BAD_AL's Supreme Editor - Question

TecmoTurd

First things first... thank you so much for your efforts on these projects. I'm loving life with my NFL replay ability.

I just finished my first season, 1970 using your editors. I followed the instuctions provided to create season roms, and fixed sim abilities. The season went well and somewhat realistically. My only issue is the RBs lead the vast majority of teams in receiptions and rec yards. Any ideas on how to get the QBs to use the WRs more or is this a STB issue, sim issue, playbooks, or something else?

I just remembered about something that should help fix this problem.

TSBSeasonGen reads in an options (SeasonGenOptions.txt) file that can tell it a little bit about how to rate the players.

If you go to the line that starts with "RB_REC =", you can edit this line to reduce the 'rec' attribute for the runningbacks. Then when you auto-update the player sim attributes, the sim rec for the runningbacks will be lower.

By default, the RB_REC is the following:

RB_REC = { 110,94,  100,88,  80,81,  70,75,  60,63, 40,56,  30,50  }

Try changing it to the following:

RB_REC = { 110,94,  100,88,  80,63,  70,56,  60,38, 40,31,  30,25,  10,19  }

You can play with those numbers and lower the 'REC' ability more if you like (the above is just an example).

Now most runningbacks should have a REC of 38, 31, 25 or 19. The ones who had lots of receptions will still be rated high in 'REC'

Here is the KEY for RB_REC:

# RB stuff (Applies to FBs and RBs)

# RB_REC

# 1st number in pair --> Player's number of recptions.

# 2nd number in pair --> Will be the player's REC if the players recptions total is greater than

# the first number in pair.

In the Edit Team section...all of the teams in my created roms are listed at 14 Sim Offense and 14 Sim Defense. What do these two numbers control?

They control the overall sim dominance of a team.

Give a team a 0 on sim offense, the team won't score a lot. Give them a 'F' on offense, they will score a lot.

Here is the Team sim data for the original ROM (along with the Runn/Pass preference):

TEAM = bills SimData=0xab0
TEAM = colts SimData=0x242
TEAM = dolphins SimData=0x7c2
TEAM = patriots SimData=0x032
TEAM = jets SimData=0x440
TEAM = bengals SimData=0x540
TEAM = browns SimData=0x383
TEAM = oilers SimData=0xa83
TEAM = steelers SimData=0x6e0
TEAM = broncos SimData=0x670
TEAM = chiefs SimData=0x871
TEAM = raiders SimData=0x7c1
TEAM = chargers SimData=0x780
TEAM = seahawks SimData=0x880
TEAM = redskins SimData=0x980
TEAM = giants SimData=0xdb1
TEAM = eagles SimData=0xe30
TEAM = cardinals SimData=0x1a0
TEAM = cowboys SimData=0x6b0
TEAM = bears SimData=0xca0
TEAM = lions SimData=0x162
TEAM = packers SimData=0x553
TEAM = vikings SimData=0x4c0
TEAM = buccaneers SimData=0x240
TEAM = 49ers SimData=0xff2
TEAM = rams SimData=0x812
TEAM = saints SimData=0xb60
TEAM = falcons SimData=0x802

Having a look at these numbers should clear things up more (as long as you're familiar with the original ROM).

• 4 weeks later...
I have a question about writing schedules in TSBTool. Do you have to write out the name of each team or can you use abbreviations? Is there a point and click method to this that I'm missing, or do you have to type out the schedule for each week?

There is no clicky stuff for the schedule.

But you don't have to 'type' it in.

If you are doing a schedule from a given year, you only need to find that schedule and do some text find and replace so that the result is in the correct format.

For the years 1960-2006 you can have TSBSeasonGen generate the schedule for you.

I have a question about writing schedules in TSBTool. Do you have to write out the name of each team or can you use abbreviations? Is there a point and click method to this that I'm missing, or do you have to type out the schedule for each week?

If you are doing a schedule from a given year, you only need to find that schedule and do some text find and replace so that the result is in the correct format.

For the years 1960-2006 you can have TSBSeasonGen generate the schedule for you.

ah, thank you. The version I have goes up to 2004. Where is the updated seasongen? Not that I really need it now, I already typed in 2006 and 2007 was done.

Another question that's probably been answered before - Can you change pro bowl rosters with TSBTool?

ah, thank you. The version I have goes up to 2004. Where is the updated seasongen? Not that I really need it now, I already typed in 2006 and 2007 was done.

Another question that's probably been answered before - Can you change pro bowl rosters with TSBTool?

2005 & 2006 data is in this post: http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6941&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=2

And no, you can't do the pro bowl rosters in the current version of TSBTool.

TSBTool only edits the 1993 schedule in the TSB1 SNES rom.

You may want to try to set the 1993 schedule, then extract it using the 'GetBytes' feature, then place it at the corresponding location for the 1991 or 1992 schedule by changing the starting address.

I've never tried it though.

I have a couple comments/suggestions. It might have been in the other tsb tool thread, but someone asked for being able to rename the nfl,afc,nfc text. If you do impliment this, please have an option to turn it on/off. tsbm 1.3 does this and it can be a huge pain if you have custom leauge names or longer text.

Also, being able to have longer text for the pro bowl teams, just during gameplay (x1FF30)would be a nice feature. All the managers revert it back to afc and nfc.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that when you change the team formation it doesn't put the players in the right spots on your roster. For example, when you change it to a 3WR formation (like WAS or SD), it shows 1RB-3WR-1TE on the team data screen but the third WR is still RB2. You have to label the third receiver you want on the field as RB2 in TSBTool to have him as a starter. (And obviously make one of the RBs a WR.)

I know this doesn't matter much, but it would be nice if it automatically put WR3 in the RB2 slot when you switch the formation. TSBM does this.

• 7 months later...