TSB Roster Spreadsheet

Bodom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bo, I can think of two ways. "ceiling" and "floor" could be utilized - or use a lookup table that goes and grabs a whole number.

I've never done either of those things. Could you revise your table to do this and post an example? I know it only makes teams off by a couple of points and the actual simming is probably not affected that much, but if it doesn't take too much time I like to make things perfect.

EDIT: well, ROUND at least gives you the real total. I read up on CEILING/FLOOR and I'm still not sure how you would get the numbers you want using that. LOOKUP seems like it would take even more time.

• 4 weeks later...

here's a (.xls) spreadsheet to help automate team PLAYBOOK input for a 32-team ROM - see bottom of this post...(the "stock" TOOL entry method is a pain in the ass, IMO)

you enter 1-8 (like in TSB TOOL Supreme) for each play slot (run1-run4, pass1-pass4) in the orange and light blue cells.

the spreadsheet generates two relevant columns of data

(they are redundant, but each have their own purposed implementation) -

1. something you can copy directly into TSB TOOL Supreme (along with each team's data)

2. SET commands that (when used properly in TSB TOOL Supreme) will write the playbooks directly to ROM.

*only enter numbers in the 'orange' and 'light blue' cells. it should be self-evident as to wtf is going on.

post-3789-13413728301441_thumb.jpg

+enjoy+

tsb 32 team playbook SETter.zip

• 6 months later...

I have been working more on this spreadsheet recently - had a few additional ideas to make rom editing much easier, including a team uniform page. Also going to look into adding the stuff that buck and Bo posted. Hoping to have a rough draft ready by Sunday.

For those of you who edit roms - would having something like this in a spreadsheet be useful? It copies your uniform choice directly into TSBToolSup so you won't have to toggle back and forth between teams...everything will be on 1 spreadsheet and easy to change.

post-6125-13413728677904_thumb.png

For those of you who edit roms - would having something like this in a spreadsheet be useful? It copies your uniform choice directly into TSBToolSup so you won't have to toggle back and forth between teams...everything will be on 1 spreadsheet and easy to change.

so the little figures' colors get updated as you change the colors? if so, it would be nice to have little pictures of all the team uniform colors on one "page". especially for non-NFL roms.

oh - and maybe you can add this page to your spreadsheet: a COM juice SETter for each category of each level.

TSB COM Juice Setter.xls

by the way - do you have some spreadsheets that generate SIM stats based on player attributes?

so the little figures' colors get updated as you change the colors? if so, it would be nice to have little pictures of all the team uniform colors on one "page". especially for non-NFL roms.

Yeah, I basically drew the player in excel and did a conditional format for each of the cells so as you change the cells in yellow for pants, jersey and skin...the player will also change. I was going to put everything on 1 page, with the teams in order just going down the page...and have the top portion with the TSBTool colors freeze framed. I'll try to finish up the team colors tab tonight and post it up to see what everyone thinks.

The only think people will have to update separately in TSBTool is when to use the alternate jerseys.

by the way - do you have some spreadsheets that generate SIM stats based on player attributes?

Not at the moment, but a good idea. I'll look into creating something like this.