COA Elway

Do you like the change?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the change?

• YES
    • NO
    • DON'T CARE

I finally got this done, after several grueling weeks :D

I decided to do this, because the NES models look a tad bit more fluent on the field and more streamlined. They are a bit smaller and more crisp in detail as well. 8O

It's strictly intended for people who want to use the NES models in the SNES version. I did play testing on it and noticed no flaws. It's hard to see, with so many damn things going on at once anyway. 8O

It's based on my TSBXIII SNES rom. There are no player indicators on the field and the "X" was also removed to show where the ball is going to land. As all my roms are intended for COA mode anyway. 8O

Enjoy the new twist on the SNES, if it's your flavor! 8O

or

Use the player models for your own. 8)

78snes.gif

TSBXIII(nes players).zip

TSBXIII(nes players)(indicators).zip

TSBXIII(nes players) in HD.zip

WOW!!! great job elway7 this is cool like a super updated version of the original maybe you and cxrom can calibrate and intertwine the nes and super-nes version of the two and do this thing w/ 32 teams and this could be this best thing since cx's hybrid 32team rom and maybe the best TSB ROM ever got to add met this is a interesting idea, and by the way are you planing on doing a version of this more so for Manuel control?

WOW!!! great job elway7 this is cool like a super updated version of the original maybe you and cxrom can calibrate do this thing w/ 32 teams and this could be this best thing since cx's hybrid 32team rom and maybe the best TSB rom ever got to add met this is a interesting idea.

Thanx! 8O

That's kinda what I was intending to achieve here. Give the NES fans what they like to see on the field of the SNES.

Idk, but the players seem to move faster in this version. 8O

That's like, totally awesome. Was it hard? Were you able to just copy the player tiles over?

Thanx man!

It wasn't hard, it was just very time consuming and hard on the eyes. I was able to just copy over the nes to the snes, then I had to edit the colors from there. I cleaned up a few animations as well (very small).

I noticed that the Lions are harder to see in the snow, due to the gray in the uni's. I'm glad that some of you guys are digging it. 8O

I noticed I was able to still edit the uniform colors via STUE. Now I want to try to do this...as even tough the SNES version is my game, nostalgia hits me sometimes and I dig the old nes style graphics...

I'm working on an SNES wiki with loads of awesome SNES hacking documentation gained from conversations, trial and error, messageboard posts, etc, and I'd love to fire a few quick questions at you to see if I can add anything to the wiki...if you don't mind, can you post your aim sn or send me an IM to TecmoTurd?

• 4 weeks later...
i might just start playing the snes version after you're finished with this. now if you could replace the music/sfx with that of the NES, that would put it over the top. music hacking is probably pretty hard though, i'd imagine.

Now that you mention it, the sounds of the original is a big reason why I like it better.

I wonder if the NES music would play in the SNES version, or if you would need to convert it first.

Thanks guys!!!!

I could try the play graphics out. I'm sure they're set-up the same way as the NES. Most of the stuff is.

I too, prefer the music from the NES. But, the gameplay on the SNES is far more superior in my opinion. It's impossible to do a crazy Bo Jackson type run, like the one on youtube, on the SNES version. As far as the cut scenes go, I prefer the TSB3 on the SNES. I recall a site, that was about SNES music hacking. Do the google thing. I'm gonna play around some more with palettes and stuff. I'll post any new findings of course. Later 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on this, I might actually play snes version now. I would rather these player models on the snes than those others. Could you add one with the player indicators for the HD version instead of just the coach mode, thanks.

Great job on this, I might actually play snes version now. I would rather these player models on the snes than those others.

Thanx! I've always prefered the SNES version over the NES, personally. I'm just trying to give new life to the older version. I'm glad you like it.

:o

That's cool elway.

Do you think you could replace the play graphics in the SNES version with the ones from the NES version?

I've never liked the play graphics for the SNES version.

That would be a great add, I'd rather the NES play graphics over the SNES, they are easier to see and understand.

I just used TSBtool and pasted the rosters from the NES version into elways version. The only thing bad about it is that it has the 1978 logos for the 1991 season :o. Oh well doesn't bother me.

Anyways great job again.