Questions wanted for a Tecmo Interview

Knobbe

I'm planning on contacting Tecmo for an interview.

Please let me know what questions you want answered.

Questions so far

- Why now with the return of Tecmo Bowl vs. the last several years since the last release of a new Tecmo Bowl game

- Franchise mode

- The exclusive NFLPA licensing agreement runs out at the end of 2009. Can you shed any light on the internal discussion of Tecmo Bowl pursuing NFL team and player licensing?

Considering that Tecmo is releasing a Tecmo Bowl for the first time in 10 years, I was thinking that game play related questions might be more pertinent, especially since we are the experts here.

The question of timing is quite legitimate though.

First I would like to know why now.

Tecmo Bowl could have been down on the GBA. Or in the first years of the DS. Also when the EA-NFL agreement end. Will the try and fight for a NFLPA licsense.

Dickerson didn't even make it as RB Colts because he was on the inactive list to start the 1990 season and once again to start the 1991 season.

Can you be more specific about franchise mode?

will their be a franchise mode. why wasnt eric dickerson in nes tsb. will they try to get a nflpa agreement.

BTW, on the NLFPA-EA sports agreement

Both agreements are exclusive for action simulation, arcade-style and manager games on the PC, handheld game devices and consoles -- including console online features. The agreements do not include exclusive rights to other types of games or games accessible from the Internet or wireless devices, including cellular phones.

They could have licensed Tecmo Bowl for the cellphone....pretty telling IMO.

Will there be injuries? Is the health system where players are rated from bad to excellent condition still in the game? Are the ball physics still in the game when a player fumbles the ball and it bounces around a lot or does the first person who touches it recover all the time. Also you guys should put into the game when a player fumbles the ball and another player recovers it they should occasionally fumble it to. Are the cinemas still in the game when you win your division and such. Can you still choose to play with all the teams if you wanted in season mode?

I've read that single-player mode is preseason, season, and the All-Star Bowl. Can more than one team be used in season mode? What type of stats are kept in season mode? Will the season mode resemble the NFL season format?

Multiplayer features: what are they?

Did you model this game off a certain Tecmobowl version? Is so, why?

Are you aware of the online following for the original game? Have you looked to this community for insight for future games?

What roadblocks did you encounter in regards to making a new game over the years?

How do you feel the new game relates to the old Tecmo Super Bowl? What is similar / different?

Do you feel this game is more offensive or defensive oriented? Do you think passing will become too overpowered due to the ability to select any receiver with a button push and no longer having to cycle through receivers?

A large complaint of many Tecmo Super Bowl players is the "jumping catch" and "coverage catch" (in which a receiver catches the ball through 1 or multiple defenders). Do you foresee an option in the future which allows one or both catching styles to be enabled or disabled by the user?

Just a few questions... let me know if you want more.

Is there a chance that somehow - by pure chance of course - that if one edited the team names and player names to match the NFL, that the players ratings would mirror those of the NFL players?

i.e. are the ratings correct and you just have to change the team/player names

Here some DS questions.

How much of the hardware are you using.

The Mic for Voice Chat. Maybe even to activate some plays. Just a idea.The Ds has a headset used for games like Metriod HUnters and Pokemon.

Online will the FC system be in placed. Most companies have gone and created there on online system to be used. Example EA's online games for Wii. No friend codes.

A play editor. Not Play Book. The ability to make your own plays?

Lots of good broad questions that I don't need to repeat. some of the broader questions may answer my specific ones below.

Why have you chosen to keep the same playbook? Will there be a possibillity of creating new plays in some future version?

Why have you chosen to have only the 3-4 defense?

Do the player attributes basically function in the same way as they have in past versions.

Will there be 4-3, nickel, dime and goaline formations for defense?

How deep is the Franchise mode?

How many save files will this game have? For example, can I do a separate franchise with Pittsburgh on one save file and a different team on another save file?

Rod, when do you think you might be able to do this intereview?

I'm going to try and call in Monday or Tuesday.

Else, I'm going to start sending e-mails until someone talks to me.

It helps that I actually have a name to ask for.

Will there be 4-3, nickel, dime and goaline formations for defense?

How deep is the Franchise mode?

How many save files will this game have? For example, can I do a separate franchise with Pittsburgh on one save file and a different team on another save file?

Rod, when do you think you might be able to do this intereview?