New Java TSB editor for Windows, Linux, Mac

cpovirk

Help! I will start by saying I'm not a computer person and this is probably a simple problem you can fix. That being said, I can't find this General Manager program. Yes, I went to the first post in this thread. Yes, I clicked on the link and went to the page to download it. Yes, I have the right Java on my laptop. When I unzip the downloaded file, there is everything but the program itself. I don't see the "application" file of the General Manager program.

Here's the page I went to...

http://twofoos.org/content/gmtsb/

Thanks for any help!

• 3 weeks later...
I tried using the TSB GM, but it won't save any of my data. I get an error that says:

"Error saving league:java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\[rom loaction path]\TSB.nes (Access is denied)."

Anyone know the source of the problem and/or how to fix it? Thanks!

Hmm, I haven't heard of this. If you right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and choose Properties, is "Read-only" checked in the attributes section at the bottom? If it is, uncheck it and press OK, then try to save again.
I've been following these exact steps and still get the same error message. Is there something else that needs to be done?

I'm really just trying to make some minor adjustments to the original game (mostly player trades and a few ratings changes, but that's it). It doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to make those changes but that error is of course preventing everything. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Help! I will start by saying I'm not a computer person and this is probably a simple problem you can fix. That being said, I can't find this General Manager program. Yes, I went to the first post in this thread. Yes, I clicked on the link and went to the page to download it. Yes, I have the right Java on my laptop. When I unzip the downloaded file, there is everything but the program itself. I don't see the "application" file of the General Manager program.

Thanks for any help!

I'm in the same situation. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I can't find what to click to actually open the program. I saw you said it's the .jar file...but I'm not even seeing that. When I open the folder it gives me several other folders (com, faces, GM, etc.) and then a bunch of Images. Have I done something stupid, or am I overlooking something simple? Thanks.

Thanks for any help!

I'm in the same situation. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I can't find what to click to actually open the program. I saw you said it's the .jar file...but I'm not even seeing that. When I open the folder it gives me several other folders (com, faces, GM, etc.) and then a bunch of Images. Have I done something stupid, or am I overlooking something simple? Thanks.

It sounds like either you need to install Java or you have another program associated with .jar files. If you right-click on the file that you downloaded, is there any option to run as a Java program? It sounds like the default for you is to decompress/unarchive/view the contents of the file, rather than execute them.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic stuff. Here's hoping for 32-team compatibility.

My only issue is there's no scroll bar on the league window, which means I can't access the NFC teams. There's simply no way to scroll down. Screenshot attached to show what I mean. I can still edit players using the "Team" and "Players By Position" windows, which are smaller, but I can't edit uniforms or other team features.

003jj.jpg

• 1 month later...
Fantastic stuff. Here's hoping for 32-team compatibility.

My only issue is there's no scroll bar on the league window, which means I can't access the NFC teams. There's simply no way to scroll down. Screenshot attached to show what I mean. I can still edit players using the "Team" and "Players By Position" windows, which are smaller, but I can't edit uniforms or other team features.

003jj.jpg

Click on the green button in the upper left corner of the second window.

Also, I keep getting the problem when I try to open the NCAA 2009 rom of "Error loading league:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 30, Size: 28".

Any suggestions?

Probably a dumb question: can you still hex edit with this program?
The program itself doesn't provide a hex editor, so if you want to do anything it can't do, you'll need to keep a separate hex editor around. GMTSB shouldn't interfere with any hex editing you do, though.

• 1 month later...

Currently you would have to either have windows emulation or find someone who wants to recompile some java.

Thus, sorry.

This application will only edit a 28 team rom

That's unfortunate. Is there any editor for the MAC that will work for 32?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
has this been ported to use on 32-rom?
No, sorry. I intend to get around to it someday, and I've been slowly shedding some of my other non-job responsibilities to free up time, but I wouldn't count on anything in the next year.

Very cool. Good to know you're still around!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

you dont. but if youre wondering how to edit NFC teams, all you have to do is make the 'Other Teams' on the right hand side visible, then drag a few from each division over then put them back in whichever order you want