EDIT: I just re-read your original post and realized that you were trying to get 10 guys over 1,000, not 7. I think I read 7 in another post and assumed that was the target. So I guess I didn't not complete the challenge as stated below. I think if I really tried, I could get to 8, tops. Had fun trying, though...
OK - not sure which ROM you are using, but I used the official TB.org ROM (5 min Qtrs) and did this fairly easily with Brady and the Pats. I was able to get 7 guys over 1,000 receiving yards (Gillislee, White, Hogan, Gronk, Amendola, Mitchell, Cooks) - and had I paid attention, I may have gotten 8. Had the challenge completed by the final game so I started on Lewis and got 1/2 way there. Burkhead also stole a few receptions. I lost one game to Miami because (1) Brady was injured (2) I was playing half-assed defense toward the end.
A few things that helped:
- Brady, of course. I haven't looked at all the QB ratings, but not sure I could have done it without a Brady or Rodgers caliber QB.
- Get to know 1-2 pass plays really well. WR progression, check down options on picked plays, etc.
- Try to get the less talented players out of the way first and save the better players for later in the season when you must start forcing throws and need some CCs/avoid INTs.
- Don't advance punt or kickoff returns. Run back if you can and try to start drives inside your own 10. (*I didn't run backwards with RBs to maximize receiving yards, only did this on special teams... actually, I didn't pick Runs at all).
- Get out of bounds to prevent fumbles and loss of stats. This happened to me a couple of times on long receptions.