What : Barry Melrose Place Weekend Tecmo , for NHL94 tournament details please visit here : tinyurl.com/barrymelroseplace
When : February 22th, 2019, 7:00 PM(Tecmo), February 23, 2019, 10:00AM(NHL94)
Where : Edge VR Arcade 2642 Packerland Dr, Green Bay, WI 54313
Cost : $20(Tecmo) or $50(both tournaments) via Paypal to [email protected]
If also participating in our February 23rd. NHL94 tournament, it's only $10 to enter Tecmo.
Format : Swiss followed by single elimination bracket.
Prizes: Payouts to top 2 players will be made in a 65/35 for 1st and 2nd place respectively. Payout is directly tied to number of entrants, and total entry fees collected. Approximately 3/4 of entry fees collected are paid out in prize. Assuming 20 players collecting $400, $300 would be paid out $195 for first place, $105 for 2nd place. All entrants will be automatically entered to win a Gamerztek 8 Bit HD system.
Register: send $20 via friends and family paypal.me/trojan1979, if also wanting to register for NHL94 please fill out our registration form https://tinyurl.com/2018NHL94. You are considered signed up once paid.
1. Team Selection Winner of coin toss is player 1 and chooses tier. Loser of coin toss chooses team from tier player 1 selected or a lower tier. Winner of coin toss chooses team second from tier originally chosen or lower tier.
2. We will not keep track of teams used during group play. Choose the team that best suits you in group play under the tier list guidelines.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes. You are allowed to change your selected team's playbook before each game. Checking the change / substitution screen is allowed during gameplay. Once per quarter for each player is the recommendation.
4. Only a running back may receive a hand off, unless a reverse play is called. It is permissible
5. No ties. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
6. Defensive Lineman Lurching / Nose Tackle Dive / Any D-Lineman Dive is ILLEGAL. You must engage a lineman or go around the tackle box before engaging a player with a D-Lineman. This rule does not apply on Shotgun/Red Gun Z formations. This rule also does not apply on field goals or extra points.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Tournament Disputes: Trojan1979 is the sole tournament referee for dispute resolution unless stated otherwise the day of the tournament.
9. Competitors are allowed to bring their own controller, but it has to be an official Nintendo rectangle controller, official Nintendo dogbone controller, or a Hyperkin, Cirka, Gamerztek, or Old Skool 3rd party controller. We reserve the right to inspect and deny use of any controller for any reason.
10. All systems are either original NES consoles, or top loading clone consoles by Gamerztek, all hooked up via composite connection on CRT screens.
MARQUEE MATCHUP STREAM - https://www.twitch.tv/tgfnretro
This professional live coverage will be voiced and broadcasted by Troy GBLAN, organizer and voice of the GBLAN Online Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament. Troy will be showcasing the best players this tournament has to offer from opening kickoff until the champion is crowned! I encourage everyone to check out tgfnretro on Twitch and follow as they cover Tecmo events all over the country.
THE PLAYER’S STREAM: - https://www.youtube.com/theretrosportsgamer
Have you ever wanted to be a commentator at a Tecmo Tournament? Maybe you just want to cut a wrestling promo Tecmo style? This is your opportunity! This stream will be run by The Retro Sports Gamer teams. The goal of this stream is to capture the natural essence of the tournament and get as many unique players on stream as possible. Want to play on stream? Just ask! We will do our best to broadcast your game next.
Players that register and can't make the tournament with at least one week notice will be fully refunded.