NES Improved Grappling Code

jstout

• 4 months later...

I am wanting a simpler, but different grappling hack.  

The only differences I would like from "normal" TSB grappling operations:

1. MAN controlled defender can be popcorned (no grapple, just straight bucked) by COM offensive player with >50 HP (be it a blocker or Okoye).

2. MAN controlled offensive player can be instantly "mashed" by a COM defender with >50 HP (for example, MAN controlled WR has no chance to grapple with Fulcher).

[3. Finally, MAN v MAN popcorn/mash where applicable (50 HP difference) - a hack has already been devised for this one.]

otherwise, normal grapple for all of this stuff.

So, could I just modify the original jstout code for MAN v COM grappling, but leave out the quantizing and random stuff; and then throw the conditional code/jumps for popcorning like he has written up in the MAN v MAN popcorn area?  Is it simpler or more complicated than that?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Tecmonster said:

That Hack Directory page has been a ghost town of broken links for a long time now, and that's one of them.

yeah, I've been noticing the "database error" on a lot of those,

but I don't see where it (grapple time location) would be listed - because to my knowledge I've located and read through all the relevant threads with grapple stuff in them (using search).

Edited by buck

• 1 year later...
On 3/13/2011 at 10:08 PM, tecmobo said:

I figured I'd post the corrected man vs man popcorning patch (the one on page one doesn't work) in case others had as much trouble figuring out what worked and what didn't from the first few pages...

SET( 0x2851b, 0x4c95bf )
SET( 0x2bfa5, 0x2090b1a01cb1ae38f13e9007c920b00d4cacbfc9e290092036b14c0e854c26854c3385 )

This is best used in conjunction with the set patches buck posted earlier up on page 6.

Thanks to jstout and buck again!

..I feel like I should just put that in my signature at this point :)

is this the standard grapple hack that leagues like GTFO and ETC (some of the time used)

On 11/8/2008 at 6:14 PM, buck said:

try this bgboud2 (it seems to be working for me - but you should give it some tests)

SET(0x2bf50, 0xA01CB1AE4A4A4AC81871AE91AE2090B1A01CB13E4A4A4AC8913EA907290718713E913EB1AE60A01CB1AE4A4A4AC81871AE91AEA01CB13E4A4A4AC818713E913EB13E60 )
SET( 0x284f4, 0x2040BFEAD13E)
SET( 0x2852e, 0x2066BFEAD1AE)

paste these three SET commands in 'TSB TOOL Supreme' onto the rom you want to mod. Make sure it's a copy, of course.

you might need to fix the line-wrap.

with this?

• 6 years later...
On 3/18/2008 at 4:53 PM, ImFlo said:

Make a rom with the com players always having a set amount of taps, and make it really high. Send it to some of the faster tappers, see what they can beat consistantly, and find out exactly where they start to lose, or can't ever beat.

This is what I'm looking for, with a tapmeter as well. I'd like the steps like the grapple roms 12, 13, 14 all the way through 20