NES STB - Copying Player/Team Names from one Rom to another

afdave

Basically what I stated here. I copied the "Player Names" block of Hex from one hacked ROM to another, and it didn't corrupt the 2nd ROM, but, the names are super messed up now though on the 2nd ROM, so, I assume there must be another "block" that has player name lengths maybe(?) If my assumption here is right, can someone tell me where/how long that block is?

I will have the same issue with team names it appears, so, if the same thing applies there, I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks.

OK, here is where I am so far. I tried using TSBT, but, that seemed to copy everything over, not just the players and teams.

Here is what I'm working with and trying to do:

AFL.nes - An AFL mod by (I believe) JStout and Mr Beef that has all of the modded Team and Player names for the AFL 2007 (other than New Orleans players) and . I have made a few more changes, making the season schedule accurate, and a few other minor text changes. The "AFL Play" is made possible by changing the field graphics to "appear" like a 50 yard field, and changing the 1st down to be 20 yards (which on the "fake AFL field" is 10 yards).

Arena_Field.nes - A "50 yard field" mod by JStout that actually shortened the Tecmo field to 50 yards (the game, it appears, actually recognizes the field as only 50 yards long). So, the 1st down stays at 1st and 10, etc. The only diff is the 50 yard field.

When I do the TSBT to "copy over" the data from AFL to Arena Field, Arena Field has all the rules mods and stuff from AFL as well, instead of just the players.

So, my goal here is, to combine the Teams/Players/Graphics/Schedule modifications ONLY from AFL.nes, with the rules/field modifications from Arena_Field.nes, to get a good "combined" arena ROM, and then go from there.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, here is where I am so far. I tried using TSBT, but, that seemed to copy everything over, not just the players and teams.

Here is what I'm working with and trying to do:

AFL.nes - An AFL mod by (I believe) JStout and Mr Beef that has all of the modded Team and Player names for the AFL 2007 (other than New Orleans players) and . I have made a few more changes, making the season schedule accurate, and a few other minor text changes. The "AFL Play" is made possible by changing the field graphics to "appear" like a 50 yard field, and changing the 1st down to be 20 yards (which on the "fake AFL field" is 10 yards).

Arena_Field.nes - A "50 yard field" mod by JStout that actually shortened the Tecmo field to 50 yards (the game, it appears, actually recognizes the field as only 50 yards long). So, the 1st down stays at 1st and 10, etc. The only diff is the 50 yard field.

When I do the TSBT to "copy over" the data from AFL to Arena Field, Arena Field has all the rules mods and stuff from AFL as well, instead of just the players.

So, my goal here is, to combine the Teams/Players/Graphics/Schedule modifications ONLY from AFL.nes, with the rules/field modifications from Arena_Field.nes, to get a good "combined" arena ROM, and then go from there.

Thanks for any help.

If you want to copy just the players you need to do the following:

1. Open the rom in TSBTool that you want to copy players from.

2. Click 'View Contents'.

3. Delete any data you do not want applied to your new ROM (Like schedule data).

4. Now, Load the ROM you wish to modify.

5. Click 'Apply to ROM'.

Done.