TSB rating Tom Brady?

buck

I'd just like to see what you guys think about rating Tom Brady for a ROM (50 TD, 6 INTs)

Of course, the REC of his receivers will play a roll, so how about those too?

Brady: 63PS, 81PC

Moss: 44,69,63 75REC

Welker: 38,69,50 75REC

would be my initial attempt.

---Champion Ratings-

QB1, tom BRADY, Face=0x3, #12, 25, 69, 19, 13, 56, 88, 81, 75 ,[3, 15, 2 ]

WR1, randy MOSS, Face=0x9e, #81, 44, 69, 63, 13, 69, 63 ,[6, 14, 9, 6 ]

WR2, wes WELKER, Face=0x29, #87, 44, 69, 44, 13, 63, 63 ,[4, 11, 10, 5 ]

--2007-Season--

QB1, tom BRADY, Face=0x3, #12, 25, 69, 19, 13, 56, 81, 75, 75 ,[3, 15, 2 ]

WR1, randy MOSS, Face=0x9e, #81, 38, 69, 69, 13, 69, 63 ,[6, 14, 9, 6 ]

WR2, wes WELKER, Face=0x29, #87, 44, 69, 50, 13, 63, 69 ,[4, 11, 10, 5 ]

63ms-69ms can work for moss .. depends on the creators rating system

I always thought of Brady as having QB Bills ratings - 56/81/81/81.

Manning has a slightly stronger arm so he gets 63/81/75/75.

NO way either one should have 19ms. I considered giving them 6ms because neither one moves much, but the standard 13 is ok.

Moss 44/63, 81rec.

Welker is a slot receiver who averaged only 10.5 y/r this year. 38/44, 69rec.

Original style:

Brady 75 ps, 81 pc

Moss 63 ms, 75 re

Welker 44 ms, 81 re

This is exactly what I had decided on and after play testing it last night, works good.

My friend, using Brady, was intercepted twice in one game! (dumbass throwing to maroney)

• 2 weeks later...

Brady had 8ints this season last time I checked.

81pc is really insane on the original rom especially if you have good wr's to go with it.

So 2004 manning and 2007 brady would qualify.

Moss jerry like numbers

Welker 44 75 (true he may be faster than that but his role was as the underneath wr)

Stallworth 63ms 44rec

Something along those line seems right. Stallworth pretty much runs go routes and doesn't have the best hands. Welker runs the underneath stuff. Randy is well pretty much god like.

In fact Randy may put Jerry Rice's TD record in danger if he has a few more seasons like this one.

Since this is based on stats, I like your ratings except for the Welker 50 MS, 75 rec. I'd up the MS to 56 and lower his rec to 69.

Wes Welker is a product of the system.

I know I must sound like a broken record, I keep defending the Patriots time and time again, but I have to disagree with this. Even before Welker came to New England he led Miami in receptions in 2006 (67 rec 687 yds) and also handled most if not all of their kickoff and punt returns. Plus he filled in for Mare and converted an XP and a FG last year. The only reason I know this is because it came against the Patriots. No doubt the guy is a tremendous athlete. And the Pats must have seen something in him to trade away 2nd and 7th round draft picks for him. This year he tied for the NFL lead in receptions with 112 for 1175 yards with 8 TDs, which is impressive seeing as Brady spread the ball around to Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, Watson, Maroney, Faulk, Morris...and Vrabel. I know the argument could be made that the defense is too concentrated on Randy Moss blah blah blah and that is definitely a factor, but the guy has great hands (the only drop I can recall is a few weeks ago vs. Jacksonville) and what he does after catching the ball is pretty impressive...he also throws one hell of a block - something you don't see on the stat sheet.

Does it mean Furrey was a product of the system or did he capitalize on the chance he was given? You can make that case for any WR. Is Houshmandzadeh a product of the system? Cincinnati is a pass heavy offense and like Welker, has a #1 WR to take most of the focus off of him, but I still think he's a great receiver.

Welker isn't slow...he's pretty damn agile. This will be the 2nd year he has led his team in receptions...2 different teams. I think he will continue to be a great receiver for a few years with NE or another team.

One thing I noticed is Wes Welker doesn't waste body movements ...It seems to make up for his lack of 'jukes' or 'agility' and makes it terribly hard to tell where hes going since he can switch direction so well (superb footwork) .....

he seems not to change speed while turning .. (small strides ??)

then, his deceptive north-south speed (but not east-west) kills em when they try to recover... +10 YAC off a +5 hitch or out.. cause the defender prolly thoguht he had a step on Wes anyway ...

Its gotta be amusing to hear some of the defensive huddles while playing against the patriots..... lotta foul language i can imagine.... lolololol

just my two cents,

Nacirema

If Welker had 10+ YAC on 5 yard hitches, I suppose he averaged -5 YPC on all other pass plays? The guy only averaged 10.5 YPC. I mean really, the Pats went undefeated and broke records, but Pats fans still have to gush about imaginary super abilities of their stars.