Just Bring It!!! 4 Special Edition Updated

xplozv

Just Bring It!!! 4 Special Edition Updated 03/30/10

The Makings of Just Bring It 4 Defenses

******* Called Plays are back in!!! ***********

******* QB Motion Presnap, too!!! ***********

1) Offensive formation will dictate Defensive formation, but not Defensive coverage. Player will still have that choice.

Coverages:

Cover 0, no deep help & all man to man

Cover 1 Man, one deep & man to man

Cover 1 Zone, one deep & zone

Cover 2 Man, two deep & man to man

Cover 2 Zone, two deep & zone

Cover 3 Man, three deep & man to man

Cover 3 Zone, three deep & zone

Cover 4, four deep & soft underneath coverage

2) Each formation executes these coverages differently, Remember That! LBs & CBs will play deep zone sometimes, too.

3) If you don't pick your opponent's play, your defense will run the coverage listed for that slot.

post-10030-13413725938499_thumb.jpg

4) There will random pre-snap movement as well, including the DL sometimes.

5) QB has 33% chance of Presnap shift. Then, QB has 50/50 chance to chat w/either side of OL whether from shotgun or under center. Formations that do not have a RB lined up directly behind QB, will shift into the shotgun after talk with OL.

6) My own spinoff of Offense & Defense Huddle (thanks to Hurricane & Drunken's idea)

7) All WR priorities have been tweaked as well as QB Dropbacks and Timing.

Newly Added Formations & Plays

1) Singleback ------- TE Screen & Wr Screen Pass(2 variations)

2) True I ------------ Triple Option(6 variations) & HB Screen Pass(2 variations)

3) Wildcat SG ------ WCat Strike, Wildcat Fire, & Wildcat SG(2 variations)

4) Wildcat Jet ------ Wildcat Jet(2 variations)

5) Speed Option ---- Added to the Shotgun C formation(4 variations)

All defenses now available to All teams:

3-4 vs 1/2 of Pro T (8 off plays)

5-2 vs Slot, 2TE, Offset I (8 off plays)

3-3-5 vs Run & Shoot (8 off plays)

Dime vs Shotgun A, B, C, 3-Wing (9 off plays)

4-3 vs 1/2 of Pro T, Pro T B (7 off plays)

4-4 vs Singleback, True I, Wildcat Jet, Wildcat SG (8 off plays)

4-6 vs Onebackset (9 off plays)

4-2-5 vs ShiftOne, Oneback B, Redgun (7 off plays)

Hacks and Changes Made:

Based off of cxrom's 1.05 rom

Jstout's Com Ultra Defensive Logic

"Called Plays" are back for Just Bring It 4

Random Defensive Pre-snap Movement

Various little graphics changes here and there

Defensive Plays listed on screen(thanks Bruddog & Maynard)

Defense & Offense breaks out of huddle

CPU Kickoff distance increased(16yd line to back of endzone)

Preseason Injuries are on

Kickoff position 30yd line

Injury rate hack of 2%

PC/PA Hack

Shorter FGs and Punts

Playbook Hack

Player condition hack(every play)

Coverage hack

Custom Juice(speed of defense increases)

COM QB will not scramble as much

Much thanks goes out to those such as jstout, cxrom, bruddog, maynard, buck and others for the many hacks, ideas, and great efforts to keep TSB alive and well. Also, thanks you guys for all the tools and info:

Thanks to cxrom for 32-team rom and his other great contributions to the tecmo community

Thanks to jstout for the expanded 34 43 rom and com ultra defense logic

TSB Play Maker credit to BAD_AL (use this alot for play graphics and to get play numbers)

TSBTool Supreme by BAD_AL (use this for roster and rating changes and SET commands)

Tecmo Playbook Hackers Guidebook by Bruddog (use this to reference alot of the original plays)

TSC & removing blitz byte by Maynard (you sparked my defense craze)

Nes Play Design Info, QB Play Design, and TSB QB Detail by Jstout (the base of all my play creations off and def; sparked my interest in creating roms)

JBI4 Special NH.zip

JBI4 SP Huddle.zip

post-10030-13413728074333_thumb.jpg

JBI4 Special NH.zip

JBI4 SP Huddle.zip

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the top WR for pro T flare D doesn't run the correct route anymore. He runs a realatively quick slant in. Maybe thats by design but my guess is the same thing happened to you that happened to me. I believe on that play the tope WR has a jump to the middle of a route sequence for a garbage play.

I noticed the top WR for pro T flare D doesn't run the correct route anymore. He runs a realatively quick slant in. Maybe thats by design but my guess is the same thing happened to you that happened to me. I believe on that play the tope WR has a jump to the middle of a route sequence for a garbage play.

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually had that route shorter by design because I couldn't remember how deep the original one was so I just judged by the play graphics. I had it set to about a 15yd post, but the original was about 35yds downfield. I fixed the route and I re-upped the rom.

I'm digging on a lot of things, Xplosv. Good shit all-around. I think that there might be too much Men-In-Motion overall. Between your many audible potentials, in combination with the defensive Men-In-Motion schemes, it all might make for an eye explosion before the play even begins. It might also make it difficult for new persons to TSB to keep track of their own play. Not sure about that one entirely, but it seems logical given the nature of the visual changes.

That all being said, this ROM is a great addition to the world of TSB, homeboy. You should be pumped!

Lastly, and I say this with total appreciation for your work, dude, if I were you, I'd give some of the peeps credit who you've yanked your source material (hacks and whatnot from). I don't see CX_ROM, Jstout, Bad_Al, or anybody else's name listed at all. I don't personally care about that shit, but it only seems right, because I believe most people do--and their creations shouldn't be overlooked. And since not too many people are creating ROMs, we need to set the etiquette standard, you dig? This opinion totally comes from my own instincts, which might very well be irrelevant, but just a thought. 8O

:thumbsupXplosv:

Good work!

Is there any indication that an audible has taken place?

If you're the offensive player, how do you know that your play is going from pass to run or vice-versa?

Anyway to map this to the B or select button?

I'd give some of the peeps credit who you've yanked your source material (hacks and whatnot from). I don't see CX_ROM, Jstout, Bad_Al, or anybody else's name listed at all. I don't personally care about that shit, but it only seems right, because I believe most people do--and their creations shouldn't be overlooked. And since not too many people are creating ROMs, we need to set the etiquette standard, you dig?

I agree, well said. I been so wrapped in my nes & genesis rom, but should never be too busy to say thank you. Thanks, for reminding me of that as I didn't realize I had forgot to. Never mean any disrespect you guys. 8O:):P

My thank you list is in the first post, please correct me if I gave credit to wrong person or skipped someone.

I think this is the most interesting concept/question yet to be added to the whole audible idea. :thumbsupRod:

I've always been of the opinion that it was not possible to create actions that were user-defined in NES TSB once plays had been selected.

Is there any indication that an audible has taken place?

If you're the offensive player, how do you know that your play is going from pass to run or vice-versa?

Formations Audibles on passing plays in which a player is a receiver:

WR or TE

change their route if they move to the opposite side of the formation

RB or HB

change their route if they move out of the backfield and shift out wide(or slot) left or right

For example, In the I-formation sometimes the FB will go in the slot left.

If a TE or WR shift out wide or into the slot on the same side, the route will be the same. That is just a ploy to move the defense to get open presnap or make a running lane for the HB.

Play Select Audibles are totally random from one play to another. 1 of the 8 play variations is an audible tied to only one defensive play. For example, if you call a dive play or run up the middle and Com or Man calls goal line, some of those will mostly audible to a deep pass play if the same formation has one. Some plays have only one option possible to audible to because that formation only has 2 plays in it. I will post a list of each play's audible and what def the audible takes place on.

In the meantime, here are the regular & juiced version w/o the play select audibles as these will be easier to adjust to cause you only have to note how your players shift to know if you audible or not, but defense won't know.

That is a great idea to have it set to a button. That would make audibles even more worthwhile!!!

JBI 3 No Play Select Audibles.zip

JBI 3 No Play Select Audibles Juiced.zip

I found a glitch.

I was using the Steelers. First and goal at the 4 yard line, I chose run number three.

Roethlisberger went back to pass......

Wide open Hines Ward......

Incomplete.......

"Firstdown!!!!!"

1st and goal at the 99 yard line???????

selected a play and got an automatic Touch Down!!!! :P

My entire team does the Lambeau leap into the crowd!!!!!!!!!! 8O

post-253-13413725696029_thumb.png

Hahaha, Elway. Awesome.

Regarding Audibles. My opinion, and what I'll likely wind up using after having spent some time considering its original usage for TSC when I brought up the Audible idea, are two Formation Audibles. One beneficial, one not. Each depending on the variation of Defensive Formation chosen. Balance the Ying and Yang.

so xplosv's new plays and now this audible idea gave me an idea for the Option that might be interesting.

I got the idea from how xplosv is doing his audibles although i am not sure if this idea works the same way as your those...

In the original you pick a play and depending on what the D picks; run 1 or run 2 or pass 1 or pass 2 etc... the offense will automatically run slightly different versions of the same play.

It seems like you can have two very different versions of a play run based on what the D chooses, like a real option play. So one call by the D can run a version of the play where the QB keeps it and another call by the D runs a version of the play where the QB pitches it at the last minute. and maybe include a version where the dive play to the FB is run or a version where QB pitches right away.

So with this in mind I quickly switched the plays up a little with the playbook maker based on xplosv's bring it 2. it is attached below for anyone to check out.

i am sure someone can do it better but here it is. the only plays that i tinkered with are TRIP OPT QB R & L, TRIP OPT FB L & R, TRIP OPT HB L & R, AND QUICK PITCH L & R. for each of those plays depending on what the D calls it will run one of those plays.

i guess the question is, what should be run based on which defense?

against a goalline i would think pitch it right away, against a prevent/dime D the QB could keep it or have a FB dive?

i also was not sure if it should be split evenly, half chance of keeper, half of pitch or what. so i made it so it will run the play as it is in the playbook most of the time.

Just Bring It 2 Final SE C OPTION EXPERIMENT.zip

• 2 months later...

hey, I started a season with DEN, (ran back 4 kickoffs with Royal in the first game.)

anyways---as I was simming to my week 2 game, the game froze and the screen was all fucked up - see attached screenshot. I reset the game and went back to season mode and it appears to be stuck at STL v SEA. If I press "game start", it fucks up the same.

post-3789-13413725890426_thumb.jpg

Just played through a game - noticed the kickoffs were a little easy to return also.

Xplozv - I got a little taste of your presnap player movements with MGK's TSC, you do great work, man! The huddle-break is money!

MGK - the error screen that buck posted is the same I got in the probowl and STL/SEA games in TSC....

Probowl Injuries we understand. Are these two things linked? I just simmed a few seasons of TSC and no bug happened. This whole season bug is news to me. No idea how or why that came up. Xplozv (or Jstout if you pass on by here)... any ideas? Xplozv's did bug up for me too.

I played out a couple of games, XP.

PROS

+ Love the Saints intro cinema player palettes. Great work, dude.

+ Game play feels very tight (cleanest version yet, for sure).

+ Feels like your game play is trying to snag the best of many worlds (very multi-focused).

CONS

- Feels like your game play is trying to snag the best of many worlds (maybe too multi-focused?).

- Elite QBs are tossing 90+% completion percentage.

- I'm glad Bodom enjoys the huddle break, because they feel very distracting to me (as much as I TOTALLY respect their mojo). I might be in the minority, though.

- Lots of blocked FGs/XPs.

- You have the kickoff / full-meter / safety bug.

- I feel like, for a TSB game in how it functions, the injuries might be a little too much.

Great work, dude. As always. 8)

I'm glad Bodom enjoys the huddle break, because they feel very distracting to me (as much as I TOTALLY respect their mojo). I might be in the minority, though.

Distracting...absolutely! I just didn't think something like this was possible and seeing it for the first time is completely awesome!

anyways---as I was simming to my week 2 game, the game froze and the screen was all fucked up - see attached screenshot. I reset the game and went back to season mode and it appears to be stuck at STL v SEA. If I press "game start", it fucks up the same.

I can't seem to find out what is causing this to happen, but I do know it has something to do with SEA only. Because when I make them COM for that season game and fast forward to week 2, whoever SEA plays next, the same thing happens again. So last night I took jstout's rom and one by one as I applied my defenses and all the hacks, I tested the seattle games and they all worked until I added in the rosters then it bugged again. So I restarted fresh again, and this time I put in the rosters first and immediately tested it and everything worked. Then, I put in my defenses & graphic changes and everything worked. I put in every other hack one at a time and it worked until I think I added in either the grapple hack or player conditions and it froze up again. I also noticed that once this happenes, every time you reset the schedule, the games began to scramble out of order. I will be trying to start fresh again.

Just played through a game - noticed the kickoffs were a little easy to return also.
- Lots of blocked FGs/XPs.

I went back to the original special teams I will release those changes as soon as I can get that bug fixed.

- Feels like your game play is trying to snag the best of many worlds (maybe too multi-focused?).

Yeah, I'm still hopelessly trying to make a great all around rom, but I still have to pick something from each mode that has to suffer.

- Elite QBs are tossing 90+% completion percentage.

Trying to make pass defense versus com tougher but it's not realistic play. Adjustments are hopefully coming when I fix that awful bug.

- I'm glad Bodom enjoys the huddle break, because they feel very distracting to me (as much as I TOTALLY respect their mojo). I might be in the minority, though.

I am going to release another version without huddle breaks. I just did that to see if the nes had the space possible to do so and it does even if the rom is not expanded. I am also considering a rom with all the defensive formations in one if I can't get that bug fixed.

I figured out what was causing that bug. I was using too many tiles for my defensive plays. I can only use 2 tiles in each slot. When I put 3 or more the game freezes. I will be re-uploading soon with the bugfix and some other changes.

Oddly enough, yes. When I put the original playcall screen graphics back in, the simulation & season games all work. However, if I put say "cover 0" just on one of the plays, the season will crash at all SEA games, but preseason and everything else works fine. If I put say just "c0 or 0"(not more than 2) everything works just fine. Weird to say the least.