New Kick Ass Challenge

powerI

We need a challenge that forces people to play legitimate football. I'm tired of reading about defensive challenges where players run around with Bo Jackson for entire quarters, offensive challenges in which your defense can have more holes than swiss cheese. How's this:

Lead the league in kick returns

Lead the league in passing and rushing

Lead the league in all three defensive categories

Give up less than 50 points on defense during the 16 game regular season

What team could pull such a feat?

yeah it would have to be avg. i don't think it's possible to lead in number of returns and still have the best defense.

i've done this with the eagles, except the 50 points thing. the least amount of points i've allowed in any season is 90-something. i have to work on that.

this is also very do-able with the giants, the 49ers, and the bills. washington has above avg in all offensive cats, the challenge with them would be on defense. detroit could do this if barry stays healthy. it could probably be done with the chiefs, but i refuse to use the chiefs. miami has the passing and defense, but stepping up the running game would be tough. if tony paige is in good or excellent it's easy with his 90-plus HP, otherwise the backs suck. houston only has passing, though you could probably do it if you make a WR your main running back. come to think of it you could do that with miami, too. houston's defense sucks, though. the rams have a good all around offense like the redskins, but i don't remember what their defense is like. this might be possible with fulcher and the bengals, but all of their offense is very questionable.

anyone ever experiment with putting RBs in for WRs, like Bo, Neal, and Barry? are their receptions ratings high enough to utilize their speed on long routes?

• 2 weeks later...

This challenge is obscene. Only give up 50 points, while allowing the CPU to get enough yardage to allow you to lead the league in passing and rushing, since you have to bust every KR out to the 50 if you can, burning clock. If you give up an average of 5 points per BS play (1/2 FGs, 1/2 TDs), then you can only give up 10 BS plays the entire season.

Actually, all this makes it a good challenge...Pittsburgh and Chicago would be the teams to do this with, they have the returning and the defense necessary. The offense can be improvised.

This challenge is possible (and quite easy) on Genesis or Super Nintendo, but I can't believe you could do it on NES, you don't have enough time.

This challenge is really easy if you only have to have the leading rusher, passer and receiver.