(NES) Tecmo Super Bowl 2023: Final Edition

SBlueman

Tecmo Super Bowl 2023: Final Edition

The classic NES sports title, updated for the 2023-24 NFL season! Enjoy this version with the following features:

• Playbooks edited – Plays moved to different slots, edited running plays, removed ‘bad’ plays (no more T formation plays).
  • 41 hacks installed. 40 hacks in the Hardtype version, 26 hacks in the Vanilla version.
  • Defensive players are setup for either 3-4, 4-3 or nickel defenses (RILB is the nickel back)
  • Team uniforms edited so home team plays in primary uniform (NFC West teams & divisional matchups excluded due to limitations)
  • Sim code updated for more accurate team results.
  • Changes to text sprites, palette updates in various locations.

Updated 2/2/24 (Final Edition)

TSB2K23-min.thumb.png.2e9b16dcb2874a4b67d6736bfadeffb4.png

Four Versions Available:

#1 - Base - Hacks Included:

TSB2023BASE-0.png.27ed296599c6839be20074a7063768a0.png

1. Add touchbacks
2. FG length max of 65 yards
3. Punt length max of 65 yards
4. Add 'Hut' Pre-Snap Cadence to 32-Team ROM
5. NFC West Sim Fixes
6. Player 2 Conditions Fix
7. FG avoid kick block fix
8. TE sim fix
9. Change offensive SIM to 'out of 32' sum
10. Prevent schedule from being random
11. Fix Playoff Seeding
12. More NFL like QB rating value
13. TEAM ROSTER instead of 1991 ROSTER after super bowl winner end game
14. Set Pro Bowl Kick/Punt Return
15. Change Touchback To 25-Yard Line
16. 15 Yard XP

17. Set PR ball control to 56, Set QB ball control to 44

#2 – Vanilla – Hacks Included:

TSB2023VANILLA-0.png.6d3f8d2c36a68360e90acca9e679072b.png

18. Changing KR Speed
19. PR speed change from SS to actual PR player
20. Better INT returns
21. Add stats after quarters
22. QB backpedal animation hack
23. Kickoffs From 8 Yard Line To 3 Deep In Endzone
24. Better COM punt timing
25. PA/PC hack - PC is INT and PA is target
26. Punt coverage boost adjustment

#3 – Hardtype – Hacks Included (also includes all the Vanilla version hacks):

TSB2023HARDTYPE-0.png.b175c8b4cbcf58368800562985c3d300.png

27. Ultra Logic Hack
28. More Accurate FG's
29. Decrease Fumbles

30. Randomize In-Game Music
31. Timing of Snap Exchange b/n C & QB
32. Faster Handoffs, Pitches, Snaps & Player Control
33. QB throws ball instead of taking sack and runs less
34. COM Dive Tackling like SNES TSB I 
35. Changing the differential for popcorning/ dl busting through
36. Buck's TSB COM Juice Setter (Week 4 Juice – Max 02 DEF.SPEED)
37. JStout's Find Open Receiver Hack
38. Push/Pull Hack

39. COM goes for FG w/:20 left in half/end of game

#4 – Hardtype + P2 As Road Team (My personal favorite)

TSB2023HARDTYPE-P2HACK-0.png.2cacb4dc649821724514d4cf5f04d38f.png

40. Road team plays as player 2 vs COM

Details:

Base Rom: Updated 32-team ROM

Editors Used: TSBTool 1.3.0.0, TSB Playbook Editor Beta03, General Manager for TSB, Tecmo Super Bowl Manager 2000, Lunar IPS, Translhextion, TSB Play Editor, yy-chr, Tecmo Endzone Editor, Tecmo Hack Setter

Edited by SBlueman

Warning:  Aaron Rodgers - or is ^ that Batman???... - has pummeled your area

He's flying swift Jets, secure

image.png.aef7df56ee1260c1c6df5843b97a8cac.pngimage.png.db1b1de096f1f32ff02e9646fd16d206.png    image.png.8d00c7844e356392e706e108bb2316ec.png    image.png.313c5f20d49295f0ade79061e03b6c99.png

**Of course, we were helped along - Week 1 - by 4 out of 6 onside-kicks recovered... (G Love & Special Sauce)

On 7/29/2023 at 12:15 AM, Bolt said:

image.png.aef7df56ee1260c1c6df5843b97a8cac.png

Week 10, Buf wanted revenge, hahd coah - especially against we 8-0 squad - We gave it to 'em:  won by 1.  (Trailed 0-9, came-back, jack.)

Next week, you don't think MIA be defendin' '72s?  We trailed 14, mid-3rd qtr:

You think Capt. Rodgers care?

image.png.29a0549244827d56f3fd9e7b554e7d32.png  (< post-game, Season stats)

meh - he shake it off,  giphy.gif

Hits WR4  image.png.d151919abfe6464efd0c7f56a226a96c.png  ((< post-game, Season stats))  on a last-second 61-yard Game-Winner

image.png.4d2f85ed8f08e2838b7b03c30aac804b.png

(Thanks for that missed PAT, MIA!!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SBlueman changed the title to (NES) Tecmo Super Bowl 2023
  • Knobbe pinned this topic

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog 

Released Just now

• Added Patriots RB Ty Montgomery; Changed KR to RB Ty Montgomery
  • Changed Jets offense to 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, changed playbook; Removed QB Aaron Rodgers; Added QB Tim Boyle, WR Xavier Gipson; Changed KR and PR to WR Xavier Gipson
  • Changed Browns Playbook
  • Removed Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins; Added RB Melvin Gordon
  • Removed TE Kyle Granderson; Added Colts TE Jelani Woods; Changed PR to WR Isaiah McKenzie
  • Removed WR Noah Brown; Added Texans WB X. Hutchinson
  • Removed Broncos SS Caden Sterns; Added SS Kareem Jackson
  • Changed Chiefs Playbook
  • Removed Commanders WR Dax Milne; Added WR Jamison Crowder; Changed PR to WR Jamison Crowder
  • Changed Giants KR to RB Eric Gray
  • Removed Eagles TE Jack Stoll, NB Avonte Maddox, SS Terrell Edmunds; Added WR Britian Covey, NB Mario Goodrich, SS Justin Evans; Changed KR to WR Quez Watkins; Changed PR to WR Britian Covey
  • Removed Bears WR Velus Jones; Added WR Tyler Scott; Changed KR and PR to WR Tyler Scott
  • Moved Lions TE Sam Laporta to TE1, TE Brock Wright to TE2
  • Changed Packers PR to WR Jayden Reed
  • Removed Panthers WR Laviska Shenault; Added WR Ihmir Marsette; Changed KR and PR to WR Ihmir Marsette
  • Removed Rams QB Stetson Bennett; Added QB Brett Rypien; Changed RB Ronnie Rivers from #30 to #20; Changed PR to RB K. Williams
  • Updated mini-helmets for the Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Giants, Cowboys, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Rams, Cardinals (courtesy of @Knobbe & @GameplayLoop)
  • Updated large helmets for Titans, Rams (courtesy of @Knobbe)

For some reason the latest version will not let me save on my memory card….says you need to request permission. Never had that problem with any of your other ones. Checked the properties and couldn’t figure out anything that could be wrong. Do you think it’s just on my end? Thanks!

I play on a mini game box hdmi that has a memory card. Usually just download to the computer and put the memory card in and move over. Has worked fine on the others I’ve done. I’ve been playing the first version you put out before the season started just wanted the updated version. I did try to download some from others later that night and had the same issue so must be something with my computer now. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2023 at 3:51 AM, neetocheeto said:

Is there a way to make teams 2-3-6? cause 3-4 gets burned hard with new plays and Ai. I understand its very old game or make LBs 1 and 4 cover Receivers and 2 and 3 cover RB instead of blitz and leave 2 players wide open. Thanks for your time and efforts 🙏

I am pretty much at my limit to what I can change in the game with my skillset. If anyone smarter than me can update the defenses then by all means feel free to have at it. I tried to add the 4-3 defense to the game but some hacks won't work with that version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First all thanks man, this rom is awesome, love all the hacks make the game better than ever.  The only thing I notice was missing was the drag the pile hack and the touchback doesn't seem to work on any version. Thanks again man for all your hard work. 

• 3 weeks later...

SBlueman, you are one of the best creators I have seen on this and other websites. I appreciate your work. I just wish someone could make versions like that for TSB3. You take this stuff very seriously and I like that. I have downloaded all your free versions of TSB I could find. The problem I have and this does not apply to you but to creators in general who do TSB hacks and change rosters and the power levels of each player on every roster is that it is subject to manipulation by the creator. They can decide to make certain teams they like better than others based on who they like and don't like, meaning that the results are mostly the same and the bad teams stay bad and the good teams stay good. No trades, no free agents to level out teams. Unfortunately, that kind of gets boring to see the Chiefs or 49ers, or Cowboys or Patriots every year be the best teams. Teams like the Jets, Colts, Browns just as an example stay bad. Not a fan of any of those teams but I do think TSB whether it has accurate rosters or not can be manipulated based solely on favorites or who is the current best teams in the NFL. I prefer changes, building a great team through trades and free agency. The best creators on here basically know who they are and yes S.Blueman. You definitely the best for what you do.

Thanks for the props. I'll be the first to admit though that I am by no means some wiz Tecmo editor. Everything I've learned about editing the game I've found on this site thanks to countless hours of work over the last 20+ years by numerous members who have reverse engineered the game. Honestly, the most difficult skill I bring to the table is being able to copy and paste. If you can fix whatever the issue is with not being able to edit games, you'd be able to adjust games to however you see fit. If you can copy and paste, you can pretty much come up with an edit like mine and others.

Player grades are so subjective, everyone has their own way to come up with them. I try to edit the games using various factors to come up with the player ratings. But you are never going to find an edit that you'll agree with 100% since everyone is going to have a different outlook on who should get what. The 32-team TSB 3 project is the best hope that I know of and @DrunkenGamer has been working on this since 2015. That gives you an idea as to how much work it can be to get these done. 

But if you can find a way to edit games it'll open up a new world of possibilities for you.