best rushing attack

powerI

Let's hear some all-time best rushing stats. Right now I am the Bears. Anderson and Bailey spell each other around injuries. Muster pounds the ball inside. I'm averaging over 350 yards rushing a game and spread the ball around to my three backs like a high school rushing wishbone team. Not a single pass attempt. I'm four games into my season and am trying for two 2,000 yard backs and one 1,000 yard FB. Has anyone accomplished this truly impressive feat?

I once had exactly 500 yards rushing with QB Eagles in one game. Didn't throw one pass. Don't remember my stats for the season, but rushing yards were probably around 4000, with passing probably around 1000.

Your goal I have never done. When I have one back that far surpasses the others I usually use R&S left and right, and my namesake for the first three run plays. If I were to try 2000/2000/1000 I'd probably use the Giants - Meggett/Anderson/Carthon. With the Raiders if a RB gets hurt I put in Graddy or Brown because Bell and Smith suck. The Bears are definitely a good team to do this with, also. Can't think of any other team with a good shot at this off the top of my head...

I once had exactly 500 yards rushing with QB Eagles in one game. Didn't throw one pass. Don't remember my stats for the season, but rushing yards were probably around 4000, with passing probably around 1000.

Your goal I have never done. When I have one back that far surpasses the others I usually use R&S left and right, and my namesake for the first three run plays. If I were to try 2000/2000/1000 I'd probably use the Giants - Meggett/Anderson/Carthon. With the Raiders if a RB gets hurt I put in Graddy or Brown because Bell and Smith suck. The Bears are definitely a good team to do this with, also. Can't think of any other team with a good shot at this off the top of my head...

When Allen or Jackson gets injured, I'll put Bell in just to block. On the passing plays I do what you do and put Touchdown Tim Brown in for the 3WR set. I have been known to throw in Graddy on the tailback sweep against the com (because it is too dumb to understand what I'm doing) and pretend it's an end-around.

i just did a rushing season with the rams:

gary and green 1700+ yds each

mcgee 1200+ yds

warner 600+ yds

i tried to get 3 over 1500 and warner over 500 but mcgee was hurt for 5 or 6 games

its a pretty underrated rushing attack

pretty successful overall though

that's excellent for the rams. i never really thought of the rams as having a run-centered offense.

i just wrote this whole long post, but got an error when i tried to submit. now i have to try to remember everything i wrote about. it's not on the thread now, so don't blame me if it shows up later. anyway, here we go again.

i did it with the raiders! i had 2000/2000/1000 after 14 games. the best game was against Seattle, i think week 11, over 580 yards total, with over 540 for Bo. i'm glad i got it done early, because the chiefs shut my running game down in the last game of the season. i threw one int, and fumbled twice - one was run back for a TD and one gave them possession inside the 20, and led to their second TD in a 17-7 loss. Bo and Marcus both got hurt in the first half. it was my only loss of the season, including the playoffs and superbowl.

Final season stats:

Bo Jackson - 181/2321 yds* 12.8 avg 26 TDs

Marcus Allen - 216/2111 yds* 9.7 avg 33 TDs

Steve Smith - 217/1002 yds 4.6 avg 19 TDs

*#1 and #2 in the league

Postseason stats will be posted later.

My basic strategy was to use Smith almost exclusively in the beginning of the season, when the games are easy. I only used Bo on fourth down. Smith got his 1000 yards before I had played half a season.

This should be even easier with the Bears, as Muster has nearly double the HP of Smith, and I believe he is also faster. I can get over 400 yards in one game with Muster. He should break the 1000 mark by game 3or 4. Then all you do is alternate between Bailey and Anderson, saving his oneness for those tough games towards the end of the season.

yeah there's a max for every stat, depending on the position of the player. if you go beyond you have to keep track yourself. someone posted a breakdown of all the maxes somewhere on this board. offhand i know it's 63 for TDs, apparently 4095 for rushing yards, 255 for number of runs, passes, or catches. and i'm not sure of the rest. the only one i ever broke personally was number of rushes, but this is because i always try to keep as balanced a game as possible, otherwise it gets boring. obviously if i can get 5000 total rushing yards spread around 3 players, i can get way beyond that by just using the best RB on the team.

hey, anyone know if avg. yards per carry stays accurate after you get more than 4095 yards and 255 carries? i know it does if you stay under 4095, because when i was over 255 i divided total yards by avg. yards and got the number of runs. i have to try this out now, because it would be easy to count how many times you run, then just muliply it by avg. yards. otherwise keeping track of how many yards you run would just be a pain in the ass.

hey, anyone know if avg. yards per carry stays accurate after you get more than 4095 yards and 255 carries? i know it does if you stay under 4095, because when i was over 255 i divided total yards by avg. yards and got the number of runs. i have to try this out now, because it would be easy to count how many times you run, then just muliply it by avg. yards. otherwise keeping track of how many yards you run would just be a pain in the ass.

nah the yards per carry average just stays the same after you've maxed em all out

• 1 month later...

i was the bears a couple of seasons ago with a couple guys in a league. i got 2000/2000 with anderson/bailey, but nothing with muster since i use him at te for open field domination after the catch, and i played 5 games vs humans. I also pulled 2000rushing, 3000 passing with qb eagles in a league, playing only 2 vs a human