Editing TSB II

El Rey

• 4 months later...

El Rey-

It's actually false, when the FAQs pages says that Tecmo Super Bowl II (Sega) doesn't work on the Tecmo Super Bowl Manager 2000. I knew it was wrong when I saw last year, because I edit on Tecmo Super Bowl II all of the time.

Basically, you have to change the header, but you can't do manually. Because, I stopped using for awhile forgot how I did it...since you can actually edit pretty easily. First, you must find a rom header (or converter) for the Sega Genesis, one that converts .smd to .bin or .bin to (converted) .bin - since you might have put the bin on manually or it might be from downloaded file (a version of Tecmo Bowl II that doesn't work with the TSBM 2000).

Rom Converter

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/segauti ... rter.html/

You can use another one, just make sure that it converts .smd to .bin or .bin to .bin (converted).

Pass it on to others.

• 8 months later...

Guys...

I've found another version of TSB II (Sega Genesis) you can edit on. I found a very older (rom) version of it on doperoms.com

And it works perfectly, without changing the headers, all you have to do is import the data (3) as usual, change whatever you want to and save the .tsb file (for future reference).

Make sure you download this version: Tecmo Super Bowl II SE (J) [!].zip (none of the others will work).

• 3 weeks later...

the problem with editing tecmo super bowl 2 is that once u edit it effects the entire game with its 3 year mode system. like if u create someone in the 94 season all the same players fromt hat year will reflect on the 92,93 season. my advice its not worth editing to screw up the entire game's rosters.

I noticed that last night. So lately I have been using the hex editor to make changes to the Genesis Version and the SNES Version. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Does anyone know where to find the slim data for each team? I have found where to change the abilities, player name and number, and slim data for QBs.

I noticed that last night. So lately I have been using the hex editor to make changes to the Genesis Version and the SNES Version. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Does anyone know where to find the slim data for each team? I have found where to change the abilities, player name and number, and slim data for QBs.

Yeah man, do what it takes. I wish you luck! I don't think I've seen a updated TSB II yet.

• 5 years later...

could someone post this ROM "Tecmo Super Bowl II SE (J) [!].zip, please.  I would like to see the rosters/ratings and hopefully open it up in TSBm2000 or some editor.

or - has anyone extracted the rosters/ratings for Tecmo Super Bowl II ?  if so, please post.

Edited by buck

thanks alot. I guess I am confused on how to edit/view this game.  I can open it (*.smc) in TSBm2000 but shit is all retarded (Dr. Lexus reference), like the players are offset or something and there are bad characters instead of some player names.  Is it probably a header thing?  see a couple of posts above.

edit - referencing this post : http://tecmobowl.org/topic/12502-roster-editing-and-related-crap/, it looks like I wouldn't even be able to hit up 1994 year anyways, so maybe I will do something else with my TSB time.

still would like to see the rosters/ratings for this game, though.

Edited by buck

thanks alot. I guess I am confused on how to edit/view this game.  I can open it (*.smc) in TSBm2000 but shit is all retarded (Dr. Lexus reference), like the players are offset or something and there are bad characters instead of some player names.  Is it probably a header thing?  see a couple of posts above.

edit - referencing this post : http://tecmobowl.org/topic/12502-roster-editing-and-related-crap/, it looks like I wouldn't even be able to hit up 1994 year anyways, so maybe I will do something else with my TSB time.

I'll have to check and see if I still have it. I actually extracted all of the rosters from every version of tecmo and put them on an excel sheet last winter, hence my idea for the fictional league Rom. I was actually doing a tecmo kickoff nds Rom at the time. Too time consuming so I gave up.

I'll have to check and see if I still have it. I actually extracted all of the rosters from every version of tecmo and put them on an excel sheet last winter, hence my idea for the fictional league Rom. I was actually doing a tecmo kickoff nds Rom at the time. Too time consuming so I gave up.

that would kick ass.  earlier today I did two teams by hand.  let me know if you find it.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I am new at all of this but I am too interested in editing Tecmo Super Bowl II for SNES. I have tried to use the TSB 2000 Manager to edit the rosters but when I upload it back to the rom it gets all weird. For example when opening up the team data in game it has the Redskins listed as "Free Agent" in the team name and some text gets altered. I have been trying to use HxD hex editor as well to take on this project but still have only been able to minimal editing. I wanted to change all unnamed players to their actual names like HB Bills to Thurman Thomas... But I can only change hit to T Thomas in a hex editor because of the character limitations. Does anyone know the best way for me to be able to read the language of the game for editing and has anyone taken on TSB II SNES task before?

• 3 years later...
On 11/23/2014 at 5:10 PM, buck said:

This rom will work to pull the rosters in TSBM2000.

I haven't edited and saved so I don't know if that functionality works.

Tecmo Super Bowl 2 - Genesis.bin