Northeast Tecmo Tournament '08 Discussion Thread

riddleinthdark

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, is there a limit as to how many people can enter this tourney? Since this is taking place in CT, I have shitloads of friends who may be interested in participating. They don't play Tecmo that much nowadays so they'd get DESTROYED but us hardcore Tecmoers, but they'd come along just for the fun of it.

If you do want to set a limit to how many people can play, at the very least I'm sure my friends will have fun hanging out, drinking some beers, and watching the other people play, even if they don't actually participate. What is the capacity of this bar?

Have them come to the tourn too augie.. I don't think that there being too many ppl is going to be a problem.. WOrst case if it is going to be an issue they can just hangout and play some games between each other and some of us, as there is going to be an open console-tv or laptop designated to be open for pick up games the entire time.

There a list of who is coming?

Check the official thread for any info on the tourney.

Just added the address of Maloney's Pub to the official thread, as well as their myspace page. Make sure to take the address down, as I am sure there's probably more than one Irish pub with that name. It is, after all, New England. :mrgreen:

There a list of who is coming?

Check the official thread for any info on the tourney.

Just added the address of Maloney's Pub to the official thread, as well as their myspace page. Make sure to take the address down, as I am sure there's probably more than one Irish pub with that name. It is, after all, New England. :mrgreen:

Can you update who is comin?

BigMv, Lillefty021, Palmer2ChadFor6 for sure...VogtCD maybe.

Added the Ohio crew coming. They'll be crashing Connecticut the Thursday before the tourney in order to prep and see the beautiful New England sites!

I also added TecSpectre and SteveTasker who had almost made it to last year's tourney. This year it looks like they will make the trip.

Right now the total is anywhere from 15-22, depending on how many people some people bring as guests.

ATTENTION: Please let us know what equipment you can bring. This is very important. I will update what you post on the official thread. Please only say what you can definitely bring (100%).

Tournament is getting close!

It is defin all go with the bar having it at and looking for a head count, as well as how many consoles are going to be brought there.

I personally have 2 consoles with 2 cartridges that I'm bringing.

As well as 2 laptops w/ the orig rom on it.

MAKE SURE that everyone brings their computer controllers with them so can play on the laptops as well. If choose not to play your game that way, and would rather have it on one of the 50 - 60" TVs you defin can, but some of you, including myself don't mind playing on laptop and prefer our controller that is used all of the time via online games to an old Nes 8-Bit controller.

All semi final and on games will be played on the bigscreen TVs there, would only be the prelim rounds and pickup games on the laptops (if even necessary)

PLEASE Feel free to contact my with any questions or ocmments regarding the tournament.

Jan 26th

11am practice-registration

12 - noon start

Maloney's Pub

Meriden CT

Erik Merliss

[email protected]

Email me for directions or if looking for info if are going to take the train, or bus here.. I will also give my phone number so can call me when on way if having any issues with the directions or traffic is bad and looking for an alternate route.

Most likely I will be in New Haven which is about 20 minutes away from Maloney's and use that as a meeting place for everyone so can follow me in from there, or whoever takes the train into New HAven I can bring them to and from the station.