Tecmo NES rom Mapping Project

Knobbe

>http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/knobbe.org/ccc?key=0AsgBu1QpGRT1dGo3NEF4emY2ZXlyajFWVHFUTkVfcWc&hl=en

I'm attempting to map this out as much as possible.

If you have any input, just throw it in this thread and I'll update when necessary.

The ultimate goal will be to organize by address so we can tell how much as been mapped out.

Feel free to use any of this. The files have the entire game part of TSB with the code and data fully separated. However, it needs a huge amount of formatting, labels, comments, and variables to be entered (even known data isn't necessarily marked yet).

TSB_Code.zip

>http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/knobbe.org/ccc?key=0AsgBu1QpGRT1dGo3NEF4emY2ZXlyajFWVHFUTkVfcWc&hl=en

If you have any input, just throw it in this thread and I'll update when necessary.

The ultimate goal will be to organize by address so we can tell how much as been mapped out.

How do I sign into this?

Well, I figured we should probably start somewhere

Oh I get it. Wow, this is really ambitious. Who's going to have the patience to copy everything from the hacking forum? I know I don't lol.

Feel free to use any of this. The files have the entire game part of TSB with the code and data fully separated. However, it needs a huge amount of formatting, labels, comments, and variables to be entered (even known data isn't necessarily marked yet).

Reference

Each of the banks is x2000 (size) except

1 is x4000, 12A is x1000, 12 is x3000, 17 is x4000, 19 is x2800, 20 is x1800, 21 = x4000, 31 = x4000

• 1 year later...

Major update thanks to Tony's page and me understanding what Jstout sent.

Between 0 and 99FF hex, there are only 3 undocumented chunks and more than likely we actually know what they do.

• 3 years later...

High level rom map

ROM LOC HEX   = actual location in ROM

TYP BANK          = Bank its typically loaded into in RAM (only two banks can be in memory at any one time hence lots of bank swapping occurs)

SWP                   = How the assemble code references the bank

FCE                    = How FCEUX debugger references the bank in the debug display. It references it in 4KB chunks

STOUT               = lets you know which bank stout dissambly refers two

DESCRIPTION    = this is a very high level description. It may not detail everything that goes on in the bank.  

0925634c3f.pngbank_locations_tsb.xls

• 5 years later...
On 3/19/2010 at 2:24 PM, jstout said:

TSB_Code.zip

Is there an updated version of this?