Rushing power on offense.

Growover

I understand that Rushing power on offense does nothing really but; when I create a player on offense and give them a low RS like 56 or lower with a RP of about 69 or better and they run real fast. Its like you have to set them up like they do the defensive players speed with low RS but high RP and MS. Anyone ever try this?

There is a long topic on this but think of it like this...

RS= starting speed

RP= acceleration

MS= top speed

The main difference is that 50 ms for a defensive player is actually like giving an offensive player 150ms. That's why defensive players can catch up to offensive players

The effect of rp doesn't become really noticeable for offensive players until you drop it down to 31 or so.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I noticed with RP in TSB III is that it seems to effect when a player starts and stops. You could have someone really fast, but if the player has to slow down for any reason, it takes longer for the player to get back up to MAXSP. I guess that is what another poster meant when he said it refers to acceleration. Other than that, I'm not sure what else it does.

I know BB and AGIL have been debated over many times, but those are still a mystery to me.

RP is the accelerator. It is how many Tecmo (millI?)seconds it takes to go from starting speed to top speed. The Agility is what is factored in to the spin move if i'm not mistaken, and may be what causes the dive as well, sinnce one way to tackle a guy who is spinning is to dive. The BB i know plays into balance. It is mostly used on the rain and snow. Set the sliders in the HEx toall 00, and watch as they slip and slide all around:) PA is more of a calc attribute for QB's and Kickers, and not a true rating by itself. Same for Avoid block. they do have dedicated sliders. On TSB 3 i am close to figuring out the location(Amrush has found the entire grouping, but there are some unknowns because you can't really see them visually playng out in the game, like PA and anything that is used solely in calcs.). That is the extent of my knowledge. Later.

• 4 weeks later...

It is often stated that the following is the case:

RS= starting speed

RP= acceleration

MS= top speed

As well, it has been stated that RP represents a player's acceleration to his top speed. I have always thought the same, but despite this, how these attributes interact remains an enigma. If RP is a player's acceleration to his top speed, then why is it that a player with say 69RS/69RP/6MAXSP is still fast the whole way through. In my experimentation, the 6 MAXSP is nowhere to be found. In light of this example, and other experimentations, I am still left bereft of a clean explanation of what RP is and how it functions, esp. in relation to RS and MAXSP.

Thanks....

CheapCatch

I know exactly how these work on nes tab. Not sure if they switched around the rp and rs fortabs3. I could see a 69rs 69rp defender being extremely fast the whole way through but the offensive guy should run like a 25ms player.

Maximum speed isn't really important for defense because a 6ms defender is really equal to an offensive player of 106ms. This allows defenders to catch up to offensive players that get past them.

Also in nes tab 50rs= 6ms. 56rs = 13ms. That means a 69rs player on nes tsb will start running at the equivalent of 25ms. If his max speed is lower than 25 ms he would constantly run at 25ms.

I would refer to my speed spreadsheets to get an idea of how things interact...

I know exactly how these work on nes tab. Not sure if they switched around the rp and rs fortabs3. I could see a 69rs 69rp defender being extremely fast the whole way through but the offensive guy should run like a 25ms player.

Maximum speed isn't really important for defense because a 6ms defender is really equal to an offensive player of 106ms. This allows defenders to catch up to offensive players that get past them.

Also in nes tab 50rs= 6ms. 56rs = 13ms. That means a 69rs player on nes tsb will start running at the equivalent of 25ms. If his max speed is lower than 25 ms he would constantly run at 25ms.

I would refer to my speed spreadsheets to get an idea of how things interact...

Bruddog-

I recalled looking at your work previously, and had some of it handy, as I tried to figure out the RP puzzle. I have only focused on offensive players so far (RBs in particular) regarding RP, as I am trying to pinpoint the art of making TSB III RBs that reflect real-life tendencies/capabilities. As you mention above, I also expected the 69RS/69RP/6MS player to run at a slow speed, but pretty much lost any handle on any preconceived idea I had on the matter, or direction I wanted to go, since this just didn't make sense to me, esp. in light of the compilation of literature on what RP does on this forum.

I'll definitely revisit your speed spreadsheets, and use them as a base, for figuring out how RS/RP/MS work, most likely in tandem, for TSB III offensive players.

• 1 month later...

I read the thread, but honestly RP just makes my head spin. It seems there are too many variables, and I haven't been able to isolate one or another to pinpoint what they do. You may be right that in some cases, such as 63 RP/6MS that the 6MS is overridden by the higher RP and as such doesn't factor. This is tough, though. Basically I am just going to start paying attention to how certain TSB III RBs move and base future players on that premise.

That means krispys comments are wrong....

50rp= 06ms, 56rp= 13ms, etc

RS is simply how fast you accelerate to your ms

Defensive ms is on different scale than offensive MS. A defender with 6ms has a top speed of an offensive player with 106ms.

if the MS stat's speed value is greater than the RP stat's speed value, then the RS stat is used to determine how quickly the player accelerates to max speed.

The trouble I have with this theory is that is leaves the attributes of many players unexplained. If we focus just on running backs then it leaves over 30 players unexplained. The main issue is this: For instance, Marshall Faulk has 63 MS, but 50 RP, and Barry Sanders has 69 MS and 44 RP. If your theory holds true, then why wouldn't the programmers just have given Faulk and Sanders more RP, since under your theory their RP would be 69? Essentially, if your theory were true, that "if the MS stat's speed value is greater than the RP stat's speed value, then the RS stat is used to determine how quickly the player accelerates to max speed" then it would make no sense to give Sanders 44 RP and Faulk 50, if those numbers are just going to be overridden. There are 30 plus other running backs that meet this same problem under the above theory. This leads me to believe that what you state cannot be the case, and there is something more to determining how RP functions.

I am going to look over BD's sheet again, and his theory, to see if BD's NES theory can be adapted to TSB III. BD says he knows exactly how RP works in relation to RS and MS in the NES version, which is backed by a massive amount of somewhat complex data, which helps. It is apparent that RS/RP were switched between TSB and TSB III. The question then is, given that, can Brudog’s theory be applied to TSB III by simply transposing RS/RP? Secondly, what would this look like?

CheapCatch my statements are consistent with the info from TSB with the fact that RP and RS functions were switched in TSB3.

TSB (NES)

RS = initial speed

RP = acceleration

MS = max speed

TSB3 (SNES)

RS = acceleration

RP = initial speed

MS = max speed

and of course you have to note that the "speed value" from the max speed stat is greater than the speed value from the initial speed stat.

my example simply uses the concept to explain that acceleration and max speed will be completely ignored if the initial speed is high enough, and if the max speed is greater than the acceleration comes into play every time the player stops or does a sharp turn.