Triple Play Gold ...

NaciremaDream

EA Sports - Triple Play, or Triple Play Gold for SEGA Genesis ... I have two versions but I can not find any versions which will let me trade any players or create any players. I believe I have bad copies of it

Was pondering a baseball championship rom... but the whole 'battery pack failure' issue seems to be a big roadblock as I can't think of any other games worth doing the rosters for ....

I was wondering if anyone had a extra copy or backup which worked where you can trade players and create them which is a normal game feature. I am using GENS, but I do not think thats the issue.

Take Care

~Nacirema

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to buy a cartridge repair kit and replace the battery. I bought mine from EBAY.

This is also my favorite baseball game for the Genesis. I'd like to edit it but I can't...

Not Hex-literate. :0(

• 2 months later...
EA Sports - Triple Play, or Triple Play Gold for SEGA Genesis ... I have two versions but I can not find any versions which will let me trade any players or create any players. I believe I have bad copies of it

Was pondering a baseball championship rom... but the whole 'battery pack failure' issue seems to be a big roadblock as I can't think of any other games worth doing the rosters for ....

I was wondering if anyone had a extra copy or backup which worked where you can trade players and create them which is a normal game feature. I am using GENS, but I do not think thats the issue.

Take Care

~Nacirema

Yeah, I hate that the only versions I can find have player/team editing locked, plus the roms have some team name change to "Ghetto Ctiy" or something with a bunch of fake loser players created.

As far as the two original games go, I would love to be able to find a good version of the original TP, the gold version was too much of a home run orgy for my taste.

• 10 years later...
On 5/6/2008 at 10:06 PM, DoubleA said:

You have to buy a cartridge repair kit and replace the battery. I bought mine from EBAY.

This is also my favorite baseball game for the Genesis. I'd like to edit it but I can't...

Not Hex-literate. :0(

I'm hex literate...send me a rom version and I'll do it.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey everyone. Ive included the updated. If your going to want to play on emulators...use RetroArch - Use Genesis Plus GX, or through the Google Play Store GENSPlusDroid. Both these will allow the system to "Initializing Memory" stage for the emulator to reset the game. 

The rom below allows you to have a clean season, trade players, create players, edit team names and best of all...updated rosters.

Triple Play Baseball '20.zip