Hollywood TSB Rom

TecmoTurd

I was thinking about a fun version of a rom that had all the great high school/college/etc (non-NFL) football teams from TV/Movies over the years. Could really only come up with 12 or so, and then I thought maybe including their rivals might take up some more spots...probalby don't have much time to do it right now, but I think it might be a fun project in the future...

Remember the Titans

Friday Night Lights

Wildcats

Best of Times

Necessary Roughness

The Replacements

Just to name a few...

The Waterboy team could have a bunch of scrubs and a 100 across the boards linebacker

lol, yeah...might have to be an even teams rom or something cause hey, they are all great, right?

Now, if there was only a way to get the locker-room hero speech and the slow clap in the game...that would be the ultimate...

But of course...I got all the big ones...after 12 I think i lost count. I excluded ones such as Rudy because it's a real team, and some of the other old football movies that I don't think would translate well. I wonder if you can remove teams from the game so I don't have to force 28 teams...

I was thinking about a fun version of a rom that had all the great high school/college/etc (non-NFL) football teams from TV/Movies over the years. Could really only come up with 12 or so, and then I thought maybe including their rivals might take up some more spots...probalby don't have much time to do it right now, but I think it might be a fun project in the future...

Remember the Titans

Friday Night Lights

Wildcats

Best of Times

Necessary Roughness

The Replacements

Just to name a few...

I think this is a great idea!!!

Please don't make it an even teams ROM (at least make 1 team suck really bad).

One of the most fun parts of the original TSB is playing with the Patriots to see if you can dominate using a really bad team.

the Waterboy team could have a bunch of scrubs and a 100 across the boards linebacker

Haha, Bobby Boucher with slightly higher stats? That would be nice!

Umm, is it ok to put "Eyeshield 21" on the list?

Higher stats? Didn't he have over 20 sacks a game and from the linebacker spot led the team to the title game? I don't think all 100's would be high enough for that! Of course you might be able to tell from my avatar that Waterboy is one of my favorite movies :)

I love this board. Leave it to the knobbe crew to start a discussion based on Bobby Boucher's tecmo ratings.

I actually did some searching and got full rosters for some of the teams...we'll see how much more I can get :)

Can't promise anything because I just had a son and I just joined a league which I did the graphics for and am helping out with webmaster duties, so time is tight, but I'm keeping this one open...

Still gotta find out if I can remove teams...I think I know of a way...

What you might do is make one team with all bit part football guys from different movies. Like that movie about the Eagles replacement player, Brian Piccolo and Gale Sayers, the Rock from Gameplan, the show me the money guy, Rudy. I guess it would be hard to think of a whole team though....

Oh, and of course, Air Bud

• 2 weeks later...

Gump wouldn't be on the game, at least if I made it. I'd want to keep it fictional teams...as well as teams that have more than one star player. Otherwise, I'd include Rudy...

So far every team listed here is on my list. Here's the list I came up with (the team at the end was the team I was thinking of replacing on the original rom):

EMU Timberwolves (The program) - Gold, Maroon, Yellow Vikings

Dylan Panthers (Friday Night Lights) - White, Blue, Blue Colts

Central High Wildcats (Wildcats) - Gray, White, White Cowboys

South Central Muddogs (Waterboy) - Black, Orange, Black Broncos

Allenville State Penitentary (Longest Yard, Modern) - White,Blue Oilers/Titans

Mean Machine Prisoners (Longest Yard), Black, Black, Black Falcons

Washington Sentinels (The Replacements) - Gray, Red, Gray Bills

T.C. Williams High (Remember the Titans) - Red, Red, White Chiefs

Texas State University Fighting Armadillos (Necessary Roughness) - Green, Green, White Eagles

West Caanan Coyotes (Varsity Blues) - Blue, Blue, White Browns

Taft High (Midway Union High) Rockets (Best of Times) - Navy, Navy, White Jets

Anderson Yellow Jackets (Radio) - Gold, Navy, Gold - Buccaneers

Miami Sharks (Any Given Sunday) - Black, Black, Black - Raiders or Bears

Ampipe Bulldogs (All the Right Moves) - Yellow, Yellow, Black Packers

Miami Cougars (Playmakers) - Gray, Blue, Gray - Lions

Polk High Panthers (Married With Children) Navy, Blue, White - Giants

I know polk high doesn't fit my "more than one star player rule" but I needed a filler team, and it'd be badass to play as Al Bundy. 4 TD's in one game!