Funny things about TSB!!!

49er4life

Dont get me wrong, I know that TSB is the best game ever, that back in 1991 when it came out, it was way ahead of its time and that Tecmo did an awesome job with very little room, but the following are just some things that I think are kinda funny:

Why are the players that represent their team in the coin toss always white? Why are the referees always white? Why do they always play in the same stadium? Why are teams' pants always the same color as their helmets? Why are all players exactly the same height and weight? Why is the field only 20 yards wide? Why do players recovering from injuries always leave the hospital with the Bears' uniform?....

These are just some of the funny things about TSB that I remember, but still I wouldn't change it for anything!! :x

lol!!! some more...

Why is there a marching band at halftime? What, is this a college game?

Why do the uprights appear to be made of rubber?

Why does the crowd randomly change color during cinema scenes? (look after a TD...)

Why does the quarterback's signal never change? (SET! DOWN! HUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUT...)

During the halftime cinema where the Fan Man flies down onto the field, why does his back appear to be on fire?

Why do the people in the Wave at halftime look so fruity?

Why did Tecmo incorporate the "white panty" in the scene where the cheerleader in the pink dress bounces up into the air, freezes, and her skirt moves up about a half an inch exposing some panty?

most of these revolve around the halftime show, i know.

The hospital got a cheap deal on the Bears uniforms because they suck so badly, no one would buy them, so there was always surplus of the Bears uniforms, and the hospital got them cheaply. In a sense, the players got a free Bears uniform for being injured. Course, they couldn't sell them....

No no, you got it all wrong. The Bears uniform is your hospital clothes. The uniform is kind of like the flag medical people fly in war as if to say, "Look, I'm a Bear. Don't hurt me. Take pity on me instead."

The hospital got a cheap deal on the Bears uniforms because they suck so badly, no one would buy them, so there was always surplus of the Bears uniforms, and the hospital got them cheaply. In a sense, the players got a free Bears uniform for being injured. Course, they couldn't sell them....

No no, you got it all wrong. The Bears uniform is your hospital clothes. The uniform is kind of like the flag medical people fly in war as if to say, "Look, I'm a Bear. Don't hurt me. Take pity on me instead."

That works well too....

no no no, you both got it all wrong (especially you, USFL). the uniforms were not free, its just that all the players really wanted to be on the bears because they are the coolest team ever. since they were in the hospital they did not have to wear their own uniforms, hence they could leave it in whatever clothes they want. of course, this happened to be bears jerseys, more likely than not mike singletary jerseys

scott

Here are the answer's to life's mysteries:

Why is there a marching band at halftime? What, is this a college game?

Dude, the marching band fucking rules. I would take a marching band in 95% if not more of these halftimes where the stupid idiot singers make fools of themselves and they shoot all kinds of fireworks and things. BS. I want a marching band to restore dignity to the game, and once again, Tecmo was ahead of its time.

Why do the uprights appear to be made of rubber?

When the goal posts come down, you don't want anyone to be hurt. Besides, after Brad Muster is done f*cking you on a 99 yard TD run you don't want to have any diseases.

Why does the crowd randomly change color during cinema scenes? (look after a TD...)

They are waving their 8 bit signs and flags and team paraphernalia.

Why does the quarterback's signal never change? (SET! DOWN! HUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUT...)

Can you imagine how confusing that must be for the defense? The QB never changes what he does in any way before the snap. They can't count on cadence or anything. If he says HUTHUTHUTHUT over and over again, 100 or more times, they will get tired and restless and not explode off the ball.

During the halftime cinema where the Fan Man flies down onto the field, why does his back appear to be on fire?

The Air Force shot his plane down. He only meant to do a flyover to propose to his girlfriend.

Why did Tecmo incorporate the "white panty" in the scene where the cheerleader in the pink dress bounces up into the air, freezes, and her skirt moves up about a half an inch exposing some panty?

They're just sex objects man. Besides, would you want yellow panties? :x

Anyone ever seen this?

Let's say one of your computer players rushes the quarterback and he gets into a grapple with him. Then, a player on there team comes in and bounces your computer player off the quarterback. The quarterback is then facing the wrong way and can't move or make a pass because he's not even looking down the field. This leaves him open for the easy sack.

I think this is hilarious.

It is very hilarious. It has saved me from many a computer score.

Anyone ever seen this?

Let's say one of your computer players rushes the quarterback and he gets into a grapple with him. Then, a player on there team comes in and bounces your computer player off the quarterback. The quarterback is then facing the wrong way and can't move or make a pass because he's not even looking down the field. This leaves him open for the easy sack.

I think this is hilarious.

Anybody else notice on that rollout pass to the top of the screen (3 WR, 1 WR moves down, the one the Giants use in the first play slot) that sometimes the bottom WR won't run his route right? Instead of running straight out he'll follow the QB. This has only happened to me when I'm against the CPU, and I rush through the line with the LILB. The QB throws it to that bottom WR, who is usually right on top of the QB. It's really really weird.

I was always amused by the ball, in all of its phases. For the most part, it is a huge, pinkish thing that totally disappeared when it was handled. Judging by bit size, if this ball was on the market, it would probably be beach ball sized. Every throw sees this ball go completely flat, with no apparent motion whatsoever. Then, when a FG or XP is attempted and made, the ball becomes collegiate (with stripes).

Another thing we find mildly amusing is that, without fail, every man in the league wears an armband in the exact same spot on their arms. When has any team ever done this?

on that rollout play often times the 2nd wr (stephen baker) will run into a lineman or something and fall to the ground. on pass plays the wr is supposed to run through opponents until he gets the ball, but I think there's a glitch and for that man it makes him think its a running play since the QB is still rolling out. after playing so many games as the giants, I wondered why sometimes baker wasn't running his route and then I would watch him and he would just flop on the ground like a dead fish

scott