Questions, Questions, Questions....Please Help!

ohcanada

Playing Tecmo Super Bowl - NES and working with the CFL rom.

Please help me with some easy (I think) questions.....

1) In a 1-RB, 4-WR formation, are the teams four wide receivers on the field or do they use 3 wide receivers and 1 tight end?

2) Why on kickoff returns does my return man go back five yards before starting his return down field??

3) Does position on the defensive line have any impact in regards to quarterback sacks?? Perhaps the RE should be your sack leader??

4) How to get intercepted passes returned for some yardage??

5) Breakdown of the player positional ratings and suggested ranges....anything on the forums?? I think I've got this figured out anyway....but any input is great!

6) Using the editor it has enough spaces for extra players. Can I have six wide receivers on the roster?? Three quarterbacks?? Will the system (game) crash??

I'm using editors to hopefully create accurate player ratings. I've learned and updated the MS ratings for the right tackle and strong safety to improve kick/punt return yardage.

I'm not a graphics guy (too bad) but can do accurate rosters and ratings (I think) and perhaps someone else can step in and fix some of the graphic issues.

I used JG Games End Zone editor to at least place a red end zone field with C F L written in white letters!!

Thanks for your comments and help

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

1) 4-WR: RB2 and TE are slot receivers except in the shotguns where they may vary

2) not sure what you mean...never noticed anything odd there

3) probably depends more on the offensive lineman they are up against

4) don't know what causes it, but defensive players often don't play to their stats when they get a fumble or int

5) there's been some very detailed guides on this, i know this older site has one: http://www.famssu.com/tecmo/

6) can't have three quarterbacks, but you can set a team up to be like the Oilers for wide receivers

2) Why on kickoff returns does my return man go back five yards before starting his return down field??k

these two threads have information about this problem. i just found the second thread today and haven't read too much of it. so, check out these two threads.

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4308

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10746&p=84513&hilit=kr+glitch#p84513

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input. I've been reading and playing around on my own to try and figure some things out.

I'm using several editors to change return men (kickoff/punt) for my CFL NES rom. However, the changes are registered, but the players are not being used.

It appears to default to WR1 for returns.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Rick