TSB Hacks | Documentation Directory [Updated: 01.18.2023]

bruddog

[ Last Updated | 12.21.2022 ]

Greetings TSB Hacker,

This thread is dedicated to housing links to Tecmo Super Bowl hacks that various forum members have created over the years. You'll find hacks for gameplay, graphics, playbooks, events, CPU play, and more to enhance your own custom TSB ROM file. Please read the links below before posting a question, or perform your own Forum Search (be sure to specify which forum you're trying to search for information in) as there may already be a thread created for your needs. Feel free to add links or suggestions below.

Thank you,
TecmoBowl.org Staff

HACKS                                                              

GENERAL INFO

GRAPHICS
Uniforms, Helmets, Portraits

Background & Design Palettes, Cut Scene Colors

Game Schedule, Playoff Bracket, Game Modes

Formations, Names

Field of Play

EVENTS
In-Game

MUSIC
TSB Music

GAMEPLAY
Kicking, Punting

Gameplay Clock, Playbook Clock, Quarter scores

Down & Distance

Player Movement, Positioning

Player Attributes During Gameplay

Custom Defensive Formations, Reactions

Injuries

Game-types

Debug

PLAYBOOK
Play Code, Pointers, Data Tables

STATS & SAVE STATES

Stats

Tackles & Injuries

CPU & SIM
Attributes, Play Ratio, SIM Stats

32-TEAM ROM FIXES
32-Team ROM NFC West Locations

(The numbers in "()" are length per team and "[]" is total length for all 4 teams.)

• 0x199C1 - Sim Data ($30)[$C0]
  • 0x23FF0 - Large Helmet Palettes ($08)[$20]
  • 0x27FDB - Run/Pass Ratio ($01)[$04]
  • 0x2CF82 - In-game Jersey Colors ($0A)[$28]
  • 0x348F7 - Action Sequence Palettes ($08)[$20]
  • 0x34953 - Division Champ Screen Palettes ($05)[$14]
  • 0x349D2 - Conference Champ Screen Palettes ($04)[$10]

NFC West "Offense Preference" Fix

(When playing, 'heavy pass' does 'heavy rush.')

• x273B4 - change to x20 xB6 x9F

NFC West "SIM" Bugs

• x27479 to x2747B - change to x20 xB6 x9F (Team 1)
  • x27481 to x27483 - change to x20 xB6 x9F (Team 2)
  • x27FCE should be xE0 (Compares team value correctly)

INCOMPLETE HACKS
Still Developing

• 5 months later...
Matt, can we merge this thread with our other "Dir of hacking" thread, and then kill this one? I have to agree with Maynard here.

don't worry, dude. i'll be doing all of this kind of shit for the rest of the month. it's unofficially the repository spring cleaning time.

Matt, can we merge this thread with our other "Dir of hacking" thread, and then kill this one? I have to agree with Maynard here.

don't worry, dude. i'll be doing all of this kind of shit for the rest of the month. it's unofficially the repository spring cleaning time.

Don't lose anything 8)

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, could someone finally put the hex locations of changing kickoff distance up into one of these stickied threads? I know a bunch of roms used this but it's always a bitch to find. Somehow it got overlooked from the Kicking and Punting section of the first post here.

Where's the hack that allows each team a possession in overtime in the playoffs, if the team winning the coin toss kicks a field goal on the first series?

LOL, yeah when Palmer started talking about wishing they would get rid of FGs I thought he was nuts, but now the league is actually considering this. Or did they already pass it?

And the kickoff distance isn't obscure! It's one of the few hacks I actually like and it should be in that first post. It's just an oversight.

perhaps a new topic "links to obscure hacking requests"?

No way, I say put it all in one spot! As a rookie, I can say it's a pill trying to find stuff. I'm thinking this list should be stickied at the top of the editing section.

Wait is there a way to have each team get the ball in overtime? I really would like to see it and see if I could find it in TSB3...

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I think he was joking. But knowing this community, someone will figure out how to do it. Probably by the start of next season 8)

Yup - it's a rule the NFL is thinking about implementing for playoff ot. I'll post a separate thread to get some opinions...

Where's the hack that allows each team a possession in overtime in the playoffs, if the team winning the coin toss kicks a field goal on the first series?

Just take my Possession-style Overtime notes and do some editing. Everything is essentially there but needs checks added and adjusted.

Hey jstout, where was the hex for changing kickoff distance?

Just take my Possession-style Overtime notes and do some editing. Everything is essentially there but needs checks added and adjusted.

Hey jstout, where was the hex for changing kickoff distance?

That is discussed here....credit buck & MGK.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12849&p=105784&hilit=back+of+endzone#p105784

• 2 months later...
I'm about to start updating this--got interrupted, though. Bear with me. All original credit goes to Bruddog for being originator of this threaded Universe. I'll stick his name somewhere in the original post once I'm done. :thumbsup:

Fixed!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

You're missing the "In-Game Playbook Change" hack/patch. I loaded up the Original TSB with in-game playbook hack from tecmosb's rom collection and it doesn't seem to work so I was going to fix it and send Ophish a copy. When I searched for it there is a million pages found with playbook so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks.

• 2 months later...