how to change 5mins to 7mins

dadon243

• 5 years later...

I was looking for this some time ago, I dont know why some of of these links dont work anymore, but here's what JSTOUT found:
For the NES version, just open up the rom in a hex editor and go to x2224B where you'll see 05 85 6B. The 05 is how many minutes for the quarter. So replace that with 06 or 07 and the time will be changed.
I'm putting this in case s1 (like me) needs it again. THX jstout!

And, to change the on-screen clock for NES version:
0x222A5 is the nmi timer reload value. it gets reloaded to #$14 (#20) everytime the "seconds" variable ($41) is decreased (actually when X==#00). the timer is held entirely in the X register but gets preserved on the stack during function calls. it gets decremented every frame sometime between scanlines 8 and 20.
the nes ppu renders ~60fps so change the reload value to #$3C (#60) to get a more realistic clock.
THANKS. to CXROM for that.

and the clock's speed on playcall-screen:
SET( 0x222D6) , 1E default speed
SET( 0x222D6, 0x?? ) lower value for faster, higher value for slower
and THANKS. to XPLOZV for this.

AND : to change HOW much time runs off during this screen, until offensive play is being called

Here is that location: x222D2 Default 0A=ten seconds
THANKS. to BRUDDOG for this one.

Edited by Knobbe
Combined into one mega awesome post

And, to change the on-screen clock for NES version:

0x222A5 is the nmi timer reload value. it gets reloaded to #$14 (#20) everytime the "seconds" variable ($41) is decreased (actually when X==#00). the timer is held entirely in the X register but gets preserved on the stack during function calls. it gets decremented every frame sometime between scanlines 8 and 20.

the nes ppu renders ~60fps so change the reload value to #$3C (#60) to get a more realistic clock.

THANKS. to CXROM for that.

and the clock's speed on playcall-screen:

SET( 0x222D6) , 1E default speed

SET( 0x222D6, 0x?? ) lower value for faster, higher value for slower

and THANKS. to XPLOZV for this.

• 1 month later...