Madison, WI - 03/02/13 - TecmoIX: Marino Royale

holzy11

Not to ruin the light mood with some heavy stuffy, but....

I unfortunatly have to withdraw from this tournament.  Very very very very sad.

My wife is 15 weeks pregnant...and it turns out we are going to lose the baby.

Poor little guy isn't going to make it.

Say a prayer for us and I'll be thinking about you guys.

Well, not the whole world. Garbage Gauthier did get the best of you in last year's best-of-7 "juice-off" in Madison, though it was by the slightest of margins (4 to 3). I believe a rematch is in order in March!

Interesting, how does juice-off work ?

Interesting, how does juice-off work ?

You take two players, pick exactly even rbs and dbs (i.e. hp is even), set the playbooks so first run is r&s pitch up, then have man controlled top db, call pass on D, blow away the blocker, forcing a 1 v 1 tap off. Best of 7, splitting the first 6 between def and offense.

That is a juice off.

Here is page for the live feed.

I'll get this on the front page soon

http://tecmobowl.org/madison.html

Also, I shit you not, a copy of TSB 2013 will be given away to someone watching/commenting on the feed

Twitch.tv has the ability to randomly pick someone.

Not sure at what point this will happen nor if this will happen should the entire feed be borked.

182474_10150276071239944_1723443723_n.jp

I found my archived footage from Tecmo VIII.  I'm going to try to upload more to YouTube tomorrow.  Of everything I found I have:

• An extended version of the YouTube video I currently have up.
  • An interview with Mort and his brother.
  • A quick talk with Tony O's "posse"
  • Josh reading from the book of LT.

Also, I shit you not, a copy of TSB 2013 will be given away to someone watching/commenting on the feed

Twitch.tv has the ability to randomly pick someone.

Not sure at what point this will happen nor if this will happen should the entire feed be borked.

182474_10150276071239944_1723443723_n.jp

It's not Twitch, but a Google Chrome plugin.

Watch the stream starting live on FB, https://www.facebook.com/TecmoSuperBowl/app_327880017247957 , or on T-BORG, http://tecmobowl.org/madison.html , @ 12PM on Saturday. You must be signed in and in chat. Winners will be drawn at random. A keyword will be given out. Once you type the keyword in chat, you are automagically entered.

859624_10150276071239944_1723443723_o.jp859624_10150276071239944_1723443723_o.jp

Another reminder: Group play will progress slowly until the first two guys are eliminated. If you are the first game on Sat, you may not play again for a couple hours. After the first two guys are eliminated, your time between games will shorten and eventually vanish. Please be patient when group play begins, as there is just one system per group. We could have split the group play sessions again and given each group 2 systems, but we decided against that because group play would have taken longer and been more difficult on our already-taxed staff (i.e. two registration periods instead of 1). Thanks in advance for your patience. 

To preemptively talk myself off the ledge after a disastrous showing on Saturday, here are some numbers to put in perspective the difficulty of leaving this tourney in good standing (warning, could be some monkey math here):

25% of the field will go 0-2.

25% of the field will go 1-2.

12.5 to 25% of the field will go 2-2.

Half of the field will leave with a losing record, and only 25 to 37.5% of all entrants will depart with any semblance of a "winning" (above .500) record.

To piggyback on what Bailey said earlier on the thread, if you have friends who will be making the trip with you and haven't signed up yet for the tourney, please encourage them to do so, as the alternate list is getting shorter and shorter every day, and the odds of all alternates playing in the tournament are VERY high. We've never turned away a player on the day of the tournament, and it's looking like this year will be no exception.

To preemptively talk myself off the ledge after a disastrous showing on Saturday, here are some numbers to put in perspective the difficulty of leaving this tourney in good standing (warning, could be some monkey math here):

25% of the field will go 0-2.

25% of the field will go 1-2.

12.5 to 25% of the field will go 2-2.

Half of the field will leave with a losing record, and only 25 to 37.5% of all entrants will depart with any semblance of a "winning" (above .500) record.

So you're saying there's a chance...