my revised X-factor chart

Hey guys,

Remember a while back when the TPC Xfactor had the RAMS super underrated, and a couple other teams?

Well, I made this "sorta" mathematical chart that would come up with a little more of an accurate way of determining what the Xfactor should be...... not just straight up, guessing like it is now.

Well, since.....they have revised the Xfactor, and it is a little better now. So I didn't post my chart. But I figured, what the hell. So, anyways....here ya go guys.

The rating system is pretty straight forward I think. Except maybe the defense which I did more of a logical guess.......... for example Philly I gave a 1 on DEs(linemen) because of Reggie White, a 1.5 on LBs because of Brown and Joyner, and 1 on DBs because of Allen. Then I multipled the DEs by 20, and I multipled the LBs and DBs by 40.....as they are much more important in the game.

Let me know whatcha think?? :?:

rev_xfactor_chart.jpg

What are the actual X-factors?

Since the midpoint of your overall ratings is 609.5, I guess that makes the 49ers a -1 and the Dolphins a 0.

I can't see the Rams as better than the Dolphins. Even with the advantage the Rams have in the passing game, Marino's passing speed and the Dolphins receiving corp (if you throw in Jensen) makes their offenses close to equal, if a slight edge to the Rams. Offerdahl's speed makes him as good a rusher as Kevin Greene, while the Dolphins have a big edge in the secondary. Neither are the Vikings superior to the Dolphins. Bad QB in Wilson, lesser overall receivers, very slight speed edge in the running game, and a bit of an edge on defense with Browner.

Anyway, overall a nice job. I threw in my 2 cents :?:

By the way Apollo...FreddyBarnett and I are gonna run a Nestopia league.

its not perfect....but I think it puts the math to it and makes it a little more "authentic" in the way the X-factor is figured.

as for Rams verses Miami.....you got about an equal passing game, Marino ain't winning any foot race though :lol: , but a running game thats FAR surperior in the Rams (38ms -vs- 50ms). And defense is pretty close for the most part, but your right about the miami secondary. Still, I've seen some mean shit be done with Greene on the rams! :?:

Overall, that makes Rams a slightly better pick I'm thinking.

As for the Vikings, I would say they have a little more than a "slight" edge in Defense....Doleman, Merriweather, Millard, Browner, and some good drones too. And yes, a mediocre offense. But I've seen some real veterans kickass with Viks!

As for the Nestopia League, count me in! :?: I can't stand the nesticle lag :?: I'm not a great runner anyways, much less counting the lag! :oops: