(Nacirema) Champions Rosters 32-Team v.5 / Rose Bowl v.75

NaciremaDream

All credit goes to the original author who made it 32-Teams .... CXROM and also to all the Rose Bowl Rom authors and roster authors whom have all served as inspiration for my champion rosters. I did the championship teams rosters and ratings for college and NFL from scratch, but, I still would not have been able to without the original Author(s).

****EDIT NOTICE - 01/23/08 - Added v 0.75 of Rose Bowl- - ---I renamed the topic to more accuratly reflect the post.---

--Nacirema--

It just so happens i enjoy editing ratings for the historical teams, I enjoy NFL history, and know alot of useless information about it ... lolol. Maybe its of some use, I hope so, enjoy.

~~~~Championship Rosters Notes, Rosters, Tips~~~~

---Since I got all the tools needed to do this at this website, I will post both versions of my NFL teams and my Rose Bowl edited rosters I play in my spare time. I pass them onto you for your own pleasure, these will be considered the first versions of these rosters.

---one for 32-Team play (1.0 is next release)

---one for 28-Team play (will not be updated except upon request)

---one for the 'Rose Bowl' College

(two versions, v.75 has 5 new teams and new roster update (more complete team rosters from exact years)

-----NFL CHAMPIONS ROSTER NOTES-----

---When choosing team rosters I first looked to their Super Bowl championship teams and not exclusively to their Hall of Famers or great players...... The championship teams would trump other great players.

---If additional slots remained after offensive players were added, or just bench players remained on offense... HOF'ers would be added to fill in teh blanks

---If no Super Bowl team was avaliable, than a losing Super Bowl team was chosen either for the offensive unit and/or the defensive unit.

---If no Super Bowl loser existed, than any other succesful team was used (Ex: 1996 Jaguars, 1998 Cardinals, 1992 Saints, 1986 Browns, 1991 Lions)

---(ex: Atlanta Falcons = 1998 Falcons Offense and Defense w/ 1991 Falcons w/ 2005 Falcons (M.Vick only) for offense)

---(ex: you can choose the Dolphins and use the 1972 defense... and take your pick of using the 1972 offense, or Marino's record breaking 1984 offense)

---M-Y---R-A-T-I-N-G-S---------

In order to keep my ratings in the parameters of the gameplay, I used the fastest and slowest ratings , strongest and weakest of the original game.. Hence, 75ms is the fastest you'll see period. Thats basically Willie Gault, Darrell Green. If you use the Tecmo Editor for my 28-Team rom ..... you can access the 'leaders' in the attribute ratings categories and reveal the greatest of all time list, same with the Rose Bowl College Rom.

----R-A-T-I-N-G-S--------

I tried to figure in a way to keep players unique, as to their unique playing abilities. This is limited do to the 50,56,63,69 nature of the ratings. I can at least assure you I didn't make any player without checking his positIon in the 'ratings leaders'

So, for instance, if one would like to give Curtis Martin a faster speed than he will prolly jump 5 slots up on the greatest of all-time list. So, I mathematically tried to get some continuity so a weaker player wouldn't be better than another player. (author discretion)

---A list of players that came to mind with unique traits I tried to reflect in the ratings.

QB: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Drew Bledsoe, Michael Vick

RB: Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, A.Peterson, R.Craig, E. Dickerson

FB: Tom Rathman, Mike Alstott, Daryl Johnston, Lorenzo Neal,

WR: Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Steve Largent, Lance Alworth, Fred Bilitnikoff,

TE: Kell Winslow Sr., Ozzie Newsome, Brent Jones, Jay Novacek, Tony Gonzalez

OL: Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Larry Allen, Anthony Munoz, Tom Nalen

DL: Reggie White, Charles Haley (cowboys) Joe Greene, Mark Gastineau, Warren Sapp, Richard Dent

LB: Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Derrick Brooks, M.Singletary, Ray Lewis,

2ndary: Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum, Mel Blount, P.Krause, R. Woodson, J.Lynch, Leroy Butler

Intangibles: Ronde Barber, Charles Haley (49ers), Devin Hester, Eric Metcalf, Curtis Martin, Reggie White (packers), Wes Welker

----TEAM NOTES AND ROSTER AUTHOR THOUGHTS----

**Please note, Champion rosters are reflective of teams in their championship grace, otherwise, 1998 Falcons Chris Chandler wouldn't have such a friendly welcome to my rosters, neither would the 1996 Panthers Kerry Collins. I tried to make all teams playable..and keep their unique attributes.. etc...

---I had alot of fun adding the 1996 Jaguars and 1996 Panthers. Amazing they both were one game away from the Super Bowl in 1996.

---The Houston texans, with no sucessful team yet, were replaced by the 1977 Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Team, with Bob hayes from the 1971 Super Champion Team and a RB from the same team.

---The Dallas Cowboys are the only franchise which it was necessary to have two Tecmo teams to use due to their 8 Super Bowl appearances.

-----TEAMS-----

Bills- 1990-93 Bills -

Dolphins - 1972 Dolphins w/ backup 1984 Miami Offense -

Patriots - 2001 Patriots , 2003-04 , 2007

Jets - 1968 Jets - backup 1998 Jets -

Bengals - 1988 Super Bowl Team - backup current Bengals

Browns - 1986-7 Browns, plus Jim Borwn. (Imported Authors Work)

Ravens- 2000 Baltimore Ravens -

Steelers - the 1970s Steeler Dynasty w/ a backup 2005

Colts - 2006 Super Bowl Champion w/ Johnny Unitas.

Texans - 1977 Dallas Cowboys defense and offense

Titans - 1999 Titans w/ 1991 Oilers -

Jaguars - 2007 Jacksonville Jaguars w/ 1996 Jaguars teams.

Broncos - the 1997- 1998 Denver Broncos

Chiefs - 1969 Chiefs,

Raiders - 1976 Raiders / 1983 Raiders / w/ 1990 Raiders -

Chargers - 1981 Chargers / 1994 Chargers / 2007 -

Redskins - 1982 Redskins / 1981 / 1991 -

Eagles - 1990 Eagles / 2005 Eagles -

Giants - the 1990 New York Giants w/ 1986 NY Giants -

Cowboys - the 1992, 93 - 95

Bears - The 1985 Chicago Bears -

Packers - The 1996 - 1997 Green Bay Packers -

Lions - the 1991 Lions w/ the 1995 Detroit Lions -

Vikings - 1998 Minnesota Vikings -

Buccaneers - the 2002 Super Bowl Champion team -

Saints - 1992 Saints w/ current roster -

Panthers - the 2003 Super Bowl team w/ 1996 Panthers .

Falcons - the 1998 Falcons w/ 1991 w/ 2004 Atlanta Falcons.

49ers - the 1988-89 49ers Offense and Defense w/ the 1984 49ers.

Seahawks - Used their Super Bowl team of 2005, offense and defense...

Rams - The 1999 Rams - The 1999 rams offense and defense ....

Cardinals - the 1998 Cardinals w the current roster.

----Rose Bowl v.75 Roster Goals and Ideas----

**NOTE: This list is only for the newer v.75 version ... I did not update the 'original champion rosters, or the 28 team, however I will leave them for posterity and to mark its progress....

***ALSO: I used a different engine to add Alabama, ASU, A&M and such. TThe helmet colors I couldn't change, but I changed the jersey Colors...

Auburn - 2004 Champs (+ Bo)

Alabama - 1992 Champs

LSU - 2003 Champs

Florida - 1996 Champs

Georgia - 1980 CHamps (Herschel)

Tennessee- 1998 Champs

Michigan - 1998 Champs

Penn St. - 1994 Champs + 1986 Champs Defense

Ohio St. - 2002 Champs (w 2006 subs)

Notre Dame - 1988 Champs and (1993)

Miami U - 1987, 1989, 2001 ....

W.V. - 1993, 1987, 2006

Pittsburgh - 1976 -

Va. Tech - 1999

Texas - 2005 -

Nebraska - 1994-95 -

Texas A&M - 1992-95

Colorado - 1990 - 1994 -

Kansas Kansas St - 2002

Oklahoma - 1985 - 2000 - plus Peterson

USC - 2003-4

Washington - 1991

Oregon - 2002

Arizona St. - 1996

FSU - 1993 , 1999

Clemson - 1981

Virginia - 1994 - Ronde / Tiki Barber brothers.

**Special** Minnesota - 1960 Champs + 61-62 Rose Bowl Team (work in progress)

Requests -

Ga.Tech 1990

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the authors of all the files,

i've enjoyed them very much

Hope you enjoy the rosters ,

take care, god bless

Nacire

**EDIT NOTE: Trimmed team notes to save space ... renamed Topic to reflect 'rosters' and not the actual creation of the 32 team rom.

***EDIT NOTE: Deleted old .zips

****EDIT NOTICE - 01/23/08 - Added v 0.75 of Rose Bowl- - Added Credits at top of thread to authors, thanks again.

The Champions Edition.rar

32Team - RoseBowl - Champions Edition v05 Fix.rar

Rose Bowl Champions Edition v075.rar

just looked over it .. seems I need to adjust the playbooks for the 32-Team Rom. They haven't been yet...

The 28-Team has playbooks adjusted. I wont do it tonight but i'll adjust the 32 Team one so Donte Stallworth wont be running handoffs for the Patriots :mrgreen: .. they were in a 3WR set in the 28 team version.

So Note: Some teams have a WR3 at the RB2 Spot. This reflects the formation option in the 28Team version ... when I was importing the rosters to 32-Team... I wasn't to strict on fixing all those.

Glad its a first version hehe, g*night.

Ok, I went back over the rosters after i posted them and made some quick fixes and additions. Heres a newer version ---

---NOTES---

-- Fixed all WR3 whom were located in RB2 slot.

--All Teams offenses are now 2WR,2RB,1TE irregardless of playing style

-- Switched playbook slots for running and passing plays,

--eliminated all reverses and flea flickers.

-- Adjusted some of the playbooks to more reflect teams playing style

-- Lowered Dave Meggett's RS / MS / REC, it was at Tecmo's default level.

-- Players Added

-Merv Fleming, Woody Bennett, Dan Johnson

-Pete Lammons

-Kevin Mack

-Larry Brown

-James Stewart, Natrone Means, Pete Mitchell

-Steve Bono

-Timmy Smith

-Ken Norton Jr.

-Scott Mitchell, Billy Sims

-Kris Mangum

-Tim McKyer

-Roland Williams

--BUGS--

cannot edit the simulation stats for the NFC West. The 1998 Cardinals continually beat the 1989 49ers

cannot edit a teams formation to reflect 3WR teams like 1999 Rams, 1998 Vikings, 2007 Pats, 2006 Colts and so forth. So, running backs in the RB2 slot sometimes acquire high reception yards in Pass Happy teams.

have not addressed all teams playbooks to lower high simulation stats for average players (Dave Meggett getting 1,000 receiving yards.. etc...

--------------------

Enjoy,

Do playbooks really have anything to do with simulation stats?

hell yes, major factor. You can see it easily - try setting a playbook with a two-back set, then one where one RB gets all 4 plays. His stats don't exactly double, but they get a huge jump.

also, QBs get no runs unless you give them a run play.

passing is the same, the more plays a receiver is an option on, the more times he is targeted. The QB likely has better stats too if you use all pass plays with 5 receivers, but I haven't really looked into that.

Hi,

Yes, you can tweak how many touches a player will get by the type of plays chosen in the playbook.

-----CHAMPION ROSTER UPDATE-----

32-Team--

--fixed the simulation errors in the 32-Team Champions Edition.

Rose Bowl

--finally finished an update for the Rose Bowl Champions Edition

- adjusted ratings to be in harmony with 32Team ratings.

- fixed the simulation of season

- still lack great teams to insert (Alabama ? Washington ? Ga. Tech?)

-adjusted ratings to be more realistic for-

desmond howard, raghib ismail, jemarcus russell, al wilson, jacob hester, dan marino, reggie bush, herschel walker, michael vick, kordell stewart, tim brown, peter warrick, tom brady, charlie ward, devin hester, tommie frazier, brian griese, carson palmer, michael robinson, larry fitzgerald, ahman green, joe jurevicius, matt leinhart, ell roberson, vince Young, michael irvin, fred taylor, charles woodson

added:

Fla. QB Tim Tebow, FSU WR Robert Morgan,

EDIT NOTICE : I had to immediatly re-upload this file... Jim Kelly had a wrong picture ... LOLOL .... someone call quality control. !

hell yes, major factor. You can see it easily - try setting a playbook with a two-back set, then one where one RB gets all 4 plays. His stats don't exactly double, but they get a huge jump.

also, QBs get no runs unless you give them a run play.

passing is the same, the more plays a receiver is an option on, the more times he is targeted. The QB likely has better stats too if you use all pass plays with 5 receivers, but I haven't really looked into that.

1. I can see a four play RB getting more yards.

2. Are you sure? Don't they scramble on pass plays during simulation?

3. If this is the case how can you change the primary WR on each pass play and how can you change the targets? This would help solve a lot of problems.

I think , from the prgramming standpoint, which I am not versed in ...

that the simulation somehow incorporates the 8 plays chosen into the simulation formulae ...

I'm sure theres some serious programmers here that nkow the ins and outs of it ... I would like to know myself, it can help me arrange the rosters better for simulation.

I haven't noticed any QB rushing yards in a playbook with no QB run plays, to my knowledge at least. You can scramble in a 'user' game and it will keep the stats... but never noticed any simulation stats by CPU without a CPU running play.

as far as player positions and sim stats.........

in my college Rose Bowl rom, I noticed Reggie Bush has 4 running plays, ... he ends up with 1600 yards.... but he also leads in receptions.

I was wondering... thinking on replacing him with lendale white, make Reggie Bush the RB2 , and than split the running plays between the two. or maybe 3/1

That should nullify his rushing yards, which don't really need nullifying too much.... . its the passing part which i'm trying to smooth out.

i think it revolves around "reception" and which plays you ahve selected for passing. along with RS/MS and so forth....

Reggie Bush seemed to catch 65 passes in a the RB1 slot, not sure what LenDale White had at RB2... i'm guessing the high average is due to his running ability....

Its tough because he is one of the best pass catching RB's in College and NFL history.,,, he has superb hands for a RB ... this , however does not reflect well in the Sim stats...

maybe i'm just being too picky... but

perhaps a swap will offset the stats, since LenDales 'receptions' are no where near reggies,, or atleast they shouldn't be. (maybe i screwed up there? )... and the stats should be more realistic.

--------Regarding the plays , and adjusting primaries.

Some plays only have 3 receivers going out for a pass, some four, others 5. Though in the end, its not a real judicious way of doing it, you can limit the percentage of touches by mixing plays with 3-4 WR's instead of all 5 receivers going out ....

it can only affect so much though... other than that yu will be creating your own plays... which would be cool too!

also, if anyone has any playbooks or plays for 'Rose Bowl' ...

those would be cool to insert in some of the more 'general' plays in the playbook. Of course, these rosters are for everyones use...

I wouldn't have even made them if i didn't find the tools here, so anytihng to help expand the game i'm in, s'all fun for me.

also, if anyone has any playbooks or plays for 'Rose Bowl' ...

those would be cool to insert in some of the more 'general' plays in the playbook. Of course, these rosters are for everyones use...

I wouldn't have even made them if i didn't find the tools here, so anytihng to help expand the game i'm in, s'all fun for me.

you obviously put a lot of work into this, good job man. an all-time/champions college rom has been at the top of my wish list for a long time, glad to see one come around.

i do want to ask how you made roster decisions for Rose Bowl. for the most part the rosters seem not necessarily all-time team best, but best of the fairly recent past. however, some go back a good bit further than others. for example, Pitt has marino/dorsett which is going back about 23 and 30 years respectively. however, texas/oklahoma don't have anyone older than 1999 or so. i'm guessing it was much harder to get a "star" list for teams like Pitt so it was necessary for those teams to be "older" than others. the net result however is that Pitt may have better star players than texas, even though they actually fielded far less successful teams.

at any rate it's a minor quibble. looks awesome, i'll be playing plenty of it!

Hi,

thanks for the reply! I'm glad you like the rosters!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------NCAA Champions (team by team) breakdown-------------------

Auburn - 2004 Champs (+ Bo)

Alabama - 1992 Champs

LSU - 2003 Champs

Florida - 1996 Champs (Great offense)

Georgia - 1980 CHamps (Herschel)

Tennessee- 1998 Champs

Michigan - 1998 Champs (Charles Woodson)

Penn St. - 1994 Champs + 1986 Champs Defense

Ohio St. - 2002 Champs (w 2006 subs)

Notre Dame - 1988 Champs and (1993)

Miami U - 1987, 1989, 2001 ....

W.V. - 1993, 1987, 2006

Pittsburgh - 1976 -

Va. Tech - 1999

Texas - 2005 -

Nebraska - 1994-95 -

Texas A&M - 1992-95

Colorado - 1990 - 1994 -

Kansas Kansas St - 2002

Oklahoma - 1985 - 2000 - plus Peterson

USC - 2003-4

Washington - 1991

Oregon - 2002

Arizona St. - 1996

FSU - 1993 , 1999

Clemson - 1981

Virginia - 1994 - Ronde / Tiki Barber brothers.

**Special** Minnesota - 1960 Champs + 61-62 Rose Bowl Team (work in progress)

Requests -

Ga.Tech 1990

Enjoy,

**EDIT NOTICE - Cleaned up College Roster Breakdown , also ... I will keep only the NFL 28, 32 and Rose Bowl champion updates on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Stuff... its good to note for the simulation stats.

----------------

I've been working on a few things.

Updated some of the Rose Bowl, added some teams, tried to alter some helmets..... Names are fixed i'm toying with the ratings still.. having trouble cause I never saw the 1981 Clemson Tigers play 8O

some updates, and some new.

- Update to 'Rose Bowl - Champion Edition' (roster fixes cross the board)

- 1981 Clemson

- 1992-95 Texas AM

- 1992 Alabama

- 1991 Washington

Prolly have em up by end of the night

finished my first season run through last week, enjoyed it. if you're still looking for input on any of the earlier or new rosters let me know, i have some insights into the 90's teams at least.

has anyone found a way to edit the playoffs? i'd like to allow only the top 4 teams into the playoffs if possible to get as much of a regular-season emphasized college feel as possible. but if it's not doable i'll still take what we have 10 times out of 10.

nacirema,

where do you get the team rosters and stat info for your college rom?

I used Playstation2 2007 NCAA Football *Historic Rosters and Ratings for the basis of my teams and as a guide.

I couldn't readily find all the rosters I needed.

More recent champs would have a roster available, some older ones and not so older ones I could not get ahold of. Wikipedia would sometimes have a actual Depth Chart on the championship teams, or I may find a fan page on Google search or a stat book, roster .. etc..

I didn't do all this for the first releases as I was just going with the ones I knew best.. hence, the holees in the Texas roster, and having star players on weaker teams .... I've cleaned that up though wit the newer release 8O

Website Examples I tried:

-College Football Reference.com

-Example For Alabama rosters *CrimsonTide.com * for instance .....

- I tihnk Wikipedia had the Depth Chart for the 1996 Arizona St. Sun Devils but not for some more recent champs ....

Note:

-I couldn't find any rosters for 1991 Washington, 1960 Minnesota, 1980 Georgia specifically, and plenty of others..

so I did a search on College Football Reference .com

and google'd **1980 Georgia Bulldogs Roster Herschel** (found old article on champ team with like 5 non-star players listed for instance) (still has some holes though like backup QB and WR's ... starting CB)

I managed to find a list of all-time Minnesota players whom were drafted to the NFL and looked for those drafted in 1961, 1962, 1963 etc... so thats why the Gopher team is a work in progress...

Thanks for your time,

Take Care and Enjoy

P.S. : I've uploaded the new v.75 Rose Bowl Rosters

finished my first season run through last week, enjoyed it. if you're still looking for input on any of the earlier or new rosters let me know, i have some insights into the 90's teams at least...

I'll definitly need alot of help in correcting all the jersey number / skin color errors on all teams... most of the major ones are good ... and i'm sure i missed ratings errors when putting together some of the teams. Colt McCoy and some other backups need tuning I noticed ....

Take Care,

• 2 weeks later...

So, I guess I'll be re-doing the Patriots team in the Championship Edition as they are not Champions. The 2004 Team will prolly be chosen now.

I'll debate how I will insert the Giants team, I might do a mix of all three of their teams, maybe do two starting offenses.... or maybe just do the 07 Team.. or make two version with two different Giants teams..

Gotta find a way to represent Super Bowl 42 victors, hopefully have it up within a week.

• 1 month later...

Incredibly awesome job. I have been working on a rom just like this for the past week. It is very hard to find the old rosters. Major props to you. I managed to piece together some of the older teams like 71 Nebraska and 72 USC, but it wasn't easy.

Instead of combining teams, I gave some schools more than one team on the rom. I will finish it soon and post it.

Good job, again. I know it is hard work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...