Saints Season

Gnar

Now normally I hate the Saints, but I'm tired of getting kicked around with Fitzpatrick and Ponder throwing all these picks. This is a Saints season with Buck's Highspeed rom.

Week 1 @ Packers

GB 2nd drive of the game, screen to Jennings goes all the way to the NO 18, but only leads to a FG.

Ensuing drive, Brees connects on a bomb to Colston to the GB 8, and the next play Thomas goes in to make it 7-3.

Midway through the 2nd, Packers recover a fumble at my 30, couple plays later I recover a fumble inside the 10.

Next play I stupidly take a sack in the endzone, 7-5.

Ensuing drive Crosby hits a FG to take the lead, 8-7.

End of half bomb is knocked down, but I get the ball to start the 2nd half.

I get nothing, and on GB's 1st drive of the half, the Pack score on a huge TD run from Starks, 15-7. Looking like the no 2 point conversion might hurt.

2 minutes into the 4th, Starks breaks off another big TD to make it 22-7.

Trying to make something happen with the feet of Brees on my next drive, but as I'm heading to the sideline Mike Neal takes him out. In comes Chase Daniel with 3 minutes left in the game.

Daniels leads a decent drive, and connects with Colston for a 23 yard strike, 22-14.

My onside kick is picked up by Starks, and for good measure Crosby adds a FG to rub the loss in my face. Final score, 25-14.

Next up- the home opener vs Chicago.

Week 2 vs Bears

After a stop to open up the game, Chase Daniel leads a drive that halts at the Bears 39. Kasay connects on a 57 yard FG to open the scoring, 3-0.

Very next play, Hester is injured by the kicker no less, and I'm thinking the return game is one less thing to worry about.

That drive does nothing, but the next Chicago possession has Cutler connecting to Bennet to put da Bears on the board, 7-3.

Ensuing possession, just as I am starting to take advantage of Daniel's mobility, he throws a pick. Two plays later I get a "user pick" as they say from Harper, and we set up shop at the CHI 38.

Same series, I go for it on 4th and 1, and a screen to Colston results in him sprinting down the sideline for a 29 yard score. Kasay's kick makes it 10-7.

Jump ahead to the second half, and Daniel connects on back-to-back long plays to Colston, but on 3rd and goal, Thomas FUMBLES and the Bears take over. Big opportunity wasted.

Nothing comes out of it except a shift in field position.

Or so I thought. One throw where I think I hit the A button enough but it goes right to a Chicago linebacker, and the Bears are in striking distance.

My stellar D holds them, even when they stupidly go for it on 4th, when they should have taken the points to tie it.

But just 2 plays later Daniel's 4th INT of the game is returned all the way by Brandon Meriweather. Kick makes it 14-10 and I need a TD.

But YET AGAIN Daniel is picked, and I'm thinking I need to be less desperate.

I force a punt, and on 4th and 13 I need to convert with only 1:29 left in the game.

Daniel drops back, finds his man but the pass is batted down at the line!

TO on downs, but I hold them to a FG attempt which misses wide left! I have a shot with decent field position and 41 ticks on the clock.

1st and 10, and Daniel badly underthrows an open man, and Tillman picks it off.

The Bears are able to run out the clock, and the Saints lose their second in a row, 14-10, and fall to 0-2.

I should be alright however, because here's how the standings go:

Carolina 1-1

Tampa Bay 1-1

Atlanta 0-2

New Orleans 0-2

Next up- another home game vs the Texans as I open up play vs the AFC South.

post-11063-13413730409273_thumb.png

Sorry for double posting, but my last post was pretty long as it is, and plus I want the game stat page near to its respective game.

Week 3 vs Houston

Before the game even started, I am welcomed to one of the best sights in Tecmo, the player exiting the hospital. Welcome back Breesy, we missed you.

On the first drive of the game, Brees leads a drive and connects with by far the favorite reciever this year, Marques Colston. 7-0 Nawhlins.

I get a stop on the ensuing drive, and Brees is making a huge difference, and he connects with Sproles on a dumpoff in the flat, and just like that the Saints have a 14-0 lead.

Next drive for the Texans Tracy Porter comes up big with and interception, and I am in business in the red zone as the 1st quarter runs out.

One of my goals this season is to sweep the AFC South, and its looking pretty good right now.

I'm feelin' it at this point, so I go for it on 4th and 30. What I was thinking, I don't know.

Turnover on downs gives Houston the ball at their own 37.

I force a 3 and out, and the punt sails into the endzone, so I start at my 20.

The very next play, Brees finds Jimmy Graham on a 31 yard strike into Texans' territory. The drive fizzles out, and I attempt a 69 yard FG, but it rings off the post.

The Texans finally get something going when Arian Foster burns me (I was even playing the GL formation) for a 35 yard TD. 14-7.

On the last play of the half, Foster fumbles the ball and Greer scoops it up but is tackled a few yards later.

The Texans receive to begin the 3rd, and Rackers kicks a field goal to bring them within 4.

Needing a spark, I try and fail to convert on 4th and 18 in my own red zone. Stupid move, I know.

My D helps me out, and I hold HOU to another Rackers field goal to make it a one point game, 14-13.

Next play from scrimmage, I try a screen to Colston, but Brees throws it THE OTHER WAY, and it goes out of bounds. Ridiculous.

Anywhoo, 2nd down has Brees finding Lance Moore for a 88 yard streak route that puts the ball inside the one.

Thomas pounds the ball in on 1st and G, and the kick makes it a 2 possession game, 21-13.

Yates leads a surprisingly good drive down the field, but aren't able to get 6 and Rackers hits again to make it 21-16.

Onside kick fails, and I start burning clock with 3:45 to go.

I'm able to take 2 minutes off, but Kasay misses a FG, and the Texans have the ball in search of a TD.

4th and 5 from midfield, and Yates burns me, but overthrows his man enough so he has to dive and come to a halt at my 29 yard line.

Again they convert on 4th down, and they enter the red zone at the 13.

Yates connects with Daniels with 14 seconds left, 23-21.

The kick gets full power, and I can't run out of bounds in time with Sproles, and I disappointingly fall to 0-3.

Next week we have the Jaguars.

Any constructive criticism for me? Write-ups too long? If they are I apologize, as I just take things down in TextEdit as they happen.

Any tips on my game? Or maybe you can help my terrible defense that squandered my a win vs the Texans.

post-11063-13413730410418_thumb.png

pretty entertaining reads. looks like your problem is trying to make too much happen too soon (like going for it on 4th and long and forcing it with Daniels.)

by the way, you've just played 3 of the top 10 teams in the game.

Ok, I'll try to slow down the play and play more conservatively. I would be able to do that better if I had better backs, but there aren't any runs to Sproles out of the SG package, without making him RB1. And I did not know that about the top 10 teams, I guess when you think about it they were all in/very close to the playoffs. Will play 1 or possibly 2 games tonight, but I'm not sure. Finals week is next week so we'll see.

Week 4 @ Jacksonville

On the Jags' second possession of the game, Tracy Porter comes up with his 2nd pick of the year and takes it 70+ yards to the house! 7-0 Saints.

After trading punts, I take the team down the field and convert on a key 3rd and 20 to run down the clock. Inside the 5, Colston catches a screen and is injured on the next play. In comes Meachem with :05 seconds left.

Next play, Pierre Thomas takes a stroll into the end zone as the clock expires, and Kasay's extra point takes us into the half, 14-0. I get the kick to start the 3rd, so the Jaguars really need to get on the board.

Unfortunately, on the kick, Sproles fumbles and Jacksonville recovers at the NO 27. Now I need a stop, because as we all saw last week vs the Texans, no 14 point lead is safe.

Two plays later, Gabbert hits up with Mike Thomas for a score, 14-7.

Ensuing drive, Brees looks good until he underthrows his man and is picked off. My D needs a stop and delivers with a 3 and out.

Next drive looks great until a sack forces me to run the ball on 3rd down to get back in FG range. Kasay drills it from 55 to make it 17-7.

Jaguars take the ball and march down the field, only to turn the ball over on downs instead of making it a 7 point game inside the 10.

With only 2:52 remaining, I run down the clock all the way to earn the first win of the season, 17-7.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot of the stats screen, but I'll keep trying to attach them.

With the win I jump to 1-3, but everyone in the division won this week, so I'm still in the basement one game behind everyone else, who sit at 2-2.

Next week we visit the Carolina Panthers and I'll try to contain Cam Newton and their elite receivi- nope, just Cam.

Triple posting-- yeesh. Post here guys. I need some confirmation that people are actually reading this!

Week 5 @ Carolina

As I take on Carolina I get back my best receiver, Marques Colston, so that should help a bit.

First drive of the game and the Panthers get into FG range for Olindo Mare and he connects, 3-0.

On my first drive I am forced to punt from my own 1, and that field position leads to another Mare FG, 6-0.

Caught in no-man's land at the Panther 49, I go for it on 4th down and hit Colston for a very nice TD on his return. PAT makes it 7-6.

Ensuing drive, Deangelo Williams runs wild for a long TD run to take back the lead. 13-7.

Next Panthers possession and WIlliams burns me again on a 60 yard TD run. All of a sudden it's 20-7.

I can't connect on the hail mary as the half ends but I get the ball to begin the half.

First possession of the 3rd and I march down the field fueled by a long catch and run from Colston, and Thomas goes in from 11 yards out. PAT makes it a 6 point game.

As my next drive falls short of the endzone, Kasay lines up for a 56 yard field goal which clanks in off the post to tighten the gap to within a FG, 20-17 Carolina.

The Panthers punt the ball into the endzone as the 3rd quarter ends, and I begin to try and score while using as much time as possible.

I am not able to do so, and must punt on a 3 and out.

1st play from scrimmage they hand it off to Williams who FUMBLES. Recovered by Malcolm Jenkins and he brings it to the 15.

Next play I run along the goal line wasting time instead of going into the endzone, and this plan to run the clock backfires badly as I lose 8 yards and kick a FG to tie the game. Oh well, at least I didn't fumble.

With :54 on the clock the Panthers go for it on 4th and 7 with the ball at their own 44.

Handoff to Williams is stopped a few yards short, I take over at the CAR 48.

I dump it off to Sproles on 3rd down but he gets tackled, and I am unable to call any play before regulation ends.

Carolina wins the OT toss, and wins the game on another long TD run, but this time from Stewart. Saints lose their 4th of the year and drop to 1-4.

Postgame wrapup:

I played pretty well the whole game, but when It got to overtime I simply couldn't stop them from moving the ball, and they eventually broke off a big run. Cam Newton didn't have as much impact as I thought he would, and hardly ever ran the ball. I have to work on closing out games, and if I hadn't tried to waste time instead of just scoring, I would be 2-3. The newly recovered Colston had a huge game with 144 yards receiving and a touchdown, and Williams ran 14 times for 202 yards and 2 TDs.

Next week I have the Buccaneers as I keep going with the tough NFC South schedule.

Week 6 @ Tampa Bay

I receive the opening kickoff and throw 3 quick passes, which are all caught, the third one resulting in a big 43 yard TD catch and run from Jimmy Graham. 7-0 Saints.

Next drive, Josh Freeman leads his team down the field, and he connects with Mike Williams, and its even at 7.

Now I march the Saints down the field, and we score on a 2 yard Thomas TD. 14-7.

This time, I stop 'em, and they have to settle for a field goal, 14-10.

But now, the Bucs stop me, and I have to punt.

A quick 3 and out from TB, and I lead the team 80 yards down the field for a 6 yard Thomas TD run as time expires in the half, 21-10.

We trade stops until 4 minutes left in the 4th, when Freeman hits Winslow over the middle for a 38 yard TD, 21-17.

I recover the onside kick that followed, but am stopped, and the Buccaneers get the ball back with 2:45 to go.

The Bucs go down the field and now I sorta need them to score quickly or not at all.

They oblige to the first, on a Eric Lorig (Blount was hurt) TD, leaving me 3 points down and with 1 minute left.

On two quick streak routes (SG Bubble is a play sent from God), I get down to the 30, and Kasay hits a 47 yarder with 4 seconds to go to send it to OT.

I get the OT kick, but on 4th and 1, I am just out of Kasay FG range, and I go for it. Thomas is tackled in the backfield and the Bucs take over.

Their drive doesn't last long because a few plays in Lorig FUMBLES! Saints ball with 3 and a half to go and the ball sitting at my own 32.

A HUGE run from Thomas gets the ball down to the 20, and I'm in business as long as I don't take a big sack.

A 3 and out forces my to try a 43 yard FG for the win, and Kasay drills it for his second clutch kick of the day.

Saints win their 2nd game, and go to 2-4.

With the win I jump into a 3 way tie for 2nd, 2 games back from Atlanta.

Next week I have the 1-5 Colts, and I better not lose that one.

post-11063-13413730411519_thumb.png

Ok, buck released a new update, so what I usually do is take a freeze state of the menu screen and load it up in the new update. This works fine, so the next games will be on his January 13th update.

Week 7 vs Colts

I get the opening kickoff, and Sproles gets a good return out to my 45. Next play Brees hits Jimmy Graham for a 55 yard TD, 7-0.

Two plays into the Colts' first possession, Addai fumbles the ball at the 7, bounces around till the 5, where Jonathon Vilma picks it up and returns it for a TD. 14-0 2 minutes in.

I stop the Colts on their next drive, and on the punt return, Sproles takes it all the way into IND territory, but he is injured on the play. Just when I was getting the return game going.

Same drive, Colston goes in on a screen, 21-0.

On the next Colts possession, Orlovsky throws to Garçon who catches it in the endzone to make it 21-7.

Next time the Colts get the ball, Addai fumbles again, and Lonndunbar picks it up, and I get the ball back.

Same poss. Colston catches another screen and scores, 28-7.

Orlovsky is picked off at the half, but they'll get the kickoff.

The Colt's possession at the beginning of the 3rd results in another INT, and Porter takes it to the IND 43.

On a crossing route, Colston gets his 3rd TD of the day (MVP), and makes it 35-7.

Orlovsky gets his 3rd INT of the day when Greer picks him off, and this is getting sad.

It gets sadder, because a missed FG on the next Indy drive leads to yet another Colston touchdown, 42-7.

I get the ball back on downs at the IND 15, and just start running the clock with 3 minutes left. I go for it on 4th just to waste time, but fail.

Next play, I get a "user pick" with Roman Harper, and from there I run out the game, and I get an easy win, 42-7. New Orleans is now 3-4.

I have the Rams next week, so I hope to take a game which should be easy, and move to .500

EDIT/P.S.: Marques Colston is 2 receptions behind Jordy Nelson for the league lead, 1 yard behind Nelson for the league lead, and has the most TDs in the NFL, with 8.

post-11063-13413730413654_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm baaaaaack! Finals week has drawn to a close so now I can return to my season.

Week 8 @ Rams

On the very first play from scrimmage, Bradford throws it right to Greer, who returns it to the STL 25. Good start. It gets better. The next play I hit Jimmy Graham in the endzone, 7-0 after :58 Tecmo seconds.

Ensuing Ram drive, Bradford does the exact same thing he did before, only it was a deeper throw. Greer collects his 2nd pick and returns it 15 yards to the NO 16.

That leads to nothing, and with a good return on the punt the Rams are at my 1 within a play. Nothing doing with Jackson, and the 3rd & G effort from the 8 is incomplete. Brown kicks one through to make it 7-3.

Pierre Thomas goes crazy on the next possession, and runs it 4 times for 85 yards, 14-3.

Dear Lord this is getting ridiculous. Bradford overthrows his target AGAIN and Greer picks him off to complete his hat-trick. On the return he fumbles, but we recover at the STL 17. A quick strike to Moore and it's 21-3.

Next kickoff Denarious Thomas has a great return but he fumbles, and I'm there to capitalize. That costly turnover dashes all hope of making it close at the half as Moore snags his 2nd TD of the game, 28-3 as we head into the half. The only bad thing that has happened so far is Sproles was hurt on a late 2nd quarter punt return.

Early in the 3rd, Thomas goes in for a 35-3 Saints lead. This is the complete opposite of what happened in real life between these teams.

Another 3 and out for the Sheep, and another Saints TD, this time on a little dump off to Ivory. 42-3.

Entering the 4th quarter, I put in Chase Daniel, because I'm not taking any chances with Brees in a blowout.

I work off 4 minutes of the clock but don't score because I try to kill some more time on 4th down.

Continuing the theme of the game, the Rams go 3 and almost out, and on 4th down guess what happens. Greer picks off ANOTHER overthrown ball. He's running, and running, breaks a tackle and FUMBLES! The Rams pick it up and run it back all the way into the red zone with under a minute left! But the Rams go for the TD and are stuffed on 4th and goal. My ball with 2 seconds left and Daniel (sorta) takes a knee.

I move to 4-4 and keep my 2nd place spot in the south.

Next week: the not-so fearsome Buccaneers come to the dome.

post-11063-13413730462996_thumb.png