NCAA TSB Demo w/Some New Plays

xplozv

NCAA TSB DEMO

Here is a demo of a NES NCAA rom that I am currently working on. It's based on the Rose Bowl 2 rom. I didn't touch the teams or rosters for this demo. I made many changes and added some hacks of my own. So here goes a breakdown.

Changes and Hack:

Opening screen is now LSU #1

Season & Pro Bowl Modes are disabled (as this is just a demo)

Added COM vs MAN (play from the right side w/player 2 controller)

Better version of end of quarter stats hack

No Gameplay Cutscenes (only opening kickoff & shorter field goal cutscenes remain)

MAN Defender Hack (MAN defender covers less ground & more likely to be blocked or thrown if out of position)

In-game playbook hack (cxrom's magic)

Playbook Breakdown: (only 16 Plays in this demo)

Formations---R&Shoot, Shotgun, Pro T, Oregon Spread, Pistol, & Redgun

R&S Sweep L---Read flow of defense. Keep the ball and run or pitch it to the HB with A button

R&S Sweep R---Read ROLB. Keep the ball and run or pitch it to the HB with A button

R&S Flare C---Read RILB. Pitch it to HB with A button or run normal play

R&S Z Fly---Read FS. Pitch it to HB with A button or run normal play. HB is now a receiving option on this play as well

Redgun Z Slant---Read RCB. Pitch it to HB with A button or run normal play

Redgun Speed R---Read ROLB. Keep the ball and run/pass downfield if there's time or pitch it to the HB with A button

Shotgun Speed L---Read LE. Keep the ball or pitch it to the HB with A button

Shotgun Power R---HB sweep with C & RG pulling as lead blockers

Pro T Triple Option R---Read RILB. Hold A button during handoff to keep ball otherwise FB dives up the middle. (You must practice the timing of the handoff. If you hold A button too long it will pitch to HB immediately after handoff) Read LCB. Keep the ball or pitch it to HB with A button

Pro T Flare C---Read RCB. Pitch it to HB with A button or run normal play. HB is now a receiving option on this play as well

Oregon IZ(Inside Zone) Read---Read LE. Hold A button during handoff to keep the ball and run through his gap or pass to WR downfield if you have time

Oregon Speed L---Read RCB. Pitch it to HB with A button or keep the ball and run

Oregon OZ(Outside Zone) Read---Read NT. Hold A button during handoff to keep the ball and run through his gap

Oregon Speed R---Read LOLB. Pitch it to HB with A button or keep the ball and run

Pistol Speed R---Read LOLB. Pitch it to HB with A button or keep the ball and run

Pistol Shovel L(aka Florida's Shovel Option)---Read ROLB. Pitch it to TE following underneath with A button or keep the ball. Read FS. Pitch it to HB with A button or keep the ball and run

****Some plays have lesser amount time to pitch the ball such as the R&S Sweeps, so practice your timing!!!!

I wanna say thank you to Jstout for his hacking and hard work to make the options possible in TSB and all the incredible amounts of help he has given the TSB community. I also wanna thank cxrom for the many hacks and all the info he posted about the events, cutscenes, gameplay instructions, etc. which made alot of this possible. Thanks to everyone for their ideas many contribution to TSB, especially with all the other great roms out there.

College Demo.zip

Have a current college roster to put in there?

I'd love to make some Nebraska videos for the locals

Not yet, I am working on a roster though. I'm still stuck on a lot of ratings cuz I don't get to see as many of the teams play as I used to. I am also trying to decide whether to use just the numbers or "OSU QB", etc. to speed up the process. If anyone has any suggestions on a teams ratings please let me know. I am building the playbook to be high-scoring with lots of yards so I'm also keeping that in mind when it come to ratings, so that might be lower than most expect.

I am building the playbook to be high-scoring with lots of yards so I'm also keeping that in mind when it come to ratings, so that might be lower than most expect.

This is actually fairly cool because you can think of college players of being lower skilled than the pros which is why the college playbooks work in college

I played this a tiny bit and noticed something. One of the first things that happened was that there was a play where you could tell there was supposed to be a measurement cut scene. What happened is that the play music kept going.

Excuse me but i just wanna ask you some ...voila... can the guys who did those mod can apply college plays on nfl plays ...cause i think college plays are way more good looking and attracive like wildcat,option,shovel and stuff and can you advize myself which play should i have to download to get the best plays on this site...thanks man!! merci mek!!

Were is all the teams please add Kentucky and Cincinnati. But still awesome rom and very fun.

I plan to swap some of the teams out and change the rosters once I complete the entire playbook. This is just a small sample of what's to come later :)

Congratulations for all those new calls ... hope to see more of them with a 100% finished game Keep it up!! can't wait to see more ( wildcat,option play and many others tricky stuffs)

There will alot of different tricky, explosive plays. I am open to consider any ideas as well.

I ll put my trust in your hands i can't hardly wait...good luck for everything i'm sure you ll succeed ..though i won't be of any help sorry i don't understand every plays ,still i enjoyed your demo by its plays so ...if you can add 2 pt conversion and some bad ass cutscenes it would be tight ..... I don't know if you can team up with buck or any one else who got that talent to make things working that sweet however i guess i'm not the olny one who is counting on you !!! Stay strong my man!!!

I love JBI so much and I can't wait to see your take on a college rom.

may I suggest adding possession style OT and a national championship game, no playoffs. can you make the first seed of the nfc and afc face each other? I'm not sure if it's even possible to not have playoffs.

I was also wondering if you going to have 12 games or 16 games? I edited fatcheerleaders rom and made a 12 game schedule, I wanted an authentic style schedule and I've also pondering if it's possible to make 2 crap teams, a really bad team and an incredibly bad team. name them 'fbs team' and fcs team' and these teams would represent the super soft teams on the schedule. example: LSU vs northwestern state in week 2 would be LSU vs fcs team and yesterday LSU played western kentucky, which would be LSU vs fbs team on the rom. LSU won both games easily but beat the fcs team by a wider margin. those two teams would end up playing probably 100+ games each a year between both teams and I don't know if that would screw with the rom, stats, scheduling, etc. the amount of easy wins are necessary because it would allow for a lot more undefeated teams or 1 loss teams much later in the season. most top teams start conference play undefeated. When you have the teams play each other like in rose bowl 2 it's rare to see one team undeated before conference play. on my rom LSU and Alabama are like 5-4 or 6-3 which is lame, I want an undefeated showdown :) cmon visualize it with me, undefeated LSU and Alabama tecmo style...... it sure as hell wouldn't be 9-6 :D:) :) 8O:( I wish I knew how to do more that edit via tools, but I do not, so I rely on awesome people like you. thank you so much xplozv, you keep giving and giving, I love you man.

Ok, after watching alot of football, i found the 28 teams that pass the eyeball test for me. These are the teams and how they are aligned by division in the game:

SEC=Georgia, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas

Big 10=Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Big 12=Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska*, Kansas State

Pac 12=Oregon, Stanford, USC, West VA*, Cincinnatti*

ACC=Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Best of Rest=Boise State, Houston, TCU, Notre Dame, Southern Miss

*just to spread competition around evenly.

Named all the players generically like georgia qb1, etc. I am about 50% done with the ratings. Once I am finished with that, I will be installing more plays.

awesomeness! but for a proper demo you should only let us pick like two teams and play half a game 8) . i was wondering if you would bring back d-fence formations + pick blitz, motion d-fences, safety blitzs, and THE Huddle! just wondering.

I will be getting these back in once is all said and done.

No Gators :( I'd love for them to be the worst team on the game. Why not go with the 32 team rom? I know the 28 is less messy. I'd say drop SoMiss or SC. I'd also say dump CIN for the Buckeyes. My thoughts are that most people would rather play with those teams but hey it's your rom so do what you want. 8)

Why not go with the 32 team rom? I know the 28 is less messy.

I have some hacks in place that won't fit in the 32 team rom where I would like them to. Since college is usually top 25 so thats also the thinking.

My thoughts are that most people would rather play with those teams but hey it's your rom so do what you want. 8)

I'm not fond of the BCS or the other rankings cuz i don't favor any team based on its school name or its coach. However, I do take each team's schedule and overall performance into account. Of the 28 teams i chose, these are the shakiest and may open the door for another team: West VA 7-3:|, Cincy 7-3 :|, & Souther Miss 9-2 :? . I was really high on SoMiss before that bad loss to UAB, a very bad loss. Even with that its going to be hard to overtake 9-2 and they were at least in the top 25 before that loss.

The worst record of any teams in my rom right now is 7-3. So any other team will have some serious work to do to get in or some teams will need at least another bad loss. Here is the rest of teams with records similar or below:

BYU 8-3, RUTGERS 8-3, FLA ST 7-4, IOWA 7-4, AUB 7-4, UTAH 7-4, TEXAS 6-4, OHIO ST 6-5, CAL 6-5, ILLINOIS 6-5, FLORIDA 6-5, MIAMI 6-5, ARIZONA ST 6-5, TEXAS A&M 6-5, NWESTERN 6-5, LOUISVILLE 6-5, UCLA 6-5, MIZZ 6-5.

No Gators :( I'd love for them to be the worst team on the game. I'd say drop SoMiss or SC. I'd also say dump CIN for the Buckeyes.

The only notable games left for any of these teams are: Iowa has Nebraska left. Auburn has Alabama left. Ohio St has Michigan left. Texas has A&M and Baylor left. FLA & FLA St play each other. That's not much to work with even if they do win. Forum Vote! :(

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SEC=Georgia, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas

Big 10=Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Big 12=Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska*, Kansas State

Pac 12=Oregon, Stanford, USC, West VA*, Cincinnatti*

ACC=Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Best of Rest=Boise State, Houston, TCU, Notre Dame, Southern Miss

OK about your eyeball test.

1st Ohio state should be a big 10 team they went perfect 12-0 i would replace them with michigan state

2nd Arkansas shouldnt be there when there is Florida and Texas A&M in the SEC,

3rd Nebraska is big 10 now not big 12,

4th why dont i see Texas when there better then Baylor.

5th Virginia is trash Florida state is best team n the ACC no Miami hurts too.

6th Southenr Miss they didnt win a game this year 0-12 put a big east team like Louisville.

7th houston hasnt been good since Case Keenum left put in Northern Illinois.

8th TCU is a big 12 team

9th West Virginia is big 12 not Pac 12

10th Cincinnatti is a Big East not Pac 12