Nestopia nsv files

TomTupa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
freezes up nestopia for me

It looks like Nestopia is freezing, but it's actually doing the conversion. If you check your CPU load, you'll see that it's using about 50% of processing power. You have to give it a pretty long time to fully convert. A twelve minute game will take about 20-25 minutes to encode to AVI depending on your computer.

freezes up nestopia for me

It looks like Nestopia is freezing, but it's actually doing the conversion. If you check your CPU load, you'll see that it's using about 50% of processing power. You have to give it a pretty long time to fully convert. A twelve minute game will take about 20-25 minutes to encode to AVI depending on your computer.

ah, ok cool... thanks!

• 1 year later...

What is the size of the video? I wonder if they capped the output size back in the day when hard drive space wasn't so readily available. Perhaps you need to either use a codec that will compress or else it needs to be changed in the source.

The nsv file was 20.5 KB. When I tried to convert to avi using Nestopia the 2:24 clip was 1 GB. I just wanted the whole game so I could throw it into Movie Maker and just keep the big plays or highlights.

Yeah, the 1GB limit sounds about right from what I remember.

I might hit up the Nestopia message board about the issue, but those guys pretty much hate everyone and/or answering questions.

Does your computer use FAT32 or NTFS? The FAT cutoff would be 2 GB, AFAIK. Might be something weird with the codec he's selected though.

I am not much of a computer buff, so could you help me out with how to find this out or what these mean... lol?

It is like you are in a really important business meeting and everyone is speaking Japanese or something.

Does your computer use FAT32 or NTFS? The FAT cutoff would be 2 GB, AFAIK. Might be something weird with the codec he's selected though.

I am not much of a computer buff, so could you help me out with how to find this out or what these mean... lol?

It is like you are in a really important business meeting and everyone is speaking Japanese or something.

You use NTFS. Even if you used Fat32 why would the cutoff be 1GB.

Codec = The method by which the video is encoded. I would ask what the preferred codec is.

So you were able to export the whole video directly with nestopia?

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Yes. I clipped the "Play of the Game" from the entire video using Movie Maker (after it was converted to avi). I used Cinepak Codec by Radius with 100 compression quality at 8 frames. Took about 20 minutes to encode the 18 minute game.

So you were able to export the whole video directly with nestopia?

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Yes. I clipped the "Play of the Game" from the entire video using Movie Maker (after it was converted to avi). I used Cinepak Codec by Radius with 100 compression quality at 8 frames. Took about 20 minutes to encode the 18 minute game.

Cinepak Codec by Radius is one of the options you can choose to export in Nestopia. I changed the quality to 100.