buck and rewhawl present: Tecmo Semi-Pro 2011 - teaser

buck

This thread is the initialization of my latest TSB ROM hack - Tecmo Semi-Pro...or TSP. TSP is a collaborative work (with my dear friend rewhawl) nearing its completion (ninety-something percent). It is a very serious ROM - a lot of thought was put into attributes and etc...I will explain it later on, when I have time. But - the player and team names are quite funny and colloquially historically and culturally relevant (or stereotypical). anyways...more on the setup later.

this 1st post will be updated as necessary. feel free to comment or question.

here are some teaser screens....

in the 2nd shot, the game is between the "Vermont Noire" and the "Lagos Highlife"....

3rd shot shows the starting offensive roster for the "Salem Wiccans" (yes, there are two all-girl teams on the rom...I believe a TSB first!) and the 4th shot is the attribute screen of the "Cleveland Steamers" RB Pearl Frunk.

post-3789-13413728782903_thumb.png

post-3789-13413728784786_thumb.png

post-3789-13413728785826_thumb.png

not exactly sure when it will be ready, but it should be done by Jan 18th....it better be.

here's a list of the current TSP teams by division (some team names could change)....explanations of division types will come later.

post-3789-13413728787193_thumb.png

been tinkering a little more with graphics and stuff...I came up with this. I actually got pretty lucky it worked out so good, beginners luck, because I can't get another one even close. but anyways.

After much consideration, It's not going to make the final cut of the Semi Pro ROM, but I just wanted to share the hilariousness.

post-3789-1341372884808_thumb.png

Actually I was more curious about who rehawl is

andy.

Is this the Semi-Pro or the XFL back from the dead?! :D I need a towel and all of a sudden I'm kinda sleepy...

yep, pretty similar to XFL - never thought of that. but there is a defensive back on the Memphis Colossus named "HE SHARECROP".

did you ever see the movie "Semi-Pro" with Will Ferrell?

" No refunds, consider your refund escaping this death trap with your lives! "

Is this the Semi-Pro or the XFL back from the dead?!

yep, pretty similar to XFL - never thought of that. but there is a defensive back on the Memphis Colossus named "HE SHARECROP". did you ever see the movie "Semi-Pro" with Will Ferrell? " No refunds, consider your refund escaping this death trap with your lives! "

I liked that movie and you may be the only other person I know that does too! I love all Will Ferrell films. Watched The Other Guys the other night and liked that too -- everyone else killed it.

I'm eagerly awaiting this rom release! :D

You almost done?! I hope you kept the whores. :roll:

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

only kept the start screen whore. the other whore was replaced with another tecmo semi pro logo thing.

I'm not putting this thing out until the NFL season's over. I don't want to compete with NFL - can't get the ratings.

• 2 weeks later...