TSB - COM running when should do Hail Mary

TheRaj

Wondering if there is a fix for this, or if a rom already has it. I notice in alot of COM vs COM games (im running a COM league right now) the computer will do a short runs when they could win the game with a long bomb (say they are down by 6 and have 50 yards left with 5 seconds left). Any one know of a fix for this to improve CPU logic when it comes down to the final minute of the game?

I notice in alot of COM vs COM games (im running a COM league right now) the computer will do a short runs when they could win the game with a long bomb (say they are down by 6 and have 50 yards left with 5 seconds left). Any one know of a fix for this to improve CPU logic when it comes down to the final minute of the game?

Dude, seriously.  I always thought it was me.  I've noticed this for quite a while - most recently the other day when testing a few ROMs.  Specifically the "COM find Open WR" ROM.  Used two pass heavy teams, Cle vs. Hou.  End of first half, Hou down 14-10.  About 30 seconds left at the 50.  White, White, Moon, end of half.

Again at the end of the game.  Cle down 31-17 in their own territory.  Mack, Mack, Mack, game over.

It can't be coincidence....

Tested another game and it happened again.  Cin 31 KC 24.  5 seconds left at their own 45.  Okoye run down.  10 yards, first down, game over.

Also, when I first joined this site, I remember watching this.  Another good example.

Last play of the game is at the 5:00 mark.