TSB 32-Team ROM (2007)

cxrom

CX, I had a playoff party and about 30 or so of my friends showed up, I broke out your 32team rom on the laptop and we had a mini playoff, the ones that hadn't played it loved the simple controls and addictive game play, sum had played it back in the day and remembrered why they loved it so much (they all loved it), we played until six in the morning the ones that had played it remembered the (missing) qb's hut sound and it originally only had 28 teams, they were amazed at what you had done, anyway this rom is a true peace of art just wanted to know if I could help in the final few stokes until it's a master peace, not to say it's not now, were there is a will there is a way, if or when, you get ready to take this great task on, if there is anyway I can help, just let me know, i won't bother you w/ this again, thanks for all the knowledge that you have shared and for all the knowledge you will share w/ us on this site and for the fire that you have giving to me to help make this ***THE BEST TECMO SITE AROUND*** just wanted to let you know that you have put alot of smiles on the faces of people on this site and otheres to.

peace cx GOD be w/ you!!!

This is the greatest and best thing in the world! Well maybe not but I love it! I've ran the game on by Nintendo DS (emulator Nes DS) and it works great. There are minor game bugs but who cares because there are 32 teams and a mid game playbook editor! I mainly registered my account here so you guys know you are amazing to spend the time and effort to work on this project.

first post updated to v1.05. thank jstout for fixing a lot of the bugs. the quarter length is now adjustable from an "options" menu on the main menu. the weather option is a placeholder at this point and doesn't do anything. the blank slot below "weather" is not a bug, it's for future uses.

first post updated to v1.05. thank jstout for fixing a lot of the bugs. the quarter length is now adjustable from an "options" menu on the main menu. the weather option is a placeholder at this point and doesn't do anything. the blank slot below "weather" is not a bug, it's for future uses.

Wow....this gets better and better. I have gone ahead and downloaded the latest version and re-applied my work to it. The TSB TOOL and this game are the best thing to happen to this community in a LONG time!

You have made the best game of 2008!

Maybe Ever?

Nah. The original was better in its hayday.

Yes, the original was great back in the day but know we can update the rosters to the original and the hybrid 32team rom by (CXROM) easily thanks to (BAD_AL) and CXROM is doing sum stuff to the original that now in my opinion making it better than the super nes version which in the past was head and shoulders above the nes version, this is truly a great and exciting time for nes version of this rom and what CXROM has planed for the rom in the future like maybe weather effects and god only knows what else besides CX himself is truly separating this rom from anything else, we might be looking in a year or so and say, this can't be from the original and that's not a bad thing since if you want to play the original you can always go back and do so, this is about the (evolution of tecmo super bowl). I would also just like to say thanks to CXROM, Jstout and BAD_AL for all ther hard work and time they have put into making this the best TSB ever!!!

The thing about the original is that the teams really do have their own personality. For example, you know what you're going to get when you go against SF. They're friggin awesome and you really have to work to beat them, run time down, stuff like that. With Houston and that R&S you're toast if you play the run. And vice versa with Detroit. I can go an entire game and not choose a pass play on defense when playing Sanders.

It's hard to get that today, maybe the parity in the NFL is now effecting TSB!!!

With the newer games, it takes a lot of time and editing to get that feel.

Yes, this is the best game ever after some tweaking but the original will always have that swagger, that thing that distinguishes it.

The thing about the original is that the teams really do have their own personality. For example, you know what you're going to get when you go against SF. They're friggin awesome and you really have to work to beat them, run time down, stuff like that. With Houston and that R&S you're toast if you play the run. And vice versa with Detroit. I can go an entire game and not choose a pass play on defense when playing Sanders.

It's hard to get that today, maybe the parity in the NFL is now effecting TSB!!!

Yes, this is the best game ever after some tweaking but the original will always have that swagger, that thing that distinguishes it.

Well said

Well said

Yes, well said but like you just wote you know what you got w/ the original since "91" and it will always have that swagger ( to some ex-stint ) because it was the first of it's kind but I'm talking about the evolution of TSB and if your saying you would rather play the original over the new hybrid 32 team rom by CXROM than thats something I can't say my-self and just like you also said you can now tweak the game to your liking w/ the original or the 32 team rom, to give each team and player their own personality sum-thing back in the day only the developers who did original TSB had that power, now were able to edit the entire game anyway at anytime the way we want to tweak it just the way we want and all that debating over players, ratings and teams w/ the original or the 32 team rom doesn't apply anymore because of that ability, to me anyway, don't get me wrong nobody loves the original more than me, it's because of the original that were at this point but all things have to start at a point and more times than not, get better w/ time and to me TSB has done just that, ( gotten better over time ) and to me w/ all of this keep in mind, better than the original, the new hybrid 32 team rom has all that swagger and then sum ( 32 teams, playbook in start menu, selectable quarter time ) and only will get even better when CX puts in stuff like maybe weahter effects or who know's what else CX will come up w/ he is a very talented programmer. 2- year's from now, if TSB keeps evolving the way it has here lately, it may very well be remembered to every-one just as the starting point and not as the best TSB game ever made, but as I have posted in other threads everyone has ther own opinion, some may agree w/ this some may not, Im just glade were at this point in time w/ this great game!!!

Hello all.. long time lurker, first time poster.

I appreciate all that is done here and I'll have to say this is the greatest thing to hit my computer, this is real amazing stuff. Thanks to all that make it possible.

A few questions about the game that the people here should be able to answer:

When the defensive player gets an interception/fumble, what makes them fast or have a strong hitting power when running it back? Example: I just picked one with Ed Reed and he was extremely slow when running it back, yet he was breaking every tackle. I know this was pretty random in the '91 version as well, but I was wondering if it is random or whether it can be set through the programming of the game? (I don't run any of those programs to change the roms and such.. so I don't know)

Now that we have a time option.. when I'm playing a season with four minutes games, does the computer in the simulations of games then score less, or are they still in the same simulation time and score literally the same as the old roms? Example: If I have it set at 7 mins will they score 42-38 instead of 31-28?

Also I was hoping to throw out a few major/maybe unreasonable goals for this rom in the future:

1. Trading.. I'd love to play with Hester but not have to play with the Bears. heh.

2. Formation setting in game (OF Starters Set).. It'd be cool to run 4 WR offense with the Pats, or 3 WR 1 TE. (I'm sure you can do this with an editor that most of the people here have)

3. Tackles Statistic.. Probably too far-fetched, but would be way cool.

I guess that's it.. and since I don't want to post in the bugs thread also, I'll just throw out an irritating mention of the fact that Ben Leber is white, not black. 8O

Keep on keepin' on.. love you guys.

Thanks,

-jb

That's why rushed out ROMS usually are panned. Getting the right feel takes lots of testing and isn't just about the player ratings.

That's why rushed out ROMS usually are panned. Getting the right feel takes lots of testing and isn't just about the player ratings.

Dose anybody even talk or listen to this guy 8O and have you ever even posted a rom since you been a member? or do you just try to tare down the hard working people on this site that at least make an effort 8) and it really hurts I can't pm you 8O