TSB 28 team ALT Jersey Code Spreadsheet for TOOL

buck

I whipped this together real quick to demonstrate the mechanics of setting each team's "ALT" and "Regular" Uniforms for the Original NES TSB.

These should also work for the 1st 28 teams (IN ORDER) in cxroms' 32 Team version (I don't know about the last 4 teams . Work on backups to make sure nothing gets funked up.

It is a macro-free spreadsheet (.xls) that requires you to insert 1's and 0's (or blanks will work for 0's)

You enter a '1' in the row if you want the team in the left column to use its ALT uniform against the teams listed. It's like a grid. Work Left to Right, Top to Bottom.

This utilizes BAD_AL's TSBTool "SET" function.

After you've entered the 1's and blanks, copy and paste the data in the grey boxes (it has the SET stuff in it). Paste it into notepad, then copy it from notepad and paste it into TOOL.

EDIT: this spreadsheet contains a couple of functions that require the "Analysis ToolPak" Add-in

Do this in Excel if you haven't enabled the Analysis TookPak:

"To install the Analysis ToolPak add-in, select (Tools > Add-ins), select "Analysis ToolPak" and press OK."

gives step by step:

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EU ... 111411.htm

Peace.

TSB 28 team ALT JERS Spreadsheet for TOOL.zip

Cool, I'm actually working on this feature for TSBTool today also.

In the next version of TSBTool I'll have it so that you can paste directly from Excel into TSBTool and I'll remove the formatting.

I'm also going to add a feature where you can extract hex data (given an address range) into 'SET' commands.

So you would be able to grab data from 1 ROM and apply it to another (or just move it to a different location in the same ROM by changing the starting addresses).

I think the coolest application of this 'extract' feature would be moving Helmet data around to different ROMS or different teams. Although I have to admit that I know nothing about helmet editing, so it may be more tricky than I am thinking.

I actually have the locations for the SNES version and a similar spreadsheet for that version as well if you want it included in your supreme tool...

I'm actually thinking about not supporting Setting colors in the snes version.

But if you can give me all the data regarding uniform editing (so I don't have to spend the time to figure it out), I can probably implement the Colors feature for the Snes ROM.

I whipped this together real quick to demonstrate the mechanics of setting each team's "ALT" and "Regular" Uniforms for the Original NES TSB.

These should also work for the 1st 28 teams (IN ORDER) in cxroms' 32 Team version (I don't know about the last 4 teams . Work on backups to make sure nothing gets funked up.

It is a macro-free spreadsheet (.xls) that requires you to insert 1's and 0's (or blanks will work for 0's)

You enter a '1' in the row if you want the team in the left column to use its ALT uniform against the teams listed. It's like a grid. Work Left to Right, Top to Bottom.

This utilizes BAD_AL's TSBTool "SET" function.

After you've entered the 1's and blanks, copy and paste the data in the grey boxes (it has the SET stuff in it). Paste it into notepad, then copy it from notepad and paste it into TOOL.

Peace.

[attachment=0]TSB 28 team ALT JERS Spreadsheet for TOOL.zip[/attachment]

Buck, this spreadsheet isn't working.

I think the function 'BIN2HEX' isn't included. I didn't see it in the VBA module. Where did you define it?

I think the function 'BIN2HEX' isn't included. I didn't see it in the VBA module. Where did you define it?

It's in an add-in for excel: Analysis ToolPak.

I'm using Excel 2000.

Try this:

"To install the Analysis ToolPak add-in select (Tools > Add-ins), select "Analysis ToolPak" and press OK."

gives step by step:

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EU ... 111411.htm

I should have been more clear...it doesn't set the colors, it just sets which jersey to use...works the same way as the nes version does

I know. I'm just saying that I don't feel like spending any time doing the research to change the colors in the SNES version.

But if someone else did it and posted it in a nice format, I'd support it in the next version.

I'm running into quirkiness with the ALT uniforms in the 32 team ROM.

Like, the 49ers can only wear their ALT uniforms against the NFC west (in game), but the cut scenes are using the primary uniforms.

And when they play someone one of the 1st-27th teams, the in-game uniforms are incorrect, but the cut scenes are correct.

Anyone else seeing this?

Like, the 49ers can only wear their ALT uniforms against the NFC west (in game), but the cut scenes are using the primary uniforms.

And when they play someone one of the 1st-27th teams, the in-game uniforms are incorrect, but the cut scenes are correct.

Anyone else seeing this?

need to find cxrom for this one, I think.

what about the other way around? can the 1st 28 teams use ALT when playing NFC West?

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I have this issue as well. Seems the 32-team rom doesn't seem to like the TSB_TOOL and Uniform Spreadsheet when it comes to the NFC West teams. Hopefully cxrom can point out what's up?

i think it's because the data that decides what jersey colors to use against which teams is bit packed. i didn't add bits for "vs nfc-west teams," so whatever data follows is being used to decide.

though i'm not sure why nfc-w vs #1-28 is having problems. i'll have to look into this when i get a chance.

• 11 months later...