Northeast Tecmo Tournament '08 Discussion Thread

riddleinthdark

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fecmochump -I've got to say, although we're stuck here in Iowa, this sounds Verrrrrrrrry tempting. Do you guys have an official date yet? I have a buddy and I that played in a big Iowa tourney a few years ago with about 25 guys -I got 3rd (stupid JJ) and he got 5th.

This sounds great, and we both have systems/games/good livers/eyes for waitresses, even if we're in our 30's.

Probably a long shot with our families, but ya never know.

So it looks like Saturday the 27th will be the day according to prior posts. What would you estimate the start and end times to be? With my Local PA Tourney starting @ 8:30 Sunday morning I can be out too late and still get ready for mine that Sunday. Depending on the time, going from noon to 5pm would be ok, but can't go much later. I might have other guys in our league that would consider coming too. I would bring at the most 4 other people than myself.

Dan

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!! I live 20 minutes from Meriden!!! Traveling to this tourney couldn't be more convenient for me!!!

There is a train station in Meriden. You should be able to take Amtrak to Meriden. Once you get dropped off I guess you'd take a cab to the bar, unless the bar is close enough to the station that you could walk to it? Not sure what time the Meriden train station closes, but definitely buy a return ticket before coming up here!!!!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to reconsider things and I think your suggest isn't a bad one. Some guys used teams like San Fran twice. I think the best team I used was the Bears, so it all depends on who you are playing.

I am thinking of having everyone qualify for the second part, and having a shorter preliminary round (3-4 games). Your record and your total points would determine your seed. If there are an uneven number of players at the tourney, I'd just give the best records first round byes.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to reconsider things and I think your suggest isn't a bad one. Some guys used teams like San Fran twice. I think the best team I used was the Bears, so it all depends on who you are playing.

I don't see a problem with using SF twice. I'd gladly take a shot at them with the Giants and it's good strategy to not use the Giants unless you have to. Another thing to think about would be extending pool play and then making playoffs single elimination. The cool thing about that is that as you play more pool games, the seeding gets better defined and more strategy comes in to play as far as choosing teams. I really enjoyed the camaraderie of pool play last year and it gives a bit more meat to the "season".

Just some thoughts.

2 topless chicks are in the works for the day of the tournament to work the keg(s) for us whiloe we play!. 100% for real, wish i was kidding!!

topless chicks and beer are kinda alike..... there are good kinds.....and BAd kinds! But once your drunk, you don't give a f@#k anymore!! :o