Baseball Stars 1 & 2 Editors

BRINKY274

Here's the first version of a Baseball Stars 1 and 2 Editors I've been working on.

I've always loved Baseball Stars, and the ability to open the game up and make it my own would have been amazing back in 1990.
With the current wonders of playing ROMs on a PC and the tools to edit Hex, we can get that ability. This program will allow you to:

Edit Default Team Names and Initials

Edit Default Batters and Pitchers

Edit Teams Uniforms

Note:

1. Place BSTARS.NES file at C:\

2. Ensure you've installed .NET Framework 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

3. Will save changes to c:\bstars-edit.nes

Any feedback on problems, errors, etc would be greatly appreciated.
With some testing, I'm determined to make this a decent editor.

Follow the same procedures to edit Baseball Stars 2.

BSTARS1 Release 0.1.zip

BSTARS2 Release 0.1 Editor.zip

• 4 weeks later...

When I change the player's position # in the editor, the original position of the previous rom still shows. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something I'm doing wrong? Otherwise, this is fantastic. Please keep it going on this! :D

When I change the player's position # in the editor, the original position of the previous rom still shows. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something I'm doing wrong? Otherwise, this is fantastic. Please keep it going on this! :D

Nevermind, I discovered that the rom I was using to edit had the simulation disabled (someone's playoff race 2005 edit).

Anyone know of a baseball stars rom that can be used to edit that has the Lovely Ladies edited as men but also has not disabled simulation?

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to make this Vista compatible?

Vista has tight security that won’t allow a program to write anything directly into the C:\ drive. After editing the ROM, when you click save, the Editor pops up a message basically saying it can’t be saved. The problem is Vista is blocking the Editor from writing C:\bstars-edit.nes.

It would work fine if the Editor would write the edited ROM to another location. C:\Users\Public\Documents\bstars-edit.nes, for instance. Can this change be made? That would be spectacular.

EDIT:

I found a way around it. So nevermind. As if anyone was here to fix it anyway. ha!

• 1 year later...
Guest earlywime

What kind of baseball bats do most international baseball leagues use? I am curious to know what kind of baseball bats most international baseball leagues use. I know here in the United States that for the major league level, they use wooden bats and for the college level they can use aluminum. I'm trying to figure out what they use at the highest level possible for most international baseball leagues such as Japan, South America, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

These spammers are getting better and better. I probably get a post every 1-2 weeks from India that sort of seems off topic but otherwise has something wrong with it. This is a reply to a year old topic that is completely off base so it seems fishy.

What kind of baseball bats do most international baseball leagues use? I am curious to know what kind of baseball bats most international baseball leagues use. I know here in the United States that for the major league level, they use wooden bats and for the college level they can use aluminum. I'm trying to figure out what they use at the highest level possible for most international baseball leagues such as Japan, South America, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

dude can't wait to try this out...spent many a weekend with my buddies simming seasons to play play offs. Had a Pwoer heiiter name DUhhh! hit 102 hr's in one season. will definately mess with this. There was a softball game that was pretty awesome as well. came out for the snes i think...not sure....it wasn't Sammy Sosa for PS1...his tag line"It's Soooo Rrreaalll 8) " is one of the cheesiest ads ever.

• 11 months later...

So how DO you save any changes you make on Vista? I would like to create a ML themed rom like maybe a NL Central vs. AL East Rom but Vista will simply not let me save any changes to Baseball Stars 1 or 2 edits. I could edit it with my hex editor but that takes much longer and I'd like to avoid that route.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i also cant edit using windows 7. Access denied and some other errors.

I tried to install the dotnet fix and said something like it can not install the 64 bit program.

any help?

Try right-clicking the executable, and select "run as administrator". If you have everything else set up properly, you should be able to save your changes in the editor.

• 11 months later...

ok so maybe the maker of this tool can help

with TSB and tsbTOOL you have a load data function  basically going from csv / txt file and importing to rom that way

i see you can export into a txt file here, ....is there a way to reverse it.

Say i have it all in a text file like it should be, or all in a csv file can we import into the rom that way?

Bumping this as we are planning on starting a Baseball Stars League and this would BE A HUGE HELP as the teams are done ON EXCEL 

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Knobbe pinned this topic