Underrated Players in TSB

Todd Lyght

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion Butts, even though I think a lot of people look at him and say he's good, I think he really gets lost in the shuffle between more prominent backs like James Brooks and Thurman Thomas. I think he's a tough runner who has deceptive speed in the open field even when you consider his 63 MS.

Barry Word, even though he is laughable sometimes, he is known to kill you in short yardage if you don't keep an eye on him.

although I've finished many seasons with 2 players having 1000 receiving yards, my best accomplishment may be getting it with ron morris and glen kozlowski (and 1000+ for neal). the trick is keeping the defense off the field as much as possible, which is quite hard with their shitty QBs

scott

Kenneth Davis, he deserves 44 MS & 31-38 HP ... Tecmo didn't realize how much of an impact he would make L8er on, so I don't fault them. Barry Word had 1000 rushing in '90, and his 31 MS doesn't reflect that worth a damn. But the Chiefs have Okoye and he is awesome, so I know why they downgraded Word ...

Grogan is underrated ... he didn't suck that much ... 8O

Neal Anderson is the most undrrated player. You can't name me a back that runs the Pro T Flare D with better consitency than Neal Anderson. He's one of the fastest backs in the game, he's the quickest back in the game, he hardly ever fumbles, and he has great receptions. But the very best part about him is he will consistently stay in good or excellent condition without getting hurt.

Everybody should have Neal Anderson listed in their top 5 RBs.

-Trev

But the very best part about him is he will consistently stay in good or excellent condition without getting hurt.

Everybody should have Neal Anderson listed in their top 5 RBs.

-Trev

Is this the same Neal Anderson who I don't believe has ever finished an entire season for me without getting hurt. And as my avatar suggests, I am a huge bears fan and have completed many seasons using them in TSB.

Off course this being said, I would still have him in my top 5 RBs.

Jim Jensen is the most underrated player. He has 75 on receptions man! And in man v man games you have to cover clayton and duper, leaving an excellent reciever open. Plus he dives and jumps (in the unlikely event that Marino overthrew the pass, lol)

And my personal favorite is Paul Skanski from SEA. He can catch, Ive put him at Rb and he is decent, AND he is actually a very good KR. Scored a td in a man vs man (very hard to do)

I would agree with James Thornton. I had a killer season with him in the past, the guy plays way above his stats.

Shawn Collins is another good one. I would throw Brian Brennan in there. And the Redskins defense is also very solid but gets little respect.

There is also some other guy named Don...

Very true on the definition of underrated, BTW. You have underrated as in someone who was a good player and received crappy attributes and then you have guys that you wouldn't expect to be good because they are over shadowed or what not.

Dave Waymer would be an example of someon who is underrated because of Ronnie Lott being on the team. John Elway would be underrated Rom wise as he'd already led his team to a couple super bowls but he tends to chuck the ball into the stands regularly.