tecmo basketball editor/ tsnba 07-08

cxrom

here's an editor for the snes version. it can edit names, numbers, player info, shooting %s, stats, sim data, and the schedule. player portraits are not yet editable. there's also some options to sort the players by rating (and position) and write it to a text file. this is a work in progress so keep a backup of your files.

here's also a half assed update i started. i didn't get around to the attributes, but the rosters are pretty recent.

COMDLG32.OCX and COMCTL32.OCX are required and can be found here if your system is missing them.

edit: updated to v0.20.0

TSNBA 07-08.zip

Rabbit v020.zip

• 1 month later...

cxrom,

Any updates on this project/tool? I haven't found any more bugs other than what we talked about.

I'm going to try to find a way to remove player profile pix. Maybe there is a blank one that can be used universally like in TSB III.

• 2 weeks later...

first post updated to v0.20.0.

Rabbit v0.20.0

-uniform palette editing

-real-time uniform viewer

-schedule data is saved

-NES support added

-all-star support

Rabbit v0.19.0

-bug fixes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah im looking forward to when cxrom adds more stuff to the tsnba editor. hopefully there will be some improvements to fixing up the players stats. so we wont have to see the entire nba have scoring leaders with over 100 points from the back up centers when simulating the season. also it will be cool if he can somehow upgrade it so we can use it for the nes and sega version of the game. but still awesome job in putting the editor to begin with after all these years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a way to change the race of each player? It looks like this isn't implemented because the square box in the Player Editor is always blank, but I figured I'd ask.

A white Garnett just doesn't look right. Right now I'm just doing a few teams, but if NBA 2K9 sucks I might just do a complete rom.

Also, can someone explain what happens when you click the box with the player/uniform? It seems to alternates between a white and black player for three different uniforms. Does this just let you edit the team's home/away uniforms?

Thanks for any help

Is there a way to change the race of each player? It looks like this isn't implemented because the square box in the Player Editor is always blank, but I figured I'd ask.

No, I haven't figured out how to change them in the SNES version yet, so I left it out for both.

Also, can someone explain what happens when you click the box with the player/uniform? It seems to alternates between a white and black player for three different uniforms. Does this just let you edit the team's home/away uniforms?

Clicking on the player/uniform box cycles through all available palettes. To edit the colors, click on the box of the color you wanna change and a palette tool should pop up.

• 2 months later...

IF someone updates the snes supertecmo nba please post it as a rom not a zip...I have no clue how to run zip files and have tried many times unsuccesfully...although if that's the only way please post detailed directions on how to run it...I am a noob when it comes to computers and roms...Thanks in advance.

IF someone updates the snes supertecmo nba please post it as a rom not a zip...I have no clue how to run zip files and have tried many times unsuccesfully...although if that's the only way please post detailed directions on how to run it...I am a noob when it comes to computers and roms...Thanks in advance.

I assume you can just double-click on the zip file it will bring up the contents. Over on the left side on my comp (win xp) there's a option "extract all files". Click on that and it'll bring up the unzip wizard and you can choose where to extract it, I'd recommend in your emulator's folder.

Shouldn't your snes emulator (znes?) be able to run zip files anyways?

• 1 month later...

download 'COMCTL32.OCX' to your system folder and follow these instructions:

1.Locate the file using windows explorer or My Computer. Alternatively search for the filename.

2.Hold down the shift key and right click on the file. Then click 'Open With...' from the menu.

3.An 'Open With' dialog box should appear. Click the button 'Other...'.

4.Navigate to your windows\system32 directory and select the file 'RegSvr32.exe'. Do a file search for it if you have trouble locating the exact folder. On Windows 2000 it is typically located in c:\WINNT\System32. Click Open to select the file. Then click OK on the 'Open With' dialog.

5.You should see a message indicating the file was successfully registered. If you see an error message, try restarting your computer and going through the above process again.

• 4 months later...

cxrom,

This is really cool.

A couple questions:

1) Do the numbers we enter in for FG%, FT% and 3FG% affect the player's accuracy from 2, the line and 3pts? Or do they not matter at all?

2) How do we improve players' defense outside of steals and blocks?

3) What effect does "Stamina" have?

4) Can we influence passing or ball-handling skills at all?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
hey cxrom any luck fixing the players stats yet so when skipping the season back up centers no longer have over 100 pts.

Coincidently, I finished my first full season earlier this week and started mining for some of the missing data. I haven't had any luck so far, I'm guessing it does something similar to TSB where there's separate attributes and sim data.

• 1 year later...