Nestopia nsv files

TomTupa

So you were able to export the whole video directly with nestopia?

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Yes. I clipped the "Play of the Game" from the entire video using Movie Maker (after it was converted to avi). I used Cinepak Codec by Radius with 100 compression quality at 8 frames. Took about 20 minutes to encode the 18 minute game.

Cinepak Codec by Radius is one of the options you can choose to export in Nestopia. I changed the quality to 100.

Perhaps it would help next time if I managed to read the entire thread!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a little late to this, but i'm having some issues and wanted to see if I could get some help. I played a full game and at the start of the game I went File > Movie Player > File > Browse > Entered File name and then went back and hit Record and recorded the full game and after the game I hit Stop and the file saved in my 'State' folder (Which is where I had set it to go) and it only shows up as a 9kb file (That doesn't seem right but i'll ignore the small size for a moment) and then I go in and do the Export To Avi... selection, pick where the file is going to go, have it set as an .Avi file and no matter how I seem to change the configuration in the Choose Video Codec selection, it always just takes a while and then tells me my file is corrupt. And i've tried this a few times now with different files i've recorded and always the same thing. Someone please show me how to correctly do this if you can.

I'm a little late to this, but i'm having some issues and wanted to see if I could get some help. I played a full game and at the start of the game I went File > Movie Player > File > Browse > Entered File name and then went back and hit Record and recorded the full game and after the game I hit Stop and the file saved in my 'State' folder (Which is where I had set it to go) and it only shows up as a 9kb file (That doesn't seem right but i'll ignore the small size for a moment) and then I go in and do the Export To Avi... selection, pick where the file is going to go, have it set as an .Avi file and no matter how I seem to change the configuration in the Choose Video Codec selection, it always just takes a while and then tells me my file is corrupt. And i've tried this a few times now with different files i've recorded and always the same thing. Someone please show me how to correctly do this if you can.

Every time you record a new nsv make sure your states folder is clear of sta's and nsv's. Wait until the kick meter is displayed at kick off before you start recording. Don't hit stop to stop recording... just close out of nestopia when the game is over. I would suggest using fraps, as nestopia's converter only works part of the time and the quality is crap.

• 1 month later...