TSB 3 All Time Single Teams Rom

jhorns

Hey fellow tsb players, i would like to introduce myself on these forums as this is my first post but have read on these alot. i am a long time tsb fan since its first game was released in tecmo bowl when i was 9, which i got for my birthday. then of course i received the new tecmo super bowl for christmas. and this totally changed everything in football gaming as u all know. i also played tecmo super bowl 2 but never actually owned it. when i was 14 the best football game (imo) was released in tecmo super bowl 3. i saved my lunch money, (which back then i only got a dollar a day) for months to purchase this game on my own since i couldnt get anyone to get it for me. this game has provided such great gaming experience and many many great super bowl games against friends of mine.

Having said all that i do think that tsb3 was the best overall edition of the tecmo football series. it is called the final edition because they really went all out for this game. it was once again ground breaking in that it introduced many elements of pro football that no other game had, such as free agents and trading. however this game was not meant to be much in the way of franchise gaming, but more on how good teams were in that single year. i have seen many roms made for the other tsb games and a few all time teams roms, but i have not found many custom roms for tsb3. i decided to take on this project myself and make the all time single teams rom, where every franchise in the game will have their single best team (based mainly on success within that year) represent them.

This rom is a work in progress and so far i have completed... 1) Every team is decided on and named 2) A custom schedule has been made where every team plays every team in their conference once and 2 non conference games mainly based on past rivalries 3) 9 teams are 100% completed with accurate player ratings based on their level of play within that year. I came up with many formulas that i use based on player stats for that year, which are based largely on

The teams that i am creating for this rom are as follows. the ones that are completed are noted as such, and i will update the completion list as i complete each team. i am working on the teams in the order that they are listed here.

2000 Baltimore Ravens - Completed

2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Completed

2004 Philadelphia Eagles - Completed

2005 Seattle Seahawks - Completed

2006 Indianapolis Colts - Completed

2007 New England Patriots - Completed (i chose this year for n.e. even though they didnt win the super bowl due to their sheer dominance in the regular season and the awesome talent they had on their team that would not be represented in other super bowl winning years)

2008 Arizona Cardnials - Completed

2009 New Orleans Saints - Completed

1964 Cleveland Browns - Completed

1968 New York Jets - Completed

1969 Kansas City Chiefs - Completed

1972 Miami Dolphins - Completed

1976 Oakland Raiders - Completed

1978 Pittsburgh Steelers - Completed

1979 Houston Oilers

1985 Chicago Bears

1986 New York Giants

1988 Cincinnati Bengals

1989 San Francisco 49ers

1990 Buffalo Bills

1991 Detroit Lions

1991 Washington Redskins

1992 Dallas Cowboys

1994 San Diego Chargers

1996 Green Bay Packers

1998 Atlanta Falcons

1998 Denver Broncos

1998 Minnesota Vikings

1999 St Louis Rams

1999 Tennessee Titans

it has been interesting seeing how the ratings have been coming out for the teams that i have made thus far. obviously this will take me some time to complete but i will keep you updated when i complete each team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! I'm excited too about a new TSB3 rom too. I'd argue you dumping CAR over HOU as the Texans haven't had a great year yet and the Panthers actually went to a SB. JAX I agree with. You probably know this but only HOU, JAX, DET, and CLEVELAND :D have never been to a SB. It's your rom so do what you want just keep us updated like you said. :P

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Try using paragraphs next time :D

Sometimes the best real NFL teams don't necessarily carry over to Tecmo... kinda like fantasy football. In Tecmo it's all about the studs. I don't know about the 1979 Oilers other than Earl Campbell, but the early 90's Oilers are Tecmo gold. Warren Moon with tons of quality targets and four receiver sets. Plus a play-making defense with stars. They would also give your ROM some diversity.

Kinda surprised the 1998 Vikings came out on top. Did they have Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Randy Moss? That would be pretty killer.

A 1999 Rams vs 2008 Cardinals matchup would be pretty funny.

Yeah, that 1998 Viking team was the one with Cris Carter and Randy Moss (Rookie of the year), among many others.

Anyway, glad to see more TSB3 love going around. Looks like a good list, although I'd personally rather see an Air Coryell Chargers team than the '94 squad. Can't wait to try this one out. :D

Welcome! I'm excited too about a new TSB3 rom too. I'd argue you dumping CAR over HOU as the Texans haven't had a great year yet and the Panthers actually went to a SB. JAX I agree with. You probably know this but only HOU, JAX, DET, and CLEVELAND :D have never been to a SB. It's your rom so do what you want just keep us updated like you said. :P

i actually dumped the texans as well in favor of the original houston oilers, which were already in the game anyway.

ok guys glad to see some responses. i wish i was done with this rom already lol. sorry for the long post, guess i got carried away just typing and typing. anyway, just to let everyone know the teams that i chose are dependent on which ones i thought had the best year of their franchise. so if they won the super bowl that year or went to it, or maybe their best year was a conference title apperance, or maybe by just their record. all of this was taken into consideration in choosing these teams. and yes i do know that tecmo is all about the studs, so i do think that the 79 oilers will be good due to the great big stud earl campbell. i mean he was fast and his hp might just be 100 lol, dont know yet though. anyway with all that said it should be interesting to see how the season will play out. sorry i havent worked on this in a few days so as of now it is still the same teams that are completed, but due to the amount of responses that i have got on this thread that should inspire me to complete this as soon as i can. i thought of uploading my rom just so people can see what the teams that are completed look like so far but this site doesnt upload an sfc file which is the format that the rom is in. i tried renaming it in a different format but that didnt work. so if anyone could help with this then that would be appreciated.

sfc is super famicon. There really isn't much of a difference other than its japanese, but try to find a smc file instead.

I would try and find a link for you, but I am afraid the work filter

well the thing is if i cant find a way to convert the file then i wont be able to post it on this forum

sfc is super famicon. There really isn't much of a difference other than its japanese, but try to find a smc file instead.

well the thing is if i cant find a way to convert the file then i wont be able to post it on this forum

Sfc is not really a bad thing, just a different filename is all. Go to your favorite Google search and look for an smc file if you want. You won't be able to upload anything here, the uploads section is where you will need to go, and you will need to put it in a zip file.

Sfc is not really a bad thing, just a different filename is all. Go to your favorite Google search and look for an smc file if you want. You won't be able to upload anything here, the uploads section is where you will need to go, and you will need to put it in a zip file.

o ok i see

as of now i am about 1/4 of the way finished with this rom. it is time consuming in order to ensure accurate player ratings. i just finished the 2009 new orleans saints and im about to start on the 1964 cleveland browns.

as of now i am about 1/4 of the way finished with this rom. it is time consuming in order to ensure accurate player ratings. i just finished the 2009 new orleans saints and im about to start on the 1964 cleveland browns.

It should be easy because they're crap. :D

It should be easy because they're crap. :D

who the 64 browns? well they had the awesome jim brown, and paul warfield.

Thought u guys might want to see what some studs on the completed teams look like using my formulas. so here are the attributes from these teams key players.

2000 Baltimore Ravens

RB Jamal Lewis RP-50, MS-56, HP-69, BB-19, AG-31, BC-44, Rec-25

DL Rob Burnett RS-75, RP-63, MS-88, HP-88, BB-31, AG-75, Int-13, QK-81 (he had an awesome year lol)

LB Ray Lewis RS-69, RP-75, MS-88, HP-88, BB-50, AG-69, Int-50, QK-94 (definition of stud)

DB Rod Woodson RS-88, RP-69, MS-88, HP-75, BB-63, AG-69, Int-81, QK-81

2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

RB Mike Alstott RP-69, MS-38, HP-100, BB-63, AG-13, BC-44, Rec-31

DL Warren Sapp RS-75, RP-63, MS-50, HP-88, BB-6, AG-38, Int-19, QK-81

DL Simeon Rice RS-75, RP-69, MS-88, HP-88 BB-31, AG-75, Int-19, QK-81

LB Derrick Brooks RS-69, RP-69, MS-94, HP-75, BB-56, AG-75, Int-44, QK-88

DB Ronde Barber RS-88, RP-63, MS-56, HP-75, BB-81, AG-56, Int-63, QK-63

DB John Lynch RS-69, RP-56, MS-31, HP-88, BB-31, AG-6, Int-44, QK-44

2004 Philadelphia Eagles

QB Donovan McNabb RP-44, MS-19, HP-31, BB-19, AG-31, PS-63, PC-81, PA-75, AR-44, CL-75

RB Brian Westbrook RP-56, MS-56, HP-31, BB-63, AG-81, BC-100, Rec-81

WR Terrell Owens RP-56, MS-56, HP-56, BB-38, AG-31, BC-63, Rec-75

2005 Seattle Seahawks

QB Matt Hasselbeck RP-25, MS-13, HP-31, BB-13, AG-13, PS-50, PC-75, PA-69, AR-56, CL-63

RB Shaun Alexander RP-63, MS-69, HP-81, BB-50, AG-63, BC-56, Rec-19

LB Lofa Tatupu RS-44, RP-50, MS-56, HP-56, BB-38, AG-50, Int-38, QK-56

2006 Indianapolis Colts

QB Peyton Manning RP-25, MS-6, HP-38, BB-6, AG-13, PS-69, PC-94, PA-94, AR-100, CL-100

RB Joseph Addai RP-63, MS-56, HP-50, BB-63, AG-50, BC-88, Rec-38

WR Marvin Harrison RP-56, MS-69, HP-13, BB-100, AG-81, BC-75, Rec-75

WR Reggie Wayne RP-56, MS-69, HP-31, BB-81, AG-56, BC-81, Rec-69

2007 New England Patriots

QB Tom Brady RP-25, MS-6, HP-38, BB-13, AG-13, PS-100, PC-100, PA-100, AR-81, CL-100

WR Randy Moss RP-63, MS-81, HP-44, BB-75, AG-50, BC-88, Rec-81

WR Wes Welker RP-50, MS-56, HP-13, BB-69, AG-63, BC-75, Rec-94

LB Mike Vrabel RS-50, RP-50, MS-38, HP-81, BB-19, AG-31, Int-19, QK-63

DB Asante Samuel RS-81, RP-56, MS-56, HP-25, BB-69, AG-69, Int-81, QK-88

2008 Arizona Cardnials

QB Kurt Warner RP-25, MS-6, HP-44, BB-6, AG-13, PS-63, PC-81, PA-69, AR-69, CL-56

WR Larry Fitzgerald RP-63, MS-56, HP-50, BB-38, AG-38, BC-63, Rec-81

WR Anquan Boldin RP-56, MS-50, HP-44, BB-38, AG-44, BC-56, Rec-100

DB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie RS-38, RP-38, MS-88, HP-19, BB-50, AG-100, Int-50, QK-75

2009 New Orleans Saints

QB Drew Brees RP-25, MS-6, HP-38, BB-6, AG-13, PS-69, PC-81, PA-75, AR-75, CL-81

TE Jeremy Shockey RP-31, MS-25, HP-88, BB-13, AG-19, BC-56, Rec-50

DB Darren Sharper RS-75, RP-50, MS-81, HP-75, BB-44, AG-69, Int-69, QK-81

It should be easy because they're crap. :P

who the 64 browns? well they had the awesome jim brown, and paul warfield.

I'm just bustin balls. They were awesome. Keep up the good work. THUMBS UP! :D

looking forward to this but can i suggest instead of the 04 eagles that maybe due to the signing of asomugha, this years eagles be considered? they are a tecmo dream team now

yea thats true, they havent even started their season yet. i can only go by teams that have completed a season not a future so called "dream team" if they go on to win a super bowl then maybe i would consider putting them in a later edition, but that 04 team was one win from winning it all. donovan mcnabb had his best year that year. putting up joe montana like numbers, however he wasnt as consistent as the great joe montana but that year he was a stud to be reckoned with.

Hey, Jhorns

Can you help me with a few things, like changing the pictures, and calculating stats.

as far as changing pics i do not know how to do this. remember i am only using a tsb3 manager software so all i have to do is change the info for the players and teams. i mean any idiot can do what im doing lol, however the hard part is just knowing what to make each players attributes and for this i have created some good formulas based off the players stats. so is this what u mean by "calculating stats?"

Hey, Jhorns

Can you help me with a few things, like changing the pictures, and calculating stats.

as far as changing pics i do not know how to do this. remember i am only using a tsb3 manager software so all i have to do is change the info for the players and teams. i mean any idiot can do what im doing lol, however the hard part is just knowing what to make each players attributes and for this i have created some good formulas based off the players stats. so is this what u mean by "calculating stats?"

What do you mean change the picture? Are you talking about th player photos? I have that info. Really easy to rearrange once you do it. Just stuck with the picture unless you are dope with a tile editor.

looking forward to this but can i suggest instead of the 04 eagles that maybe due to the signing of asomugha, this years eagles be considered? they are a tecmo dream team now

oh please :D (says the Cowboys fan)