Recording Tackles

jstout

bump, any roms with this?

realize that the code given in this thread, and as far as i know is not built to display the tackles on the rom itself (like in the stats pages), but rather is designed to accommodate online leagues that use PHP stat extractors. that said, there are plenty of roms with this hack on it. i have one.

• 1 month later...
bump, any roms with this?

realize that the code given in this thread, and as far as i know is not built to display the tackles on the rom itself (like in the stats pages), but rather is designed to accommodate online leagues that use PHP stat extractors. that said, there are plenty of roms with this hack on it. i have one.

How cool would this be IF the tackles stat could be on the stats pages in let's say the punting section? Really who cares about the punting since most of us don't! Tackles are my favorite stat.

• 4 months later...

Two questions:

1. Has anyone found a different place to put this on the 32 team roms? Or is it simply not possible.

2. How does it determine who tackled the player if a computer guy is holding the player and you come and dive tackle him. Does the tackle credit go to you or the computer defender?

1. Has anyone found a different place to put this on the 32 team roms? Or is it simply not possible.

What if you erased all the graphics in the intro and/or all that bs after you win the Superbowl - specifically the credits after your team roster? Wouldn't that free up a ton of space? I would gladly give up the intro and the SB celebration credits to get tackles on the stat page in place of the punting stats. I think I want this more than the 2pt conversion or whatever else needs to be "fixed" in TSB. Every time I see this thread posted I get excited. You guys rock. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Yes, but TSB 3 has it built in...TSB1 does not, just like TSB for NES. I need the tackles hack for the NES TSB to be translated over to the SNES...

If the tackle hack was in a IPS would it be easier to apply to SNES?

• 1 month later...

Okay I talked to (bothered?) Jstout and he said that an updated version of this hack to limit desyncs uses x3ffcd instead of x3ffa0.

Here's what you change on x3ffbf:

a0 00 a9 00 99 00 04 c8 d0 fa 68 68 a9 8a a2 01 20 dd d8 20 e0 9c a2 12 20 dd d8 a5 70 10 03 4c 3e 9c 4c e0 9a

This replaces the change in Jstouts OP for x3ffa0

Also you will need to change the jump at x25ae9 to 4C BD FF EA EA EA EA

Okay, final, working IPS for updated tackles stat. This is slightly different than the OP in order to account for desyncs that CTL experienced with the original hack. It also moves the conflicting offset that it had with the in-game playbook hack, so you can use that now as well. If you want the IPS for both go here:

viewtopic.php?p=120515#p120515

See sig for who the glory goes to.

updated tackles hack.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any chance someone out there can help install this hack onto our league's rom? Much Thanks will be given. Or even simpler, if someone can post the Set (command) for it here, I can apply it using TSBToolSupreme.

This rom that I've attached should have the no fumbles in end zone hack as well as the player 2 conditions fix hack, I hope I didn't screw that up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1992_week_16Hacked_P2Cond_NoFumb.zip

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Update for 28 team rom league play.

TACKLE ERASE (not really needed for league play since RAM is intialized every game load but keeping in) 

SET (0x21D7E, 0x4CE0BFEA)

SET(0x23FF0, 0xA900A016997F7F88D0FAA00E4C729D)

JUMP TO TACKLE LOGIC

SET (0x25aE9, 0x4C90FFEAEAEAEA)

TACKLE LOGIC

SET (0x3FFA0, 0xA9808D01A0A573C980F0392920D035A571C98CF011C9ACF007C9CDF0094CD4FFA572C920D01EA5B5C9409018C9C0B005290F4CCAFF290F18690BA8B9807F18690199807FA9C08D01A0A57010034C3E9C4CE09A)

• 5 months later...

Since the game tracks sacks,  would it be possible to change that code into recording tackles?

I don't know anything about programming, so this could be a very ignorant statement, but it seems to me that it might not be too difficult to make the game think that all tackles are sacks.

Sure you'd lose track of actual sacks,  but it's at least one option that might allow tracking tackles in game.

Edited by adscl84

• 7 years later...