players). This is due to a hardware limitation of the original NES that only allows 8 sprites per line.
Hack added to this years rom:
1. Completely bypass the part of the game that does the sprite flickering
Why add this hack
1. To make the game more visually easy on the eyes since there will be no more sprite flickering. This will make streams look a bit better as well.
2. There are no negative consequences to adding this hack.
Why is the new version of nestopia needed?
1. Nestopia emulates the orignal NES hardware limitation of 8 spires per line but it has an option to allow for "unlimited sprites." However I originally failed to test
that this option works in netplay. The old version of nestopia disabled unlimited sprites during netplay. If the unlimited sprites is disabled, players will completely disappear instead
of just flickering since the flickering has been removed. The new version of nestopia fixes this problem.
Where do I get the new version of nestopia?
*****DON'T DELETE ANY OF YOUR OLD NESTOPIA FILES. *******
Simply copy and paste this version of nestopia into your folder.
Will downloading the new version of nestopia cause any problems in any of my other leagues?
What do I need to do in Nestopia?
View File Nestopia_Unlimited_Sprites_Netplay
This build of Brudtopia includes the previous anti-cheat measures for online league play as well as the following change.
1. The unlimited sprite option will no longer be set to disabled by Nestopia during netplay.
This will allow leagues to take advantage of ROMs with the no sprite flickering hack added during netplay.
Submitter bruddog Submitted 09/24/2017 Category Emulators
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.