A Thank You, Questions, and Rom Goals

Hello all.. long time lurker, first time poster.

I appreciate all that is done here and I'll have to say this is the greatest thing to hit my computer, this is real amazing stuff. Thanks to all that make it possible.

A few questions about the game that the people here should be able to answer:

When the defensive player gets an interception/fumble, what makes them fast or have a strong hitting power when running it back? Example: I just picked one with Ed Reed and he was extremely slow when running it back, yet he was breaking every tackle. I know this was pretty random in the '91 version as well, but I was wondering if it is random or whether it can be set through the programming of the game? (I don't run any of those programs to change the roms and such.. so I don't know)

Now that we have a time option.. when I'm playing a season with four minutes games, does the computer in the simulations of games then score less, or are they still in the same simulation time and score literally the same as the old roms? Example: If I have it set at 7 mins will they score 42-38 instead of 31-28?

Also I was hoping to throw out a few major/maybe unreasonable goals for this rom in the future:

1. Trading.. I'd love to play with Hester but not have to play with the Bears. heh.

2. Formation setting in game (OF Starters Set).. It'd be cool to run 4 WR offense with the Pats, or 3 WR 1 TE. (I'm sure you can do this with an editor that most of the people here have)

3. Tackles Statistic.. Probably too far-fetched, but would be way cool.

I guess that's it.. and since I don't want to post in the bugs thread also, I'll just throw out an irritating mention of the fact that Ben Leber is white, not black. 8O

Keep on keepin' on.. love you guys.

Thanks,

-jb

Punting in the 4th quarter in tecmo almost never makes any sense unless you are ahead buy more than a TD or there is little time remaining and you are in your own zone.

Also, is there a hex addres sor something that changes the CPU punts when they're down in the 4th? I think they should be punting more.

Punting in the 4th quarter in tecmo almost never makes any sense unless you are ahead buy more than a TD or there is little time remaining and you are in your own zone.

Also, is there a hex addres sor something that changes the CPU punts when they're down in the 4th? I think they should be punting more.

bruddog, a TSB living legend 8)8O8O

• 2 months later...

32 team Rom, up-to-date rosters (at least for last year)--incredible! All I can say is thank you. I'm not sure if it's feasible for a future a release, but I gotta agree, the ability to trade players would be the icing on the cake. Then just add a feature where you can create players or at least edit them (I know you can do this with the editing software, but unfortunately for me they don't have any available for the Mac) and I would never play another football game.

If it weren't for the NFL's exclusivity agreement with Madden, I could definitely see Tecmo putting out a version like this for Xbox Live arcade. They could release it for around $20.00 (the average new release costs $10.00, but I can guarantee people would be willing to pay) based on your template here, and then simply charge $10.00 for future roster updates. The possibilities for additional add-on downloads such as retro unis, all time teams, fantasy leagues would be endless and Tecmo would be making money hand over fist from a game (with a few tweaks) that is what? twenty years old. The Tecmo Bowl fans would love it, the NFL fans would love it, the casual gamers would love it... it wouldn't interfere with Madden sales...two completely different styles of game-play. Think of it-- updated online Tecmo without any of the hassle on your big screen television. And, who knows? Maybe they'd even hire some of the people from this board to work as developers or consultants. But, alas because of corporate short-sightedness it'll never be.

First time poster by the way... I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in to creating these ROMS and keeping alive a great game that has some of the most brilliantly fun yet simplistic game-play since Pac-Man. Keep up the good work. :D