Where are they now? A tecmo directory

oh yeah true dat,

You're right. Props to my man for defending Doug Williams. I'm a Doug backer all the way, but Warren is my true master! 8O

Both of them had the same stygma crap thrown at them of: "You're not a good black QB. You should be an average DB," when they came out of college. Just think of Warren Moon being a DB... Ewwwww....

And Douggie... speaking of which is he still coach at Grambling?

Tim Green (DL Falcons) broadcaster for Fox, lots o book writin' , a lawyer, an NPR commentator, or/and a middle-school wrestling coach.

Richard Dent (DL Bears) Owns RLD Resources- an energy, telecom, one stop shopping place. Owns a skybox at the new Bears stadium too.

Herschel Walker-(RB Various Teams) Runs his own minority business with offices worldwide. Does kids shows and motivational speaking for staying in school and trying to 'get them to love life', as he put it. (Far and away change from the carbon monoxide suicide attempt in the early 90's.)

Lives in Dallas.

leebo!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timm Rosenbach... QB Cardinals... he's at Washington State now as an offensive coordinator or QBs coach or something like that. He also did a stint in the CFL and as a rodeo star thingy...

yeah, timm is now at washington state. last year he was the QB coach/offensive coordinator at my school, because our football coach and him were college teammates, but he wanted to go back to his alma mater.

more from 'where are they now?'

Pat Swilling-NO 'Patrick Swilling' is now in the Lousiana House of Representatives.. Holy crap!

http://house.legis.state.la.us/WebRepre ... asp?ID=100

Steve Grogan-NE Does some commentating for the Patsies. Owns Grogan-marciano sporting goods in mansfield/foxboro, mass.

Ray Childress- HOU Owns and does commericals for car dealerships in the Austin/Houston area.

Bubba McDowwell- HOU/CAR Owned a midnight blue Typhoon truck and cofounded national recruiting service to help high school athletes get college scholarships.

Alonzo Highsmith- HOU/DAL other cofounder of nrs. had a brief boxing career going 27-1-1 & 17KOs. works as a scout now for the packers. wants to earn his PGA card.

John Grimsley- HOU/MIA avid hunter and fisherman, owns World Class Expeditions, a safari-ish company. has appeared a couple of times on outdoors and fishing shows.

Ironhead Heyward-NO had suffered from a rare brain tumor that's been removed. active in charity work and awareness on brain tumors.

leebo

eric allen is a sports analyst on espn.com

i know this is an old post, but eric allen is the worst "analyst" i've ever seen. when he's on tv, he's an idiot, but the absolute worst things are the "Eric Allen's Analysis" snippets in the weekly wrap-up on espn.com. all he does is say some cliche while saying nothing of substance. so take it easy, always give 110%, and remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Looks like the NFL Network will probably have a bevvy of former players on it... too bad i dont have freakin DirectTV... :)

Ken Norton-DAL/SF making his debut tonight on the NFL Network.

Mark Ingram- NYG (not bobby engram) Serving prison time for GTA of LTs car and possession of 3000 in counterfeit money. oops!

Anthony Munoz- CIN Still lives in Cinci with his wife. Runs the AMF (anthony munoz foundation) and does lots of speaking events. Son plays for the Tennessee Vols.

Ernest Givins- HOU does community work.... hmmm he feels slapped in the face by Louiville for not retiring his jersey. heres a link...

http://www.courier-journal.com/cjsports ... -7145.html

Sounds like a cause, but maybe we should all start pelting the Board of Directors Office at Louiville for and help his petition to have his jersey retired?

Leebo

louisville, I don't remember the last time you came to ernest givins for help. I don't remember the last time you invited him to your university for coffee...even though your wives are friends.

louisville, you never think to protect yourself with real friends. you think it's enough to be an american. all right, the police protects you, there are courts of law, so you don't need a friend like ernest givins. but now you come to him and say "ernest givins, give me justice." and you don't ask in respect or friendship, and you don't even think to call him Godfather...

• 2 weeks later...

here are some more:

Dave Krieg-QB Sea- Radio and TV. Lives in Chandler,AZ

Barry Sanders-RB Det- Making the rounds on his new book, has a house in suburban Detroit, charities, works with American State Bank.

(source from ESPN.com)

Bobby Humphrey- RB Den- Is a coach now with the Birmingham SteelDogs of Arena 2

Bobby Herbert QB NO/ATL- does sports talk radio in atlanta..

(on Best Damn Sports Show Period a few weeks back)

Mike Munchak- OG Oilers- OL coach for some team called the Titans or something that plays in Tennessee... (??) :D

Martin Bayless- S SD/KC- Brickhands is now a coach in NFLE

Barry Foster RB PIT- rumors that he became a cop were apparently untrue... became an asst coach in NFLE instead.

Eric Green- TE PIT-Obviously his rap career didnt take off after his 'Super Bowl Shuffle' tune... asst coaching somewhere in NFLE too.

Hugh Green- LB Mia- All I remember about this guy, was he was one of those slow guys that I DIDN'T play on miami's tecmo defense, and everytime he made a tackle in an NFL game, I'd say to myself, "Man that RB must suck if he can't get away from that slow ass..." asst NFLE coach!