QB Eagles vs. Jerry Rice (The Final Matchup!)

Who Is Greater?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Greater?

• QB Eagles
    • Jerry Rice

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet got 1st vote and had to go with my man randall "qb eagles" cunningham. simply put he always was the first name on offense i thought of everytime someone would ask who is the man on offense. but back in the day my bro would kill me with rice but for me qb eagles was always the man. know if one of my defensive boys would have made it then it'd be a different vote.

Hang on here everyone, this poll really needs to viewed in the context of the kind of tecmo you play. There are alot of tecmo players who use WR's like Rice at RB as well because of his speed. When you factor that in and the fact that Randall never wins championships in league play I like Rice's attributes more then Randalls and would vote for Rice if you could move him around and run with him.

This is basically a match up between the "running back" of the Eagles who fumbles way more than the average RB vs the most versitile, "closest thing to Superman the game has to offer" player in the game. Why is this even debatable?

This is basically a match up between the "running back" of the Eagles who fumbles way more than the average RB vs the most versitile, "closest thing to Superman the game has to offer" player in the game. Why is this even debatable?

One is a completely unique player, the other is a notch better than Drew Hill or Henry Ellard.

One is a completely unique player, the other is a notch better than Drew Hill or Henry Ellard.

My only problem with Randall is that he just coughs the ball up way too much. At least once a game. How many times has he led his team down the field 80 yds just to fumble at the 10 yd line? Rice can score consistantly on one play drives!! Yeah Drew statistically is only a notch worse than Rice but man he sure doesnt play like it

At least we have one person with a brain here.

...and the fact that Randall never wins championships in league play...

Wouldn't that be because he gets picked by the owner with the least talent in most leagues?

Fairfield had him last year in HSTL, and he's really not that bad of a player.

No, if he were actually the best player in the game then that should be enough to compensate for any misgivings in talent. IMO Randal isn't as effective as Montana, Kelly or Moon. Everything you can do with QB Eagles you can do with Testeverde. However, with Rice, if you were to move him around, you have the 2nd fastest RB in the game (Jackson) and the fastest and best WR in the game. If QB Eagles doesn't have a RB or WR he is worthless, however even a shitball QB can win games with Rice at RB or WR.

I guess you are talking about a snake draft league, so it evens out. Does QB Eagles have a great reciever or rb on the stock Eagles team?? Do they have a great defense? No, and no, yet they are considered one of the best teams only because of him.

How can the eagles really be considered one of the best teams in the game? If you stay inside their supposed tier 2 worthy ranking the Bears and the Raiders would hand them their ass 9 out of 10 times!! Hell the Bucs are a better team than the eagles!

No, if he were actually the best player in the game then that should be enough to compensate for any misgivings in talent. IMO Randal isn't as effective as Montana, Kelly or Moon. Everything you can do with QB Eagles you can do with Testeverde. However, with Rice, if you were to move him around, you have the 2nd fastest RB in the game (Jackson) and the fastest and best WR in the game. If QB Eagles doesn't have a RB or WR he is worthless, however even a shitball QB can win games with Rice at RB or WR.

i totally agree with this take except with the reference to Warren Moon as he is an overated flop in this game. To be fair, i would definately take Randall over him. Good take anyhow :lol:

rice easily!!!!! If you don't agree play 20 man to man pro game be NFC 10 of them have qb eagles your starting qb & take rice out . 10 of them MONTANA & rice fuck even Wade Wilson & Rice. you will win more with rice & any good qb. Than QB eagles & even sterlining sharp or rison.QB Eagles should of never got this far.

Exactly...and as far as the Eagles go on the rom...they have a 56 rec WR, a 69 rec TE, a 63 rec RB and a couple 44 ms rb's as well....that's a very good offense, better then I play with usually...top 5 overall even w/a qb like Obrien or Magic. Their defense has a stud DB, 2 stud LB's and 3 great DL's...what more do you want? What version of Tecmo do you play?

Exactly...and as far as the Eagles go on the rom...they have a 56 rec WR, a 69 rec TE, a 63 rec RB and a couple 44 ms rb's as well....that's a very good offense, better then I play with usually...top 5 overall even w/a qb like Obrien or Magic. Their defense has a stud DB, 2 stud LB's and 3 great DL's...what more do you want? What version of Tecmo do you play?

Ok we'll just go by those ratings you gave and put Obrien in. Then I'll counter with the Rams who are still rated a middling team. They have a 50 ms rb and two of the best recievers in the game, and backup 44 ms rbs. I guess they are top 3 in your opinion then. They have a better single defender in Kevin Greene than anyone on the Eagles. Granted the Eagles may be better overall defense but not by enough to make that big of a difference.

Who would you rather put on the Rams - Flipper for Rice or Eagles for Everett?

Who would you rather put on the Oilers - Randall for Moon or Rice for Hill?

All of this is moot anyways, as you Eagles bashers now pop up after he already took out Bo. Shoot look back I've been trying to get rid of QB Eagles for like 3 rounds.

@eddie- Ya but look how much farifield traded to get him...he was left with basically nothing if I recall correctly. Also fairfield isn't a very good defender.

@ sconnie Who is a stud DB on the eagles??? The two corners are decent but not studs. Also they have 38ms rbs not 44. LOL